Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

AoS Event Mar 2011: Registration and Details (and Food!)

For event announcements to be shown in the recent news on the forum home page.

AoS Event Mar 2011: Registration and Details (and Food!)

Postby mattjgilbert » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:43 am

Dates
I've booked 12/13/14 March 2011 (Saturday, Sunday, Monday) at Warhammer World, Nottingham.
We have 10 tables booked on all three days. No Apoc tables booked yet but I’ll sort that out once the format is agreed and I know how many we need.

Hotels
  • Some folks have already booked the Days Inn using this deal Bane describes here
  • In the past we have also used the Hylands Hotel on Queens Road West.

Format
The plan for the weekend is:

Saturday: 40K Doubles Tournament. As we've done before. Prizes for placing. Lunch on the day will be £8 per head for those wishing to go for the lunch deal. GW have also said they can do pizza for us in the evening, price £7.10 per head and an extra £1.55 if you want a bowl of chips too.
The Tournament rules and schedule are included in the pack.
AoS TOURNAMENT PACK.pdf

Sunday: 40K pickup/challenge games and Apoc games. However, based on the results of the tournament, "good" or "evil" players may get certain bonuses and will be encouraged to play against each other rather than players on their own "side". Anyone wanting to Play AI should let me know so we can tailor games based on the previous day's results and our linked-game theme. For all games, some ideas will be prepared already but I also reserve the right to make stuff up on the day ;)
Players will be asked to fill in a brief summary sheet at the end of any game they play so we can keep track of the games and results.

Monday: Anything goes. 40K or anything else you want. Not influenced by any previous games.

Following weeks: The results of all the games will be fed into an overall "bat-rep" to give some context to the whole event. This will then be published on AoS.

Thus, the results of the Doubles tournament will influence the games played on the Sunday in the hope that all games across the weekend will help tell a story. All results and the outcome the games have created will then be presented back here after the event. This means that the tournament results can be taken as stand-alone for the Saturday but WILL influence the next day.

Food options for the Saturday
Lunch

Main meals
Unless otherwise stated all dishes below will be served with potatoes, chips and two vegetables of the day

Beef lasagne; beef bolognaise sauce, layered between sheets of pasta topped with mozzarella cheese sauce
£5.70

Roast chicken and ham pie; chunks of freshly roasted chicken mixed with roast ham all smothered with a creamy white sauce encased in crisp short crust pastry
£5.70

+vegetarian option

Desserts

Apple pie served with custard
£1.90

Chocolate fudge cake with fresh pouring cream
£1.90

Drinks are cans or bottles ranging up to £1.

--------------------------------------------------------

Evening
Pizza Menu choice of:

Ham and pineapple
Pepperoni
Meat feast
Roast vegetable
Cheese and tomato

All served on 12inch deep pan bases topped with a pizza tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella
£7.10 each

Bowl of chips £1.55

Current Attendance List
Please reply to this thread if you are attending and please indicate:
- which days you are attending (tournament is on the Saturday)
- if you intend to take up the lunch deal on the Saturday
- if you want to get pizza and/or chips on the Saturday evening.
- what army you are intending to take on each day (not the full list, just the type. This isn't vital but it'll give me an idea of how the good and evil sides will shape up.

mattjgilbert (all three days) Lasagne + apple pie for Lunch on Saturday. Meat feast Pizza and chips on Saturday evening. Daemons for the tournament, Ultramarines the rest of the time
WolflordHavoc (all three days) Lasagne + apple pie for Lunch on Saturday. Pepperoni Pizza and chips on Saturday evening. Space Wolves
Martyn Chate (all three days) Lasagne + apple pie for Lunch on Saturday. Ham and pineapple Pizza and chips on Saturday evening. Dark Angels
Ljundhammer (Saturday and Sunday) Lasagne + chocolate fudge cake for Lunch on Saturday. No pizza. Imperial
Baragash (all three days)) Lasagne + chocolate fudge cake for Lunch on Saturday. Meat feast Pizza and chips on Saturday evening. Chaos in some guise
Red Devil (all three days) Chicken pie + apple pie for Lunch on Saturday. Meat feast Pizza only on Saturday evening. Imperial
Stunty (all three days) Lasagne only for Lunch on Saturday. Just chips on Saturday evening. Some kind of evil
KInG (all three days, possibly 4!) Chicken pie + apple pie for Lunch on Saturday. Ham and pineapple Pizza and chips on Saturday evening. Guard or Daemons - will bring both and decide later
BANE (all three days) Lasagne + apple pie for Lunch on Saturday. Meat feast Pizza and chips on Saturday evening. Loyalist marines
Jo (all three days) [i] Chicken pie + chocolate fudge cake for Lunch on Saturday. Meat feast Pizza and chips Saturday evening. TBC
Rich (all three days) [i] Chicken pie + chocolate fudge cake for Lunch on Saturday. Pepperoni Pizza and chips Saturday evening. TBC
Simon (all three days) Chicken pie but no dessert on Saturday. Ham and pineapple Pizza and chips on Saturday evening. TBC
Confused_gordy (Saturday and Sunday) No food Marines
killmaimburn (Saturday and Sunday) No food Imperial
Herne (Saturday and possibly Sunday) No food Chaos
Pete (Saturday and Sunday) No food Ultramarines
Luke (Saturday) No food Imperial Guard
Jasper (Saturday) No food Eldar
Dan (Saturday) No food Loyalist Marines
Mr 6 (Saturday and Sunday) No food Eldar of some kind TBC
estarriol (Saturday only) No food.
Spack (Saturday and Sunday) No food Will be either and see what's needed on the day
ruffian4 (Saturday only)) Chicken & ham pie and apple pie for Lunch on Saturday. No pizza. Chaos in some guise
stargod (Saturday only)) Chicken & ham pie and apple pie for Lunch on Saturday. No pizza. Chaos in some guise

Sunday arranged games
BANE organising an apoc game here: 40k-discussion/aos-march-event-apoc-t5078.html
mattjgilbert vs baragash 40K
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Re: AoS Event March 2011: Registration and Details

Postby mattjgilbert » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:53 am

Nearer the time, when we get a better idea of numbers and days people are attending I'll organise food on for the day of the tournament (lunch) as we did before. Last time, the guys also offered to have the chef stay on and do Pizza for us in the evening so I'll look into this too.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Ljundhammer » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:30 am

In.

Tournament yes. Saturday

AI yes. Sunday

Monday no (ATM)
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby Baragash » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:42 am

In for everything, would like to try AI, though I would probably choose Apoc ahead of it.

Matt, have you seen the IA9 Badab War Campaign system? It's dead simple, but if you wanted to layer in a rough storyline or story tree it would allow you to have certain scenarios played for continuity whilst everyone else played pick-up/apoc/AI/whatever games and still contributed to the campaign?

If not let me know and I'll post it up/PM it.
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby Stunty » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:18 pm

put my name down! :)
I'll do all 3 days, would like some apoc this time as i've never done it.. Would like to do the tourny too.. Will have to start building anti-DE lists ready for mr King ;)
Stunty
Destroyer
Destroyer

Postby mattjgilbert » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:32 pm

Jon's got the IA9 book so I'll borrow his for a gander. I take it you are all 3 days Sami?
Phil too?
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby KInG » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:49 pm

all 3 days for me at the moment... maybe even 4 ;) lol
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Red Devil » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:05 pm

mattjgilbert wrote:Jon's got the IA9 book so I'll borrow his for a gander. I take it you are all 3 days Sami?
Phil too?

I'm in for all 3 days. Sami has sorted us out the hotel deal. Almost a shame, the Hylands has had some interesting moments...
Red Devil
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Stunty » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:21 pm

KInG wrote:all 3 days for me at the moment... maybe even 4 ;) lol

if there's 4 days i'll do 4..
Stunty
Destroyer
Destroyer

Postby BANE » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:37 pm

I am in, all 3 days. Will play in the Tournie and the Apoc.
Matt just to follow up, sami made a good point last meet up to try and hold the apoc game on a day when WHW doesn't close at 6 allowing us to ensure we get to play to a conclusion (and make sure my termis get enough turns to actually save the day this time ;)) think this is the way to go if it doesn't create any problems elsewhere

P.s I will have the lasange :)
BANE
Captain
Captain

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby mattjgilbert » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:59 pm

I know that was the suggestion but we cannot have the tournament unfairly influenced by games from a previous day. The tournament should be autonomous so it needs to come first.

Of course, that doesn't stop people playing Apoc games on the Monday for longer and I'll include any results in the overall story :)

Will add you to the list now.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Ljundhammer » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:28 pm

Hmm, apoc on Monday - that might finish. Ponders...
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby mattjgilbert » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:34 pm

BANE wrote:P.s I will have the lasange :)

Me too! Fingers crossed they are doing it this time!
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby mattjgilbert » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:09 pm

I'm away for the weekend. I'll update the list with anyone else on Sunday evening.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Spack » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:56 pm

I can't confirm for sure yet, but I'll do my best to be there :)
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Next

Return to Events

Social Links