Merchandise

I find your lack of IA10 disturbing.

News and rumours

I find your lack of IA10 disturbing.

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Preview pages http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Badab2preview.html
INDEX!!!
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Badab2contents.html

includes Carcharodons..which has the internets in a rage (over whether they are the giant sharks that are chasing the red bene gesserit/tyranids towards us, or just plain whether another SM chapter was required).

Looks fairly fun so far. (no eldar though sorry eldar peeps)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: I find your lack of IA10 disturbing.

Postby Herne » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:33 pm

I hope its better than the previous one. Bought it and wasn't impressed - no where near as good as the others.The recent books have been excellent with the journalistic style of pictures using models and CG to create 'front line scenes' photographs, but theres very little of that in the first Badab one. Just tons of cartoons of space marines -*Yawn* Theres a few later in the book but thats it. Hope the next series after this one picks up again. So Eldar are on the way EVENTUALLY - when will they realise that what many people want is more of the esoteric stuff. OK so I won't mention squats as that's too un-PC and we all know theyre unlikely to ever go there again, but wheres the Necrons? Explore their technology and culture a bit. Why isn't there more for the Dark Eldar? Imagine the Gigeresque fun they could have with the Talos! Wheres the Adeptus Mechanicus? How about the Knights? Come on - GW gives us tons of space marines anyway! Lets have something fresh....
My Gallery: http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/Herne

Nightbringer wrote:I like Amy Winehouse` music, although she looks like a Whippet in a bin bag.... 8)
Herne
Occasional brush wielder
Sorceror

Medals: 10
Anvil's Hammer - 1st Place (1) Gold (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:11 pm

The selfish bit of me says gosh darn it but MEQ needs more stuff to make it interesting (as you sort of imply), the others are already interesting. I liked that there was stuff in IA9 that I could put onto a table (and GW was finally catering properly to its smurf toting fanboi base).
The reasoned part of me probably agrees its been a while since the IA updates wrapped up.That forgeworld isn't designed to satisfy the baying kiddy smurf tots. And they could really do with going outside the box.. (but they'll just spend 2 years making a new manta.. or an IA4 - which in my mind contains very little)
Then the tight part of me jumps up and reckons these serial ones, vraks and current could really all be put in one book and they put out other stuff much more regularly..but then they'd have to sculpt more as well.

Maybe a new IA Apoc book will be kind to you before this trilogy or whatever ends somewhere in the next decade. :D
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Baragash » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:56 pm

Eldar vs Space Wolves IA11. New Aspect Warriors in the latest FW Newsletter sent out today.

Me.. I love Badab, but then Black Legion and Red Corsairs were the first two 40k armies I had, and I went to the Badab War Campaign Weekend, which was a good laugh, so I have a soft spot.

EDIT: and as soon as the Astral Claws doo daas come out, I will finally do a C: SM army :)
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby Angelwing » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:39 am

killmaimburn wrote:includes Carcharodons..which has the internets in a rage (over whether they are the giant sharks that are chasing the red bene gesserit/tyranids towards us, or just plain whether another SM chapter was required).

Is this not a modern name for the space sharks space marine chapter?
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby Herne » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:19 pm

Carcharodon cluster of stars?
My Gallery: http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/Herne

Nightbringer wrote:I like Amy Winehouse` music, although she looks like a Whippet in a bin bag.... 8)
Herne
Occasional brush wielder
Sorceror

Medals: 10
Anvil's Hammer - 1st Place (1) Gold (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)

Postby Baragash » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:52 pm

It just went pre-order \o/
My Hobby Blog!
Gallery
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Postby Baragash » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:25 pm

Haven't read the fluff (blame Superman). Rules stuffs though:

SM Siege List:
  • Extra objective enemy deploys in their deployment zone - Siege army must hold it or can only draw game at best. Is there to balance the power of the list apparently.
  • Captain of the third company generic character adds CS with option for Prometheus DT, adds FC or TH to one squad, has artificier armour, signum and standard captain wargear options.
  • No bikes for characters and only Termies get DPs
  • Squad of 1-3 Siege/Ironclads are Troops -> FAQ required, text implies don't count towards Troops on FoC, but not stated.
  • Tac Squads can pay 50pts to not run or SA, but re-roll armour saves from shooting
  • Siege Assault Squads, Troops with CCW & BP and option for 2 specials weapons and other CC goodness, can re-roll SA rolls.
  • Assault Ram is in FA slot
  • Only other FA allowed is AS and Vanguard
  • No Scouts
  • Preds, WW and Vindis in squadrons
  • Achillies and Helios are only LR in HS

Characters:
  • Salamanders 2nd Co Captain - 2 swords duellist, choose to pass or fail Morale/pinning
  • Salamanders Ven Dread - WS6, FA 13, duel mode heavy flamer/meltagun, immune to extra dice/lance, auto hit each model in b2b in combat for S5 AP4
  • Mantis Warrior Chief Librarian - Infiltrate Chapter Tactics (if non-Termie/no DT), -1 enemy reserves, Inv save and re-roll 1 PT per turn, Mirage power causes night fighting/defensive grenades
  • Executioners High Chaplain - Captain stats, Stubborn Chapter Tactics, re-rolled failed saves from No Retreat, EW, Relic Blade not Crozius, 12" re-roll 1s to wound in CC bubble
  • Minotaurs Chaplain - JP, him and squad +2A when assaulting
  • Minotaurs Chapter Master - PE: SM Chapter Tactics (not CSM), TA, SS, Relic Blade with 1 shot S8 AP2, EW, Fearless, Assault Grenades
  • Carchadons Chapter Master - FC Chapter Tactics + Rage once they beat infantry in CC, 1 Termie Squad as Troops if all LC, anyone swap boltgun for CCW, once Rage (him only) PE: enemy army, Chainfist & LC can pull a Logan for choosing attacks
  • Exorcist 3rd Co Captain - MC TH that auto-wounds Daemons and Psykers, army re-rolls Pinning, FnP, 4+ nullify for him+his squad+vehicle he's in
  • Star Phantoms 9th Co Captain - Devs as Elites, 1 unit per turn within 6" gets +1 to damage vs vehicles/buildings
  • Sons of Medusa Master of the Forge - Fearless Chapter Tactics, S5 T6, TH, Devs modelled with bionics get FnP
Last edited by Baragash on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Hobby Blog!
Gallery
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Postby killmaimburn » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:16 am

Baragash wrote:[*]Star Phantoms 9th Co Captain - Devs as Elites, 1 unit per turn within 6" gets +1 to damage vs vehicles/buildings
[*]Sons of Medusa Master of the Forge - Fearless Chapter Tactics, S5 T6, TH, Devs modelled with bionics get FnP[/list]
DEvs based on smurfs... as in useless, or devs based on BA and wolf costing?
I like the idea of squadrons of predators.. although they won't rival hydras for awesomes.
I like the idea of squadrons of whirlwinds.. but they need a price drop..I'd use 2 of mine for 100points, not more.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Baragash » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:59 am

SM Codex
My Hobby Blog!
Gallery
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Postby killmaimburn » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Bahh, pile of rubbish, they might as well have made legion of the damned a troops choice.lol
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Return to 40K News & Rumours

Social Links