Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

2010 Quarter 4 Project Log For Everyone

For members to post long running threads about projects they are working on

Re: 2010 Quarter 4 Project Log For Everyone

Postby Angelwing » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:53 am

Cleaned and sprayed a forgeworld imperial guard scanner, and cleaned and first undercoated tyranid spore chimney.
Debating whether to convert up a dedicated crewman for the scanner. I don't really need to do it as I've only used all my guardswomen at once in one game so I've normally got a spare model about.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:57 am

I have been doing stuff, but I need to get a camera/ a friend who trusts me with a camera which has a good macro wide angle thingy. For some army wides and some individual shots.
Mrs bought me a tripod just before my camera carked it.
Trades
Basically Mr6 has sold up all my zoats and squigs nasty guard etc, a few guants (so I've decided to keep the rest..so tyranid force goes back to the attic.. a few other odds and sods.. enough to cover me getting the isle of blood stuff (minus pointy eared girly boys)from bane. a rhino, 3 drop pods an ironclad and a 2nd raider from cgra.
I've acquired a few more ork bits a few of angelwing's recommended tyranid spores, some flamers and meltas too
managed to get a 2nd a 4x25 compartment bitz filings and odds and sods draw set.
Previous buiness
Re 2nd quarter- I still haven't fixed (brought up to army painting specs)my 40 assault marines.
I have run out of magnets, and everyone around me snuck off and bought magnets the 2 seconds I wasn't saying "so who wants to share their humongous postage"every day at them.
2nd quarter other-Mr6 has started painting my wifes army.. of the 376 models he's now done 4 of the 12 deffkoptas (I told him to be less perfectionist)
Learning
I now know (thanks in great part to warseer peeps and LATD here) how to play 6th ed blood bowl. I'm starting to get the hang of my skaven who are all painted and appropriate apart from the rat ogre. (form Isle of blood). I'd like to bring up to speed my dark elfs..(painted the assassins already).
Learnt how to play smallworld (awesome game and cheap too, I suggest you get it as a stocking filler). played some rare archipelago games (one not so rare with greek gods on a small map, one bigger one based on roman gods which was better but apparently very hard to find in shops now)..Played an awesome card game based around "the thing".
Haven't read the fantasy rulebook.. but have the one stunty pointed out on my todo list.Haven't got round to reading up on warmachine yet. Aim to make that skaven thing with a bell ruffian style.. But will probably be too lazy (as its basically the same as when I was trying to make trebuchet basilisks for my latd list XX years back)
Leant the basics of aeronautica..but F%*&$ am I buying anything for it.
M+P
Assembled a rhino (needs basecoating when it gets above freezing)..Assembled some dreadnought arms.
Base coated and basic colour about 25 melta + flamer weapons.need attaching to arms, which need ataching to shoulder pads (cheers WLH :D) which then need me buying more magnets and attaching to current minis.

Summary- not much painting going on, but gosh I have an awful lot of minis sat around me now.Just as everyone else stops playing...(Mr 6 apparently will be back when he is allowed to work from home).
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby mattjgilbert » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:23 pm

Finally finished those marines. In my plog here: project-logs/matt-s-ultramarines-t1050-315.html#p53216

Not sure what I fancy starting next.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Angelwing » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:48 am

Gah. Hardly got anything done this quarter. I have almost finished the guard scanner, just the details on the control panel. I've also got all 75+ zombies to a halfway stage. The only thing I've actually finished is this:
ImageImageImage
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Postby estarriol » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:39 am

Bahhh and humbug, did ok for first half of the year then fell away badly. Well done all who didn't!
--
estarriol

See my buildings at: www.templebuilder.wordpress.com

Home of 6mm Miniatures and offbeat 28mm Fantasy goodness: www.rapierminiatures.co.uk
estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby mattjgilbert » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:01 pm

I'm the same as you estarriol, I faded badly at the end there. Let's hope for better in 2011!

@angelwing: very nice (and big!) terrain mate
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby timewizard » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:07 pm

Seconded the above (EDIT-including the praise for Anglewing's terrain!), got a few things done, but not nearly all that I had hoped for. :(
Waiting for the "2011 Q1 Project Log" to start! :lol:
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Angelwing » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:37 am

I was hoping to have everything done, but december is a busy month at work, and the zombies require a group painting session for me to have the will to finish them. I did get loads done in the first session, but I await another to finish them off. The scanner only needs the control panel buttons repainted and then basing. I'm going to try and find the time to squeeze this in before the new year. I've also rebuilt a space marine scout from some badly glued bits for a friends son.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:27 am

Nelson munce: ha ha you all suck!!
(not that I didn't suck in previous quarters, or that my lack of suckage doesn't stem from basically cheating by being under housearrest or anything).
I first did all the stuff listed in the post 6 up, then I took the "my everything" pics to keep up with that(that takes some time)..the kanz and meganobz have started pouring in now so expect the orks up soon as well (smug smiley).

Then did apocolypse inc making models from scratch
Then created web content spooky story
and started on a video batrep (although I'm STILL waiting on LH to tell me what was actually in his army)
Whilst also providing a translation and enquiry desk here to intermediate between the generation gap :lol: :lol: 8)
And lets not forget trolling is a art and takes effort too :twisted:
Angelwing wrote: but december is a busy month at work,
(follows joke mockery of the lightest order :D ) "waa waa.. I had to be employed (when everyone else wasn't) and when I wasn't at work I wasn't at work so got a break, wah wah".
I didn't get the chance to leave the house between 28th of November and December 24th and on the 2 occasions I did I had to carry a giant skaven plague bell.
House contents total during period; 3 weeks of chicken pox (under eyelids inside mouths and private bits and everything),3 weeks of V high temperatures (tiny fella started tripping balls) 2 sustained instances of filling buckets with vom (non drink related).5 weeks of strange throat thing/ cough for lily which whilst it hasn't gone to her chest has stopped her sleeping 1 night in 3, so I now only sleep 4 nights a week. I'm sat typing with a high temp, wooly head sleepdeprived and 30 hours clear of filling a bucket (other bit being tiny fella changing the majority colour of my carpet)having the only sustenance of 3 pints of water mixed with some salt since the afternoon of the 27th.
And I did stuff :P
Mr6 was off work through all december at his with influenza too, I was thinking of sitting on the floor of his bathroom with him and pretending we were in that sad bit in ET :lol: dude properly couldn't even answer his phone I thought he was dead., but he's not :)
(I hope that came across as funny/tragic rather than aggressive :wink: )
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Angelwing » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:12 am

killmaimburn wrote:
Angelwing wrote: but december is a busy month at work,
(follows joke mockery of the lightest order :D ) "waa waa.. I had to be employed (when everyone else wasn't) and when I wasn't at work I wasn't at work so got a break, wah wah".

Well I only did 60 hours this week, including a 34 hour shift over christmas and boxing day acting as nightwatchman. :wink:

Anyhow, whilst waiting for the washing machine to finish I finished off the scanner. Also included the rebuilt scout.

Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:43 am

Angelwing wrote:Well I only did 60 hours this week, including a 34 hour shift over christmas and boxing day acting as nightwatchman. :wink:
the Mrs did 65 hour week at her practice,she still classes that\pulls a wage as part time though :lol:
Scout cypher? Dual wield is long hand for cool. :)
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Baragash » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:26 pm

I should have listed "the loft" as my Q4 project. The first coat is nearly finished and the second coat should be done on Friday, just needs some green stuffing*, though it has bad mould lines** and the base won't be done***.

*Polyfilla in a few places
**It's a loft, the plastering and finish isn't perfect everywhere!
***Some cheap lino then it's all go to stick in some cheap kitchen cabinets with a gaming board on top :D (Q1 2011's project methinks)
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby Angelwing » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:02 am

killmaimburn wrote:Scout cypher? Dual wield is long hand for cool. :)

Well the owner had given him a plasma pistol (i'm not sure thats even a legal option for a scout sarge). In order to cover the basics I put the bolt pistol back. I had to chop off the badly mauled + glued right arm with p pistol, put back a boltpistol arm, kit bash a new left arm and move the p pistol over there, clean up the legs and torso best I could (waaay too much liquid poly used to stick it together) reattached the torso and legs, get rid of mold lines and try to bend the base back into shape.
Hopefully the owner should now have a codex legal scout squad.

To provide a clear picture, the owner is just starting out and has basically glued everything together with whatever looks cool, not necessarily whats codex legal. My job is to steer him this direction and sort his army into legal squads. He has a couple of tactical squads, a scout squad, an assault squad, a dreadnought and rhino and a selection of hq choices that I think have been kitbashed from tactical marines. The scout I rebuilt had been assembled, then chopped up for bits to kitbash etc leaving him with only 4 scouts. So job 1 was to find all the bits and get it back together.
On the plus side, his painting is already pretty good! 8)
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Postby killmaimburn » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:22 am

Angelwing wrote:Well the owner had given him a plasma pistol (i'm not sure thats even a legal option for a scout sarge).
it is, its just rubbish so you never see it, scout sarge can have a plas pistol, or (since you have both you might want to counts as a combi plas)
Also any 2 wolf scouts may have a plas pistol. :D
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Previous

Return to Project Logs

Social Links