Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

BA 1500,bloodhammer choice and up to 1750

Post your army lists here!

BA 1500,bloodhammer choice and up to 1750

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:11 pm

Bloodhammer with FA something at 1500.

I realised recently that I needed to swap my good old 1500 bloodhammer for something that could take out more landraiders and horde.So added hand flamers and FA slot stuff.

A

Code: Select all
librarian jump pack force weapon bolt pistol
Blood lance Shield of sanguinus --------------------125

2 Sanguinary Priests jump pack ---------------------150

Assault squad 10 man 2 melta power fist hand flamer-245

Assault squad 10 man 2 melta power fist hand flamer-245

Assault squad 10 man 2 melta power fist ------------235

Scouts in camo cloaks sniper rifles Missile launcher100
(Base holder)
Landspeeder tornado Heavy flamer Multimelta ---------70
Landspeeder tornado Heavy flamer Multimelta ---------70

Devastator squad 5 men 4 missiles signum------------130

B (drop missile from scouts swap tornados for attack bikes).

2 Sanguinary Priests jump pack ---------------------150

Assualt squad 10 man 2 melta power fist hand flamer-245

Assualt squad 10 man 2 melta power fist ------------235

Scouts in camo cloaks sniper rifles -----------------90

2MM attack bikes------------------------------------100
1MM attack bikes-------------------------------------50

Question 1 Which is better?

Upping it to 1750
From either, A
Add mephiston.

From 1a, B
add power weapons to the priests (and melta bombs to 1), a second clone librarian merge tornados into one squad, add 2 MM attack bikes drop scout missile launcher.
=1750
and looks like this

2 Sanguinary Priests jump pack power weapons,1meltaB185

Assualt squad 10 man 2 melta power fist ------------235

Scouts in camo cloaks sniper rifles -----------------90

2xLandspeeder tornado Heavy flamer Multimelta ------140
2xMM attack bikes-----------------------------------100

Views opinions much appreciated, if you want a run down of what each unit can do just ask.Although it might be blindingly obvious. :D
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: BA 1500,bloodhammer choice and up to 1750

Postby ruffian4 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:01 am

Looks like a bouncy castle to me.

Does it "run away" from itself as much as it looks?
Ie, 1 squad sits on objectives, some do a bit of sniping and the rest look like a big wandering blob, that bits fall off, on occasion???

I kind of like it (but, for me, army "symmetry" is like lager eyes).

How do the bangle area of effect abilities keep you blobbing up and hoping to make tons of saves, or does it all go tits up?
Wonder if signums would make a single lascannon worthwhile???

That's a [point, have I missed your apoc batrep, or are you still dawdling about???
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby mattjgilbert » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:23 am

I've not read the BA codex but I like the look of 1500 list B more. Attack bikes seem to be able to live longer than speeders.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Ljundhammer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:09 am

Agree, B looks better.

On B, is it worth splitting the MMABs to 3 single squads? Oh, and no priest to babysit the devestators & scrunts?

I think Ruffian's hit the nail on the head - it does look like 2 armies stuck together... I'm always wary of the killing power of an army being delivered primarily by the scoring units - SMurfs & IG do it well by having solid troops which aren't the be all & end all of the 'killing the enemy in the face' part of the game & can therefore go for objectives more easily. You also have very little stuff needed to contest objectives in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, it'll murder a load of stuff, but to do that you'll lose most of your scoring units & a clever opponent will ensure that his scoring units are held back so that they are left when the dust settles...

I think that's my beef with all this 'blood rodeo' type nonsense anyway.

To get to 1750, you know I'd always go for quantity over quality (even tothe point that 2 libbies at 1750 don't look necessary & more scrunts might serve you better), but Mephy is a bad mo fo!
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:41 am

No you haven't missed the batrep.Kids have only really been themselves since this monday.I'm hoping I can remember stuff (and I still need to get hold of ljundhammers list)

On B-its that immortal question, do I DS get kills(hoping for good DS), or do I play a hide and seek game and hope to bring my guns to bear before the things I need to be gone start hurting.Bikes do benefit from all the ven diagram bubble blob of course.
I avoided 3 single MMABs just because that could push me into 14 killpoints..although I am tempted.
Ljundhammer wrote: no priest to babysit the devestators & scrunts?
dropped one dev and the backyard guy for more direct fire ( a shuffle in the balance of the 2 armies)..my thinking was if people shoot them they are far away (long range weapons only) and looking to get passed a 3+ armour save so will be hitting them with stuff that ignores FNP (unless its some horrible guard MLHB chimera spam pile of excrement..which every person in the world has now.)
Ljundhammer wrote:I think Ruffian's hit the nail on the head - it does look like 2 armies stuck together.
Need to crack the egg and keep stuff static so I can dominate the mobility,It does suffer from the khorneyness of well how the hell do I get back if I don't table if I don't take the scouts.
But remember there are 7 troops choices there (well 6 I'd always keep one blobbed for ICs) the move to handflamers means I can have an effective combat unit and an effective anti tank unit.I might even consider swapping handflamer for infenus pistol (melta with short range) and 1 melta for a flamer, so I could have sarge with melta fist and melta take on tanks, whilst 5 man flamer goes for troops? It just seems a bit of a waste if I need to deepstrike them 5man fist double melta is a bit expesnive for distraction tank popper?
OPINIONS? (both are same points)
Ljundhammer wrote:I think that's my beef with all this 'blood rodeo' type nonsense anyway.
This isn't blood rodeo, blood rodeo is just one big phalanx of combat squaded bikes with assault marines behind them, no ranged sit backs.
Ljundhammer wrote:To get to 1750, you know I'd always go for quantity over quality (even tothe point that 2 libbies at 1750 don't look necessary & more scrunts might serve you better), but Mephy is a bad mo fo!
Its a hard call, UK games, having something that can walk through 2 carnifexs easily (saving troops) is more important than str5 ignoring saves...I can see each being better against different opponents.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Ljundhammer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:08 pm

killmaimburn wrote:Need to crack the egg and keep stuff static so I can dominate the mobility,It does suffer from the khorneyness of well how the hell do I get back if I don't table if I don't take the scouts.
But remember there are 7 troops choices there (well 6 I'd always keep one blobbed for ICs) the move to handflamers means I can have an effective combat unit and an effective anti tank unit.I might even consider swapping handflamer for infenus pistol (melta with short range) and 1 melta for a flamer, so I could have sarge with melta fist and melta take on tanks, whilst 5 man flamer goes for troops? It just seems a bit of a waste if I need to deepstrike them 5man fist double melta is a bit expesnive for distraction tank popper?
OPINIONS? (both are same points)

I can see the point of trying to hamper mobility, but with 2 units firing on turn 1, most armies will be near where they want to be anyway, meaning that the Meltas will only be going after static guns & LRs on turn 2+, which is reasonable is suppose.

It's not really 7 troops choices, because to have an effective charge at anything actualy worth killing you'll need more than 5 guys to either wipe of the squad or cripple it. Anything that stays back (or stops short of assault) to take objectives is seriously hampering your army's killing power.

Personally, I'd say if you're going down that route, dump the devestators & just take more assault troops. Or take a couple of Baals with TL donkey guns which can move 12", have arguably the same devestation against transport vehicles as the devestators, have roughly the same range (36" assault cannons v's 48" missiles) & you can hide behind them with your assault troops.

Having a half hearted approach to long range/assault with no midfield backup to either looks like the weakness to the army. If you want to do either well you'll either need to go balls out, or go for midfield back up to your prefered option. Given your aggresive playstyle, I'g go for full on assault with fast melta & guns backing them up.

But that's just my observations from seeing similar armies of yours in action.

killmaimburn wrote:
Ljundhammer wrote:I think that's my beef with all this 'blood rodeo' type nonsense anyway.
This isn't blood rodeo, blood rodeo is just one big phalanx of combat squaded bikes with assault marines behind them, no ranged sit backs.

I know, I just say it to wind you up. That said, I think the Blood Rodeo is more viable, as I've stated above.

killmaimburn wrote:Its a hard call, UK games, having something that can walk through 2 carnifexs easily (saving troops) is more important than str5 ignoring saves...I can see each being better against different opponents.

Personally, I think I'd be more worried about Mephiston, but that's because my current armies have no psychic defense, meaning he's free to massacre everything. He'd take a lot of heat off your assault squad too...
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:49 pm

Me and LH are having a slagging match over lists at the mo.. The only way to settle this..?
FIGHT
I'll do a quick batrep of how I school this fool him and his "rhinos to dominate the midfield"( :5dunce) malarky.
(his list is this with modifications listed over the 2 pages that follow)

THE GAME HAS CHANGED
(damned can't embed flash tunes, click here for effect)

I'll be like HAGAR ripping it up..
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Ljundhammer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:28 pm

OOOOh, it's on:

Space Marines 1500:

HQ: Librarian - 100 points
Librarian - NZ, Avenger

Troop 1: Tactical squad - 220 points
Tacticals x 10 - combi-flamer, melta gun, missile launcher, rhino

Troop 2: Tactical squad - 220 points
Tacticals x 10 - combi-flamer, melta gun, missile launcher, rhino

Elite 1: Terminators - 470 points
Terminators x 10 - 2 x CML, 2 x chainfist

Elite 2: Dreadnaught - 125 points
Dreadnought - 2 x TLAC

Elite 3: Dreadnaught - 125 points
Dreadnought - 2 x TLAC

Fast 1: Landspeeder - 70 points
Landspeeder - MM, HF

Fast 2: Landspeeder - 70 points
Landspeeder - MM, HF

Fast 3: Attack bikes - 100 points
Attack bikes x 2 - 2 x MM

Total 1500

Still trying to work out a way to get lascannons in this, so it may change...
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links