Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Dark Eldar Armies

Discussion of anything 40K related

Re: Dark Eldar Armies

Postby ruffian4 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:13 pm

I the mighty King not King Conquering all before him then?
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby Stunty » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:43 pm

Nightbringer wrote:I got my grubbers on a couple of White Dwarf issues. One battle versus the Imperial guard and they murdered them horribly.....and the most recent one against the new Blood angels which finished in a draw.

I wouldnt pay too much attention to WD battle reports.. the most recent one the blood angels have pretty much only dreads and storm raven surviving, that must mean they are really good units, I'll have to get some I just hope they make models for them.. Oh wow thats lucky theyve just been released!
the other thing is the report was a draw.. that was handy since both armies are in the spotlight at the minute.. if DE had of lost the kids might think twice about buying them and same with BA..
just my take on WD reports :)
Stunty
Destroyer
Destroyer

Postby timewizard » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:47 pm

Out of curiousity, what was the DE force list in the WD batrep?
Wondering if they fielded any models that haven't been released yet.
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Stunty » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:02 pm

just released models..
I would post the list but dunno if its allowed?
Stunty
Destroyer
Destroyer

Postby KInG » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:43 am

I agree with stunty. The battle reports should be taken with a pinch of salt.
And yes ruffian, I'm struggling. Having said that I did draw tonight and would have won comfortably if on last turn I hadn't rolled a 1 for a move onto objective when needing a 3 and on their objective, not rolled a 10 when needing a 9 to stay there.
Generally though I'm finding that the effective lists are KP heavy and if u reduce those units for that mission u then aren't as mobile and damage taken is more crippling. The webway portal is out of favour at present as it relies too heavily on the luck of the dice for when reserves come on. At best one portal and leave only helions in reserve with he baron. He's proving invaluable as anti tank !!! And for +1 to who goes 1st.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Nightbringer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:12 pm

timewizard wrote:Out of curiousity, what was the DE force list in the WD batrep?
Wondering if they fielded any models that haven't been released yet.

Lelith Hesperax 175 points
Archon 180 points

6 incubi with Raider (Dark lance) 192 points

9 Kabalite warriors with Blaster and Sybarite with Blast pistol
and power weapon with Raider ( Disintegrator cannon) 196 points

10 Kabalite warriors with Dark lance, Shredder and Sybarite with Agoniser
150 points
10 Wyches with Haywire grenades, Shardnet and Impaler, Hydra gauntlets
and Hekatrix with Power weapon. 160 points

10 Wyches with Razorflails and Hekatrix with Agoniser and Blast pistol 155 points

9 Hellions, Helliarch with Agoniser 169 points
6 Reavers with heat lance and Blaster 159 points

Ravager with 3 Dark lances 105 points
Ravager with 3 Disintegrator cannons. 195 points

Total: 1746 pts

All pretty much stuff that`s out there already.
"......Will everyone stop getting shot!....."

Nightbringer
Immortal
Immortal

Postby Nightbringer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:16 pm

Ooops, maybe I`m not allowed to post the list??
"......Will everyone stop getting shot!....."

Nightbringer
Immortal
Immortal

Postby timewizard » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:01 pm

No, that's cool. SImilar to posting your own list, just so long as you don't post points for each upgrade, just for the unit.
Curious how well the Wyches got into combat without neither a raider of their own nor a web way portal.
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby Stunty » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:47 am

archon had a portal
Stunty
Destroyer
Destroyer

Postby KInG » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:07 pm

Hope so for 180.

That's alot of points in HQs there Lloyd.

Here's my current list as a comparesion:

Baron (105)
7 Hellions - agoniser (137)
Hermonculi - WWP, liquifier gun (95)
10 Wracks - liquifier gun x2, agoniser, raider [dl, ea] (215)
10 Kalabite Warriors - blaster, dark lance, agoniser (160)
8 Wyches - hydra gauntlets, haywire grens, blast pistol, agoniser, raider [dl, ea] (216)
8 Wyches - hydra gauntlets, haywire grens, blast pistol, agoniser, raider [dl, ea] (216)
7 Incubi - demiklaives, raider [dl, ea] (254)
Ravager - 3x disintegrators, night shields, retro engines (120)
Ravager - 3x disintegrators, night shields (115)
Ravager - 3x dark lances night shields (115)

1748pts

Key points:

Baron gives hellions attack and defence grenades.
Also rerolls on dangerous terrain, hit and run and how far they move on hit and run.
Hermoculi gives fnp to either my holding unit ( kalabites ) in objective games, or Wyches / incubi in KP games.
EA : enhanced aethersails - extra 2D6 extra move &
RE : retrofire engines - deep strike

Both these vehicle upgrades allow my army to survive DE's biggest nightmare; going 2nd.
Baron also helps with this also by adding +1 to roll off. And another thing I've noticed about the Baron. He's ace at killing armour: 6 attacks on the charge S6!
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm not very up on dark eldar..
I don't know why you'd put RE on ravager.. if it deepstrikes you can't fire 2 of those dark lances.. and dark lance range is best spammed from a far board edge, where you should be able to use cover decently. if you are deepstriking close why take nightshields.
Vaguely- I'd take more flickerfields and less other equipment on the ships..but I don't play dark eldar.

I like the wracks with liquefier guns, I've seen other configs thought the unit was rubbish.. yours is much better.

I have a low opinion of kabalites.. they are yet to do anything that worries me, I seem to see less blog types mention them now too..so they suck?

You've made 2 wychs cost 110 points? Why not drop one of its features, either the melta or the sludgey weapon.. I mean if you drop the 4+ power weapon down to a 2+ regular.. and the sails you can make that 10 man.(unlock that one that takes away all your enemies attacks for the next round?)
Unless you've worked out a way to put FNP token into the wychs at the start,bodies would help over 60 point snipe-ables.

KInG wrote: Hermonculi - WWP, liquifier gun (95)
10 Wracks - liquifier gun x2, agoniser, raider [dl, ea] (215)

Oh I see does the hermonculi go with the wychs to give his pain token? And he makes wracks troops.
Webway portal? Just the one?
Reasonable I guess?
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby timewizard » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:51 pm

killmaimburn wrote:I'm not very up on dark eldar..
I don't know why you'd put RE on ravager.. if it deepstrikes you can't fire 2 of those dark lances..

Ravagers have the Aerial Assault special rule. They can move at cruising speed and fire all weapons.
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby KInG » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:40 pm

That is correct. But u are right Toby the one DSing might be best off with FField rather than NShields.

Yes, Hermonculus makes wracks troops and Baron makes Hellions troops. I forgot also gives Hellions Stealth USR. Not bad for 105points I think.

Didn't follow the wych appraisal too well though, but i reduced the wyches to be able to add hermoculus if cover is slim and wyches need to expose themselves. I place the one with the Hermoc' in front and then place the ones without behind for a cover save.

Kalabites are a bit crap, mainly for fire support/objective holding. Stand a Hermoc' with them in cover they last a long time. Especially as the enemy are usually fighting off the rest of ur army.

This list has 5 troops choices
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:58 am

KInG wrote: i reduced the wyches, if cover is slim, wyches need to expose themselves.

RUFFIAN!!!!!!!!!!!! :oldfist :oldfist :oldfist :oldfist

So your heamonculi either makes the wychs safe, or makese the kabalites sit at the back slightly longer...Your not going to be able to do both in the same game, ditch the kabalites..if they need to make your wychs vulnerable they are worse than nothing IMO.
On wychs (struggles to think of simple words, but also keep it brief enough for you to bother reading)..I'm saying would you bother to make a tactical squad sergeant cost 80 points? Because proportionately thats what you've done here. yes it covers several bases, but (especially the unit that won't have the haemonc in) should have more bodies over bling.
However as I say too many pages to catchup I can't comment properly on nids lists either.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby KInG » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:18 am

Wych 10 pts, upgrade to sgt. 10pts, give agoniser 20pts, and blast pistol 15pts.

Total 55pts.

Only thing I'd consider dropping there is blast pistol. Without agoniser Wyches are very ineffective. Hard for them to kill at S3 as it is.

Btw, your right about the kalabites. Well maybe right. They are the one unit I have my eye on over the next few games. I may ditch them in the near future. We'll see how they get on.
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

PreviousNext

Return to 40K Discussion

Social Links