Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Codex Chaos Marines Reimaged - Draft 1 up

For discussing new rules and changes to the current rules, such as new homebrew datasheets for Apocalypse

Re: Codex Chaos Marines Reimaged

Postby Baragash » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Well it's not really demonstrated in this part, I've just done the HQ section and accompanying new/replacement rules :)

I've totally changed the way Greater Daemons work, which might act as an incentive to pack the Chaos Lord...... interested to know what people think about that one :?
Attachments
Codex_Astartes_Chaos_Space_Marines_Draft_0.1.pdf
(122.15 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Re: Codex Chaos Marines Reimaged

Postby Baragash » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Well, finally here's draft 1......
Attachments
Codex_Astartes_Chaos_Space_Marines_1.0.pdf
(176.13 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
My Hobby Blog!
Gallery
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Re: Codex Chaos Marines Reimaged - Draft 1 up

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:27 am

Reading as I type :D
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Baragash » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:49 pm

killmaimburn wrote:Reading as I type :D

Did I stun you into silence by writing a perfect Codex at the first attempt, or one so bad you're lost for words? ;)
My Hobby Blog!
Gallery
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:44 am

Actually not far off, your system of 2 traits 1 for leadership 1 for style of aggression I wanted to find a way to pick on....and couldn't. About the closest I came was risk/reward of fabius vs the USRs and Hestans available to the others.. suggest taking a leaf out of 3.5 and saying that 2-5 is +2 str +1 int, 6 is +2str +1 I +1 A (and still dies off due to overheat as per 4/5thth ed).

Like dantes inferno the first 2 pages blew my mind and I couldn't see passed them.

"Models with this rule have the Infiltrate USR. Veteran Chaos Space Marines have the Scout
USR" is that Vets ALSO have scout, or have scout instead?
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Baragash » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks for going through all those pages :D

Well "Hestan" I can just up the points in the DW specific options, which I probably should as I just priced it at BA equivalent unit cost and didn't charge for the twin-linked (though I'd charge it at only 5pts as they do lose the PE: Imperium ability).

I'll look at the old FB table, ta.

Well Veterans have Infiltrate for being Veterans not through Face of Chaos, so I think the RAW is pretty clear, but I'll re-word it so people skim-reading it don't make the wrong assumption. :)

Bleh, I found one typo, the Warmonger has S4 instead of 6 :( Orbital Bombardment isn't in the ranged weapons section and I should have added the Steel Brethren EA under the appropriate vehicle Wargear.
My Hobby Blog!
Gallery
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:54 am

Baragash wrote:re-word it so people skim-reading it don't make the wrong assumption. :).
Sarky fella ain't ya. :P

Here you go.
Greater demon has "divine protection" in wargear listed as a 5++ ahh because his points have dropped down and can insta spawn on death..I quite like that.
I'd like to see some of the named lords get access to ascension...not abaddon (he ascends so high he'd just crush the system)...but the word bearers dude etc.. should be gifted at the time of their ultimate sacrifice.
Taking away the shell game of "where is he gonna turn up" is a big downside though..I'd almost consider that to absorb the points drop in terms of lessoning tactical flexibility.

Terror tactics "suffers a -1 modifier on their Morale test for losing combat." suggest this is altered to something that can actually effect 90% of guardsman..don't know how but surely the worst nightmare terrors in the imperium must find a way around stubborn spam.
Might be handy to ada a bit in psychic duel about meeting runes of warding etc.
"Auto-targeting System:" So it has no effect on kustom force fields etc..
"Warrior of Ancient Days:" I still reckon venerable would actually be worth it if the dice were rolled like eldar..together and pick one.But I guess that is a paradimn shift in all dreads...Are chaso dreadnoughts older than imperial ones?more venerable?
160 for a winged deamon prince with a good hood.... .... A.... I can't decide whether thats good or terrible I keep flicking back and forth.
120 points for a lord who makes termies troops..cheapest "wing" available.

no deamonic possession option for the dread and no description in the wargear.

Don't get why I'd want the werekin, if I don't take any upgrades then for 10 points I get a guy with basic stats+1 str. If he's something you want to push on the cheap min squad guy, make it free (like a free champion elsewhere) if he's meant to mean something ( like the trickster or telion etc) then give him some decent kit for the 10 points (rending, +2 for charging).

Was it deliberate that you dropped the plas pistols off the beserkers..Gosh I wish they had melta guns.
Are the thousand sons spells free? thats quite a price drop on BOC in minned squads.. I mean I like it ..but did you really mean to not have it tiered?(like lascannons etc)

Wouldn't it make sense for the alpha legion operative in a cultist unit have access to the demagogue ability (its only a combat modifier..but its fluffy).
I'd like the agitator to have something more than a grenade, maybe the option to buy a close combat weapon thats +1 to strength or something?
They all have 2CCWs?..nice
Unit cost (50)/squad size (10)=5 and that includes a better statline for the agitator, why make more gribblies cost 6 points each? that said 90 points for 21 men ld9 2ccws is a V good deal. (same as 15 orks,23 conscripts)

How does combat squads relate to 20 man squads.
I'd still like for each 5 man to unlock something.. so 20 raptors get access to 4 special weapons?

For normal codex points the defiler gets AV13 AND parasitic thrown in? I mean yes a helping hand but one or the other surely for that much.
I admit we don't deserve crusader and battle wagons that actually synergise with our force but I really struggle to work out who would take a flagship vehicle that could have the default 10 man + the command er of the force (general codex chaos gripe)
Don't know about stalkfiends or flying stuff so can't really comment.

Do dirge casters and blasphemous runes stack -2 ld? can I take a predator for 75 points that just push the enemy off the board?

Fell into rules trap about those F&*%^(* dreadclaws
"Assault Pod: Dreadclaws are always held in Reserve and deployed by Deep Strike. A Dreadclaw is Immobilised if
it lands in Difficult Terrain."
unit entry "Unit Type • Vehicle - Immobile"
So which is it, is it a lander if so where are the rules for it moving again, if its not then its immobilsied on landing and the other wording confuses the issue about wether with drop opds a 1 in dangerous terrain leads to them losing their weapon. Nt your fault I have yet to see GW/forgeworld ever publish a set of rules on it that make sense.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Baragash » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:04 pm

That wasn't sarcasm, IMO skim-reading is a genuine concern if it's easy to make something clearer/less ambiguous :)

Well Ascension is linked to the Lord because the basic Lord still suffers from not having a "gimmick" in comparison to other HQ choices (much like SM/BA Captains do), I'm open to other options (the idea was inspired by Storm of Iron.

Perhaps Terror Tactics negates Stubborn? (price hike)

Psychic Duel is a power so it would be affected like any other, so you're attempt to "nullify" could be nullified first. Are you saying this should be spelled out?

Auto-targeting system is an anti-aircraft rule taken straight from the IG Hydra because the current version of the plane has it's autocannons as AA weapons, so it's doing what it's meant to.

I could change the Dread damage rules, I'm working on a SM one at the moment so I could make them consistent.

Well the DP points were based on my perception that the CSM one is too much of a no brainer, but DoC got a bit stiffed, so I pitched at a half-way house.

I'll review termie Lord points vs Belial.

I haven't described any wargear that's the same as current, will add DP to the Dread.

Werekin does have Rending already...? (or did I miss it off the Chosen entry?)

No plasma on Zerks is a mistake, possibly an argument for melta pistols rather than meltaguns.

Trend is for Powers to be a choice, not bought now, BoC is not complementary to the weapons carried by the rest of an already expensive squad, so I don't think it's that good a deal. Will check Aspiring Sorcerer points for change.

I don't really see Alpha Legion as religious icons in the eyes of cultists, given they are "atheists", and they already get a good Ld bonus for having them. IG squad was the basis of justifying the 50 point tag, I'd say a human gribbly at 6 points is over-priced (FW keep doing this :( )

Good spot on Combat Squads >10. Not sure about 1 per 5, GW and FW seem to be comfortable doing it with humans but not MEQ. Maybe.

Defiler I kept mucking around with so points might not reflect all the changes I made.

Transport capacity is IMO a failure of the main rules and would personally suggest using the old Chapter Approved change that the first IC isn't counted against the capacity.

Dirge Caster/Rune is edition boo-boo, the Rune used to do what the Caster does but I was reading 3.5 Ed at the time and forgot they switch :oops:

Arrrgh! And I had the Dreadclaw rules and FAQ open :banghead

Many thanks for taking the time :D
My Hobby Blog!
Gallery
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror