Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

My Collection - Fallshirmjager and German Armour

6.45pm Monday - Downley community centre, School close, Downley HP13 5TR

Moderators: BigJim, Jimster

My Collection - Fallshirmjager and German Armour

Postby DaBoss » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Been busy since before Xmas painting Flames Of War stuff, had been planning on finishing my Early War French Army but when I got hold of 3 King Tigers and a Tiger 1 E box set, I decided to see if I could do them justice.

Then I booked myself a ticket for the Corrivalry tournament for Feb 2011 and realised I didn't have a fully painted force to use - so many weekends (and weekdays) - I've now got a painted Fallshirmjagerkompanie and Yes to all those guys at Armageddon Inc, I can confirm that I've painted over 95% of the models myself.

Really enjoying painting FoW - it's a bit more forgiving than WH40K (though I know a few people who are absolute artists at painting at 15mm).

Well please enjoy the PDF - finding this an easier medium to compile than having to upload and then find url for each image.

Tell me what you think.

FOW German Collection.pdf
(971.87 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

PS. Love to see some other peoples models?

Cheers,
DaBoss (Phil)
DaBoss
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Blog: View Blog (43)

Re: My Collection - Fallshirmjager and German Armour

Postby da_grot » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:09 am

Very Nice.

Strong consistent looking force. What makes a good flames force in my opinion.

Makes me want to make a start with my Russians.

If only they weren't way down on my to do list :(
My Gallery: gallery/da_grot
da_grot
Dead Boy
Slugga Boy

Postby Herne » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:00 am

Very nice pal. I'm not much of a one for FOW, but I do like the models. Your force looks great. Question: Is there a 'uniform' reason the tanks all have slightly different paint schemes, or is that purely a gamers choice thing to tell them apart at a distance? Either way they look great.
My Gallery: http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/Herne

Nightbringer wrote:I like Amy Winehouse` music, although she looks like a Whippet in a bin bag.... 8)
Herne
Occasional brush wielder
Sorceror

Medals: 10
Anvil's Hammer - 1st Place (1) Gold (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)

Postby KInG » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:54 am

very nice phil... looking really good. maybe some tufts on the base infantry bases to really set them off.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby DaBoss » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Herne wrote:Question: Is there a 'uniform' reason the tanks all have slightly different paint schemes, or is that purely a gamers choice thing to tell them apart at a distance? Either way they look great.

Looking into the history of the German Armour, most German Tanks came out of the Factory in Dunkelgreb colour (Greenish Yellow or FoW Middlestone colour). The different Army Units would then add the Camo to the tank.
So depending on the battle front and the particular Army Group - they would have different schemes.
As the war progressed Ad-hoc Kampfgroups would suck in different unit formations, so you could end up a very eclectic mix of camo's.

Whereas the Allies Armour had very specific base colouring and minimal camo.

So really up to Collectors preference.
DaBoss
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Blog: View Blog (43)

Postby cgra1 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Very nice mate, I also spent time getting my British infantry finished, and I’m a better man for it I can tell you, there something really satisfying about getting the 15mm stuff finished.
cgra1

Return to Armageddon Inc

Social Links