Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

2000 Points Dark Angel Army List

Post your army lists here!

2000 Points Dark Angel Army List

Postby RotweillerofJustice » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:06 pm

Hello chaps.

I am going to be playing my friend Tammy again in March. She will be fielding her Orks again and I thought I would like to try a decent sized DA army for a change.

Below is the list I have chosen. As I an essentially facing a horde army I wanted to make sure that I had enough fire power deal with it before it gets into contact with me. I will be using a static line defence and let her come onto to my army. Included will be two full squads of Assault Troops and a squad of Terminators. I will leave the termies in reserve and teleport them into battle where needed.
I have loaded up on bolters and heavy bolters with a razorback and Dreadnought fielding lascannon for anti armour and a Predator Destructor again for weight of fire. A devastator squad with 4 heavy bolters is also included in the list.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

HQ
Captain with power sword 115
Chaplin in Terminator Armour 145

Elites
Terminator Squad, Heavy Flamer, Chain Fist 225
Dreadnought, Twinlinked Las Cannon, Missle Launcher 155

Troops
1st Squad, Flamer, Missile Launcher 180
2nd Squad, Flamer, Heavy Bolter 180

Fast Attack
7th Assault, power fist, combat shield, plasma pistol 285
8th Assault, power weapon, 2 x plasma pistol 280

Heavy Support
9th Devastators, power fist, 4 x Heavy Bolters 230
Predator Destructor, Heavy Bolter Sponsons 95

Transport
Razorback, Twinlinked Las Cannons 80
Rhino 35

I think that it is a fairly balanced army considering what it is that I will be facing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ANd if I have added all this up wrong please let me know :-)
RotweillerofJustice
Shas'ui
Shas'ui

Medals: 6
Silver (1) Painting Entrant (5)

Re: 2000 Points Dark Angel Army List

Postby KInG » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:21 pm

only thing I would have changed inlight of my foe would be the assault dudes. I would have given them flamers.

apart from that you should be able to put enough shots out easily.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Ljundhammer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Simplest thing to do is dump the captain - he's pretty pointless!

In his place put in Belail - he'll make your DeathWing scoring - much better! You'll need to drop a few points, but there's a bit of fat in there - the PF on the devs looks a bit odd, and the plasma pistols are kind of burning points.

I take it you asren't expecting Land Raiders Battlewagons as you have 2 ranged weapons (3 with the chainfist) capable of pentrating one?
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:34 pm

RotweillerofJustice wrote:Heavy Support
9th Devastators, power fist, 4 x Heavy Bolters 230
Can we double check points on stuff ? I have 90+75+60+25=250
I'd drop the fist and ablative wounds (5 man 4 Hbolters) and take a second squad myself..
Or better a couple of heavy bolter typhoon launcher speeders (75 each), fires 2 small blasts and a heavy bolter and can still move 6,. (2 put together is 4 missiles exactly like a dev squad, but with skimmer last turn itus, and blocking skills enabled+ move and shoot)
If DA why are you not taking stuff either bounced up by the FAQ or the charectors to add more troops, your missing all the stuff that makes it an acceptable codex ;)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby RotweillerofJustice » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:38 pm

Nige.
Can the DA Assault squads take Flamers? I didn't see it in the codex.

Ljundy
See where you are coming from on the captain. Can easilt change him for belial and ditch the Rhino as it was only taken to use up all the points.

The asault squads have the plasma pistols to try and even them out for any eventuality. That way if they come up against a character I have a chance of hopefully knocking a wound or two off.
Can you explain the PF on Devs looks a bit odd. I not sure what you mean.

Termies are again balanced to be able to tackle any foe but taking into acount i'm facing orks.
RotweillerofJustice
Shas'ui
Shas'ui

Postby Ljundhammer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:45 pm

Not convinced reducing your mobility is a good idea. I'd keep the transports (infact I'd rather drop the razor to a rhino thand drop the rhino) - drive by shooting orks with & flamer & double tap bolters will not go down well with the green skins.

Terminators could work, but I doubt that you'l get to use the flsmer - you're much slower than them as they get to WAAAH to avoid the flamer - with a transport (see above) they can't do that.

PF in a devestator squad is a waste, you should be s far away that they can't get you & if they get into combat with the devestators, you're in enough of a pickle that powerfist won't save you.

Oh, and I agree with KMB! If you can get an apothecary into the DW squad then orks are going to have rough time taking them down...
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby RotweillerofJustice » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:47 pm

killmaimburn wrote:
Can we double check points on stuff ? I have 90+75+60+25=250
;)[/quote]

You are right
My maths was never my strong point
250 it is.
RotweillerofJustice
Shas'ui
Shas'ui

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Did you know combat shields now only grant a 6++ but still cost the same.. they are about the only thing NERFED by the update.
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... on_1_1.pdf

Do you have a shed load of other models we can swap around with, because at the moment, I hope I'm not being too forward, but its really a 5 out of 10, because stuff has moved on rather dramatically. :)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby RotweillerofJustice » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:03 pm

killmaimburn wrote:Did you know combat shields now only grant a 6++ but still cost the same.. they are about the only thing NERFED by the update.
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... on_1_1.pdf

Do you have a shed load of other models we can swap around with, because at the moment, I hope I'm not being too forward, but its really a 5 out of 10, because stuff has moved on rather dramatically. :)

Didn't know that about the combat shields. I don't have any other Assault models but have plenty of everything else. I had also thought about trying out a Deathwing and Ravenwing combined army just for the fun of it.
RotweillerofJustice
Shas'ui
Shas'ui

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:09 pm

(puts on austin powers voice) DA isn't my bag baby, thats LHs thing.
DA stuff
But to summarise 5 weeks of web hubbub, take cyclone missile launchers+typhoons and storm shields where easily available. remove combat shields.

General smurfy thing try to avoid having too many points invested in tacticals.
Fast melta and flamer is what 5th ed is about, although now with guard and DE its also about mass str7/str8 multiple unit firing platforms again.
IF you decide agaisnt death wing/raven wing/doublewing..I'll make some stuff up using a different codex for you to see what can be done with the new stuff using your models :D
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Ljundhammer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:11 pm

How very dare you! I'm afraid I only know about DeathWing, I've never looked at any of the other entries in the codex 8)
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby RotweillerofJustice » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:30 pm

TBH. My biggest concern about facing Tammy is the ammount of Orks she can put on the table. I don't want to be left being swamped by a bigger unit on a 5 man SM team. If you can see what I mean. I know she has a unit of Storm boys and she loves to play them in deepstrike where she can. hence reason for 10 man dev squad. Don't want her dropping in right behind me and then wiping me out cos I didn't have enough men to repel her attack.

HAd experience of losing skimmers in the past which is why I left them out of this list. A lucky shot on one that has moved flat out can bring it down and out of the game.

I know that last time I faced her I used Tau and pretty much wiped the table with them as she took too many dreads. They were easy to knock out with my broadsides that I had placed in opposite corners to give a good enfilade firing position. I don't think she is going to make the same mistake twice.

I know she is also thinking of reducing her boys squads in size so she can take wagons and put the boys in them. ANd I also know she has Ghazghul.

So as I said in my first post. My thinking is to have a static line and let her come to me. Give me the optimum amount of shoting with the tacs and devs and use the assault boys to possibly flank on smaller units that they could easily mop up or deal with characters. The termies are there for a tactical response to any surprises. I hope t teleport them in behind what I am wanting to attack and deal with it. Hence the chain fist and the flamer. Gives me options.

I will take Belial. Can someone appraise me of the rules for deep striking him, my chaplin and the termie squad. They won't all be able to arrive together will they??
RotweillerofJustice
Shas'ui
Shas'ui

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:33 pm

Thats LHs territory,
as I said, a different codex, if your not winging it...

ok as blood angels , but not changing any models (really)
HQ-275
Captain power swd 115
**Chaplin TDA 160

Elite-365

5 termies 1 HF 1 chainfist=210
*dreadnought as CC monster

Troops choices 950

10 man assualt squad 2 plas pistols 1 power weapon-235
10 man assualt squad 1 plas pistol powerfist combat shield=235
tactical squads cost vaguely the same, 10 points less for each actuall squad, but the vehicles are more expensive as they are classed as fast..so slightly nudge up the points.
Missile flamer rhino is 220
Heavy bolter flamer razorback with TL LAS si 260 (instead of oh 260.. thats weird humph).

Heavys 340
5 man dev squad with 3 missiles/heavy bolters-120
5 man dev squad with 3 missiles/heavy bolters-120 (thats same bodies 2 more heavy weapons for 10 points less).

predator autocannon heavy bolter goes up (gosh) to 100, but can move and fire all weapons because its now classed as fast.

1930 off top of my head.2 more full scoring units

70points under as listed (buy a priest :D)

MISC

*Dread could be 140 with las can missile. but thats 4 heavy support slots so you need to make a choice..You could instead take a furiso dreadnought (elites) front armour 13, everything wounded by str 6 lightning claws gives you more attacks (can kill a boyz squad in 2 turns if it gets there).and thats 155 (same as you pay at the moment)

**About the only thing that shoots up is the chaplin with termie armour (who becomes 160).. but instead of him, I'd get some priests (giving your whole army feel no pain and furious charge) and a librarian (cover saves everywhere and whole unit gets preferred enemy (not just on charge).1 of each for the same cost.
Last edited by killmaimburn on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Ljundhammer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:34 pm

It's an optomistic stratagy, you'll have to let me know how it goes.

As for Belail & IC - you can joint them to a squad in reserves & they will arrive together in deepstrike as a single unit. You can DWA them too as there's only one squad...
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby RotweillerofJustice » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:41 pm

And just so you know. the game will be anihalation. :-)

It will also be the day after her birthday so I really do want to hand her backside back to her on a plate. lol
RotweillerofJustice
Shas'ui
Shas'ui

Next

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links