Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

2011 Quarter 1 Project Log For Everyone

For members to post long running threads about projects they are working on

Re: 2011 Quarter 1 Project Log For Everyone

Postby markb » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:40 pm

Have the intention of finishing off my HE infantry, so far got 16 spearmen and 8 archers done. Need to do another 12 spearmen, 6 archers, 14 Swordmasters and 20 Sea Guard. Hopefully get these finished by the time I get back to UK at the end of April then that will leave me free to get the cavalry done (10 Silverhelms and 5 Dragon Princes), a chariot, 2 bolt throwers and characters the next time I go back to work. Hopefully then I will have my first fully painted WH army, I've only been playing since 1992! Unfortunately I am probably the least prolific player on the planet coz I hate painting.
"The guns have stopped because we are at last about to attack. Even our generals aren't mad enough to shell their own men, they think its far more sporting to let the Germans do it!"

Capt Edmund Blackadder, the Somme, 1917.

markb
Captain
Captain

Location: On a high plains desert somewhere near Uzbekistan, lets leave it at that
Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)

Postby skywalker » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:01 am

They are looking good mate, When are you going to get all your Russians painted for FoW?
Next time you are home give me a bell and I'll give you a game with my revaamped german list
skywalker
Cannon Fodder

Postby mattjgilbert » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:11 am

I really like those Elves. I prefer red to the normal blue.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby markb » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:12 am

Ah yes, the Russians. Well, er, its like this.... I keep looking at 200 15mm infantry and thinking "I really should get around to painting them!" You know what I'm like though! If I get all the High Elves done before I get home I will try and get the motivation to do some Russians. I have started though, got all of 6 stands and a T34/76 done!

Thanks Matt. I decided to try the red as everyone does blue and I wanted them to stand out a bit. To be honest it was an experiment as red is a pain and I didn't know if it would work.
"The guns have stopped because we are at last about to attack. Even our generals aren't mad enough to shell their own men, they think its far more sporting to let the Germans do it!"

markb
Captain
Captain

Location: On a high plains desert somewhere near Uzbekistan, lets leave it at that
Painting Entrant (1)

Postby mattjgilbert » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:49 am

Mine are red too :)
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Baragash » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:21 pm

Well I sort of made mine harder by going for:
Assemble IoB set (done)
Assemble IoB set but instead of the two characters replace with metal prince and Eltharion on Stormwing (only Eltharion on Stormwing to go)
Horros + Changeling (not started)
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby estarriol » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Been quiet for me this year, house 90% packed up while I look to move, so little on the painting table. However I have recently aquired an airbrush and all its associated parphanalia including paints that come in bottles that are too tall for my existing paint rack (they are about 3 times the GW pot the rack is designed for and too big to drop into extra slots like Vallejo paints do) so I have made my own rack:

I have also test painted my first jungle tree for venus, I think its quite nice and I wanted a simple method as I have rather a lot of them to paint! Going to vary the top flowery bit on them in different colours to break up the green canopy, otherwise I am pretty happy with them.

--
estarriol

See my buildings at: www.templebuilder.wordpress.com

Home of 6mm Miniatures and offbeat 28mm Fantasy goodness: www.rapierminiatures.co.uk
estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby markb » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Here are my HE archers I've just finished. Not totally sure if I'm happy with the standard tbh. And before any of you smart alecs point out that the standard bearer only has one arm, I am aware of this and no its not part of the new High Elf Equal Opportunities policy its more to do with Captain Amnesia here. Depsite reminding myself on numerous occasions to get the arm out of my HE bits box I completely forgot with the result that said arm is now 4000 miles away in a box in my loft.

markb
Captain
Captain

Painting Entrant (1)

Postby mattjgilbert » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:35 pm

I agree the shading on the banner needs toning down or making less blocky. Otherwise the unit looks great. Nice bases too :)
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby markb » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Yeah, going to repaint the shading using Space Wolves grey and try to blend it in a bit better and made the white broader. I tried to stay with the shading scheme I used on the robes of fortress grey and 50:50 fortress grey/skull white but just didn't work.

markb
Captain
Captain

Painting Entrant (1)

Postby markb » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:57 pm

Been playing around with it, had enough for tonight. Will tidy it up tomorrow but looks better now

markb
Captain
Captain

Painting Entrant (1)

Postby KInG » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:39 pm

that looks much better markb ... btw, did you know he's missing an arm ;) lol
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby KInG » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:40 pm

estarriol wrote:Been quiet for me this year, house 90% packed up while I look to move, so little on the painting table. However I have recently aquired an airbrush and all its associated parphanalia including paints that come in bottles that are too tall for my existing paint rack (they are about 3 times the GW pot the rack is designed for and too big to drop into extra slots like Vallejo paints do) so I have made my own rack:

I have also test painted my first jungle tree for venus, I think its quite nice and I wanted a simple method as I have rather a lot of them to paint! Going to vary the top flowery bit on them in different colours to break up the green canopy, otherwise I am pretty happy with them.

loving the paint rack mate... how did u cut them circles and what's it made off./?
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby mattjgilbert » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:21 pm

That standard looks miles better now.

Hang on. Isn't that guy missing an arm? :P
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby estarriol » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:29 am

The rack is made of MDF, the holes are cut with a 32mm spade drill bit, to make it take citadel paints I would have to use a 35mm or 38mm, but this is custom for bottles of airbrush paint that my commercial rack didn't hold very well.

Its very easy to do, it took about 2 hours and almost £3.50 of materials...
--
estarriol

See my buildings at: www.templebuilder.wordpress.com

Home of 6mm Miniatures and offbeat 28mm Fantasy goodness: www.rapierminiatures.co.uk
estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Blog: View Blog (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Project Logs

Social Links