Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Batrep 31/3 SoT vs GK

Got a batrep? Post it here

Batrep 31/3 SoT vs GK

Postby Talus » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:08 am

ok, so, first game, ever

i'll be damned if i can remember the first part, but i know i went first, which nige sorely paid for with the loss of a razorback and 3 grey knights :D

strategic dropping of an iron clad with hunterkiller missiles, power claw and seismic hammer with dual flamers :D

all was going rather smoothly for me, except my librarian sucked with nullshield, stopped the whole of nada from being used, other than the occassional warp rift :P

the attack bike with melta played a four round game of chicken with a rifleman dread, which looked suspiciously like a dread with a seismic hammer and power fist :P

saving wound after wound, he valiantly fought till he ran out of gas, conked out and got smushed by the dread :(

master of the forge and a small combat squad with a melta, took shelter inside a ruined building while trying to beat the stuffing out of the accursed dreadknight! but alas they were countered by a small force of grey knights moving into base contact and snuffing out those the knight didnt get, which incidently was the techmarine, he got donked on the head a few times too many by the nemesis sword, he then took a small tumble from the table and lost his arms ^^

the librarian managed to get himself shot up and surrounded by the GK terminators, i'd like to say he went down fighting, but he did jack, he doesnt deserve the rank!

after a small lapse in morale, the remnants of the librarians combat squad turned to face their terminator slaughterers!
supported by the remnants of the second combat squad, and a (finally) deepstiked terminator squad, the GK terminators were wiped from existence! plasma pistols and assault cannons ftw :D

the hellfire dread got lucky, missed a las shot, but scored a direct hit with a krak missile! totally obliterating the second rifleman :D

but what started as me whopping butt, the dice favoured the heretical knights and my casualties soon built up...

with 3 dreads lost, the commanders dead and their sole transport away from this massacre destroyed... by guys ended up fighting to their last!

even fighting with their bare stumps of what used to be arms!

dice decided our fates, and it was called a draw

first time out, didnt think i did too bad, shame i had to be reminded about so damn much!

and CRAP! didnt use any grenades from the tacs >_>

here's pics!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

on a side note to everything, about half way through the traffic wardens took an interest in our cars! it as like a frelling stampede!

of course, everyone else got away without a ticket, and dun dun DUN! i got one >_>

but, whether it was meant as a genuine sentiment, or taking the piss, nige made a collection box for me :D raised a grand total of £10 and copper! thankyou!

so back to redcar tomorrow to pay the damn thing... bleh

but, still, was a good night

its now 1.15am, im up for work at 4am, so wish me luck when seeing my boss in the morning! :D
Talus
Sir Hack'n'Slash!
Chief Justice

Medals: 25
Anvil's Hammer - 3rd Place (1) Gold (3) Silver (3) Bronze Wreath (1) Bronze (5)
Painting Entrant (12)

Re: Batrep 31/3 SoT vs GK

Postby killmaimburn » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:21 am

Talus wrote:ok, so, first game, ever
S'ok its the first batrep of one of kings games, and yet again he's managed to convince some other poor joe to do the work.
Talus wrote:their sole transport away from this massacre destroyed.
you dropped a transport to come down in points? thats not good.. In effect in some games you have 4 units fighting over who can get into one tin box, in mech edition.We'll have to fidddle around to get it back.
Talus wrote:all was going rather smoothly for me, except my librarian sucked with nullshield, stopped the whole of nada from being used, other than the occassional warp rift :P
the librarian managed to get himself shot up and surrounded by the GK terminators, i'd like to say he went down fighting, but he did jack, he doesnt deserve the rank!
Remember he also had the 'can wound on a 3+ no saves for any grey knights flamer template', its why you combine it with nullzone (your either facing an elite army with invulnerables or something squishy that can be hurt by ap3.Vital he's in a transport... also increases the range of (SOME OF)his powers as it comes from the edge/perimeter of the vehicle he's in.(Nullzone , not avenger)

Talus wrote:master of the forge and a small combat squad with a melta, took shelter inside a ruined building while trying to beat the stuffing out of the accursed dreadknight! but alas they were countered by a small force of grey knights moving into base contact and snuffing out those the knight didnt get, which incidently was the techmarine, he got donked on the head a few times too many by the nemesis sword, he then took a small tumble from the table and lost his arms ^^
Well with some spare points we could bounce him up a bit, some people pay for the power weapon (but I'd prefer to take the named MOTF from IA).. alternately just buy him a combi melta, then one turn he can fire his melta and T/L plas pistol at something (he can always fire 2 of his weapons rather than one).
Talus wrote:and CRAP! didnt use any grenades from the tacs >_>
Well remember grenades now work in weird ways, you have the ones that work so you can charge into people in cover (frags) and you have ones you can place on vehicles, but you need to place them (normally a 6 to hit unless its decided to sit still) and then its only str6 (so yes it SHOULD cut through an immobilised rhino like anything.. but it wouldn't be game changing)

I hope you get many responses, congratulations. :D
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Spack » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:50 am

Did you get any pics of the 'armless Dreadknight :)
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby cgra1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:46 am

Nice Report Talus, sorry for the bad introduction to the club. Getting a ticket was bad enough but having to play Mr king on your first game - :(
Hope you enjoyed it mate and hope to see you again real soon :wink:
cgra1

Postby skywalker » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 pm

Good report, next visit we can show you better plays to park so you dont get a ticket
skywalker
Cannon Fodder

Postby Talus » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:24 pm

well i wont be there next week because im off for the weekend with the misses ;)

and i've been advised to contest the ticket!

spotted 20.48

observed from 20.48 - 20.48

no chance was given to shift it, so will be contesting it this afternoon, right after i find the office :P

kmb, you never said two rhino's D: i played the list you posted, except with meltas instead of plasma and flamer :P

still, for a first game i think it went pretty well, despite the ticket :P

skywalker wrote:Good report, next visit we can show you better plays to park so you dont get a ticket

i parked in exactly the same spot last week, no bother, this week, wardens show up

maybe everyone is right... i shouldnt take advice from nige! :P

ok ok, i wont dig into you anymore mate, promise :)
Talus
Sir Hack'n'Slash!
Chief Justice

Painting Entrant (12)

Postby timewizard » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Good batrep and it sounds like the game was a good one as well.
Went back and forth a bit, always more fun than an out and out massacre.
I agree with KMB that you need another transport in there! :wink:
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:49 pm

Talus wrote:kmb, you never said two rhino's D: i played the list you posted, except with meltas instead of plasma and flamer :P

Dagnabbit, my bad, that plasma squad has the points paid for a rhino I just forgot to write it in, hence
killmaimburn wrote:the other dreadnoughts march/run up behind your rhinos

My bad..soz, I think that means you would have won :lol: (or played roughly the right amount of points :wink: )
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Talus » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:08 pm

since you were kind enough to help me out with a list, i'll let you off :)

but still, even if things were a little off, a draw is a pretty good result for first match :)

will be about 2 weeks before my next run at a game, so ive got time to refine the list, and make more notes on what needs to be done (keep forgetting what dice to roll!)
Talus
Sir Hack'n'Slash!
Chief Justice

Painting Entrant (12)

Postby KInG » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Talus wrote:maybe everyone is right... i shouldnt take advice from nige! :P

ok ok, i wont dig into you anymore mate, promise :)

lol no worries mate, my shoulders are wide, and my mind is forgetfull... mmm think i got that last bit wrong. lol

Great game Talos and I look forward tot the next. ;) Don't forget to arrange a game here on AoS of the Redcar Raiders forum in advance. I would suggest Cgra1 (chris who was on table next to us facing you) so as to continue with the confidence building ;) lol

As for that ticket, if you successfully contest it we go halfs on the collection I did for you :D lmao

Have a good trip next week, and see you again soon.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Talus » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:51 pm

KInG wrote:As for that ticket, if you successfully contest it we go halfs on the collection I did for you :D lmao

deal :P

i owe you a couple quid anyway for that drink :P
Talus
Sir Hack'n'Slash!
Chief Justice

Painting Entrant (12)

Return to 40K Battle Reports

Social Links