Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Grey Knight lists!

Post your army lists here!

Re: Grey Knight lists!

Postby Spack » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:52 am

Why would summoning use their teleporters? Summoning is a psychic power, sucking them through the warp to the libby's position.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Ljundhammer » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:59 am

@ King - yes, you are right, the warding stave is is a power weapon, my bad! Still doesn't mean I like it, but it's not as bad as I thought...

At 1750 I'd go something like this:

HQ - Corteaz - 100

Troop - henchmen - 149
3 x MM, 3 x crusader, 1 x accolyte with carapace & boltgun
Chimera - HKM

Troop - henchmen - 149
Chimera - HKM

Troop - henchmen - 100
Accolyte x 5 - stormbolter x 5
Chimera - HKM

Troop - henchmen - 100
Accolyte x 5 - stormbolter x 5
Chimera - HKM

Troop - henchmen - 110
Accolyte x 5 - melta gun x 3, combi melta x 2
Rhino

Fast - interceptors - 150
Interceptors x 5 - incinerator

Fast - interceptors - 150
Interceptors x 5 - incinerator

Elite - ven dread - 195
2 x tl autocannon, psybolt ammo

Heavy - dread - 135
2 x tl autocannon, psybolt ammo

Heavy - dreadknight - 205
Personal teleporter

Heavy - dreadknight - 205
Personal teleporter

Total - 1748
40 infantry
2 monsterous creatures
7 vehicles
17(!) kill points

Hopefully an opponent will have enough trouble gitting rid of my jump troops, flying monstrous creatures of death & long range fire support to worry about the infantry!

Masses of firepower in the list with jumping 30" flamer support to clear out annoying hordes in cover & jump infantry MC assault threat.

First attempt, but I quite like it so far...

And yes KMB, it does look like guard mkII, doesn't it...
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby mortiferum » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:16 am

Justicar w warding stave (great for potw)

If I’m not mistaken the 2+ Inv only works against CC attacks.

Troop - henchmen - 149
Chimera – HKM

You have two units of these but only the 1 =][= (Coteaz), The MM servitors will suffer ‘Mindlock’ and do nothing 50% of the time

Troop - henchmen - 110
Rhino

I count 5 melta weapons, but a Rhino has only two fire points, I’d consider trading the Rhino in for a Chimera for a ‘safer’ drive by shooting with all 5 melta weapons if required.
mortiferum
Justicar
Justicar

Postby Ljundhammer » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:24 am

mortiferum wrote:
Justicar w warding stave (great for potw)

If I’m not mistaken the 2+ Inv only works against CC attacks.

Good catch!

mortiferum wrote:
Troop - henchmen - 149
Chimera – HKM

You have two units of these but only the 1 =][= (Coteaz), The MM servitors will suffer ‘Mindlock’ and do nothing 50% of the time

Yeah, not ideal I must admit! It does need a little shaving here & there, I'd probably lose the HKMs from the Chimeras to fund a cheap =][= & some skulls if possible...

mortiferum wrote:
Troop - henchmen - 110
Rhino

I count 5 melta weapons, but a Rhino has only two fire points, I’d consider trading the Rhino in for a Chimera for a ‘safer’ drive by shooting with all 5 melta weapons if required.

Agreed, however, in my experience a melta squad is a suicide unit which rushes out of the main block of troops 12", disembarks & meltas what it needs to, then dies a glorious death in the name of the Emperor. With plasmas I agree, but meltas, thye're more disposable to me...
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:57 am

KInG wrote:A warding stave is a power weapon too isn't it. ? :/
Yes but also your paying more than the model is worth to protect the model.. its like... imagine buying a 4pt acolyte a close combat only stormshield for 20 points. He can still be plasma'd to death V easily and the cost of the model now means maybe you should have taken something else.
KInG wrote:As for the teleport homer: that came up in tonights game. We agreed with u guys. But I said I'd read up. Surely the teleport homer on the Libby and the personal teleporters would make summoning a safe bet. All summoning says is they are placed via DS. If they DS then they'd be using teleporters??? Coz that's how they DS. Pecan I jusg in a vicious circle now. :/
No its not a circle, you have added in that summoning IS teleporting to make the horseshoe into a circle. Read the teleport homerr entry it goes on (and on and on) about how teleportation is THE ONLY way they work.Summoning=/=Teleporting.
KInG wrote:Took ALs gt list tonight,
Reliant on AV12 for aggression vs psycannons/autocannons of course.. I am intrigued how you stopped his landraider after he'd taken out your monsertous creature.(scratches chin)
Ljundhammer wrote:And yes KMB, it does look like guard mkII, doesn't it..
Troop - henchmen - 110
Rhino
Meh its not my problem if you can only play a boundless game in 2 ways :P
I'm fairly sure that config is illegal. Up to 3 may replace their laspistols with list of melta guns and stuff. just because combi meltas are a different price, they are still under the same heading of up to 3, and I would suggest it is 3 in total of the list of options provided not 3 of each option provided.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby cgra1 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:34 pm

The Landraider took itself out , I was watching. It immobilised itself just short of an objective and then did nothing else all game. The DK was still alive by the end of the game though so it would have killed it eventually :?
What Mr King failed to mention was that if the game had ended on turn 5 it would have been a crushing defeat for him :lol:
cgra1

Postby KInG » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Define crushing. Lol. Crushing to my moral maybe, but not my army which was only missing a 5 combat troop squad and s rzrbk. Everything else had something is not everything left. After trun 7 Al had a dreadnought and immobilised rhino left. Lol
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby KInG » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:32 pm

As for these warding staves. I have one in my interceptors, and purifiers and termie squads. Two of these always end up in assault, usually all 3. The 1st two are not scoring and aim to break the assault of my opponent up. Then the staves make my guys the ultimate tar pit.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby BANE » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Yeah but if you want to tell the full story:

I let you use the teleporter homer with summoning despite telling you that didn't work because you said you didn't want to use it if it was wrong rolled scatter decided you didn't like the result of landing on your own models and pos losing the unit, so you moved it back to pre summoning position all without even telling what you were doing?

When you checked line of sight from the centre of your rifleman dread I pointed out that you need to check both weapons you then moved the model to stop one gun providing a cover save, all this after you fired your first dread!

I could go on, but I believe I have made my point that yes I may have lost the game and only had a dread remaining, the full story might suggest a different out come was entirely possible.

Don't anyone see this as sour grapes, I deserved to lose as I made 3 bad errors, but its a post on lists and I don't want you too be mislead that this one is crushing peps left and right without telling the full tale, eh nige ;)
BANE
Captain
Captain

Postby KInG » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:51 pm

all fair points, i was merely trying to summerise the final result mate... not do a battle report. ;)

Anyways, after Al's crushing loss my tail is up and I'm feeling pretty good about their ability to take on SM types, but wondering what an ork horde might do to these guys or a lash list maybes even.... are sourcerors psykers? :(
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:02 pm

KInG wrote:but wondering what an ork horde might do to these guys or a lash list maybes even.... are sourcerors psykers? :(

Ork horde- full green tide, you could do with more than one casting of purifiers (the IC or taken up to 10 man and combat squading)you'll be able to destroy kanwalls with your str7 as they advance, battlewagons may be a threat but thats less green tide, typical lash list, you'll ransack it (not just the hood but the -4 to tests, plague marines higher T and FNP meaning absolutely nothing to the basic grey knight in CC, and psyflemen get rid of it ranged etc and they have no way to stop any of your bells and whistles).
But you'll struggle against dual raiders (I think against your list filled with wulfen or BA assualt squads with priests) and you'll struggle against libby led bloodhammer, main thing I discovered in my game vs LH is int 4 for the dreadnight means lots of different HQs have a good chance of taking out a single one in CC if its softened up (what actually happened doesn't back this up but the sucker ought to have gone down much earlier)
Its the new vs old old question, does a codex by default have psychic defences.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Ljundhammer » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:17 am

I have a dream! Or rather in a half asleep fuge state I discovered inspiration!

The House of Thrones:
Karazamov
Corteaz
Dreadnoughts - modelled as big-karazamovs
Dreadknights - modelled as mega-karazamovs
Henchmen running around their feet

Don't want transports to keep the theme.

In the form of the infamous Stelek live blogging:

So if we go:
HQ: Karazamov - 200
HQ: Coteaz - 100
Heavy: Dreadknight - 205 (with jump pack)
Heavy: Dreadknight - 205 (with jump pack)
Heavy: Psyfleman - 135
Elite: Ven psyfleman - 195

Total so far: 1040

That leaves 710 points for henchmen

I quite like my firebase option henchmen:
3 x crusaders, 3 x MM, 1 x accolyte (carapace & boltgun) = 84 x 2 = 168 so that's 542 points left

How about some storm bolters for some anti-hoarde with melta for duality:
10 x accolyes, carapace (I hate dying to boltguns), 7 x stormbolters, 3 x meltaguns = 131 x 3 = 393 so now there's 149 points left

I've got more stormtroopers that I know what to do with, so let's get some in:
10 x accolytes, carapace, 7 x hot shot lasguns, 3 x plasma guns = 145 (how lucky was that?) - although I'm probably better with more stormbolters!

So thats:
2 MCs
1 mini-MC
2 dreads
55 troops
at 1750 points

7 multi meltas (one twin linked)
9 melta guns
3 plasma guns
7 hot shit lasguns
21 stormbolters
4 twin linked S8 autocannons

I think it's got potential... Please rip it a new one!
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby KInG » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:51 am

too much modelling and converting and no GKs in it. :P

just not my type of list.... ou think too much like a guardsman.
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby KInG » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:52 pm

Got a game tonight vs eldar. It's got at least 2 wraithlords in the list and a warlock wraithguard unit with a warlock or two in it. Any ideas on how to bring these guys down efficiently with my current list or one similar. ?
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Ljundhammer » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:55 pm

Just staying out of range would seem to be your best bet...
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

PreviousNext

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links