Berzerkers x8 258pts
(skull champ,plas pistol,
power sword, rhino)

Heavys
Havocs x10 305pts
(m launch, las,
hvy bolt,auto can)
Defiler 150pts

points value is 1373. I'm planning on another 10 man csm squad , some more berzerkers and bloodthirsters and bloodletters for the summoned demons :twisted:
jonthebetrayer
Traitor Legionnaire
Traitor Legionnaire

Medals: 3
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (2)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: World Eaters army

Postby Angelwing » Sun May 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Kill them with fire!
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby jonthebetrayer » Sun May 01, 2011 8:32 pm

damn you bug boy :evil:
just trying to figure out what else i need in there (other than a big tin of bug killer)
jonthebetrayer
Traitor Legionnaire
Traitor Legionnaire

Postby WolflordHavoc » Sun May 01, 2011 10:03 pm

A Squad of 20 Berserkers led by Kharn is pretty tasty and hard to stop

10 FW World Eater Terminator Champions (sure there expensive both in terms of points and pictures of the Queen but they get 5 attacks each on the charge - with power weapons or powerfists - whats not to like?)

And my personal favorite - Lord on a Juggernaught...possibly leading another big unit of Berserkers or the Termies if deployed and not teleported.
WolflordHavoc
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby mattjgilbert » Mon May 02, 2011 7:53 am

How about some transport? A couple of Rhino's and a LR.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby jonthebetrayer » Mon May 02, 2011 8:10 am

Hmm i was going to have two separate squads of berzerkers, but im liking the idea of a large unit (it would have to be 16 or a multiple of 8 for fluff purposes)
I think the terminators can wait until im able to get a mortgage :wink:
the champion on a jugger is a cool idea, I will be scratch building some rhinos hoping to build another 2 and the landraider can wait until i have the plans to make 1 :twisted:
jonthebetrayer
Traitor Legionnaire
Traitor Legionnaire

Postby killmaimburn » Mon May 02, 2011 9:59 am

I have to incredibly disagree with wolflord and agree with matt.. having 1/3rd of your army in a slow comparitevly low model count 3+ footslog net walking across the board in mech edition is just the way to go terribly wrong.
The ability of other armies to outshoot(most things),dodge (all waveserpents)or just straight get the charge and therefore strip most of your benefits (e.g. BA assualt marines with priest).. the ability of ordinance to inflict massive losses as you bottleneck through terrain (or you spend 3 more turns walking through bad dice terrain getting shot).Makes its a sucky thing to do in conventional games.
That said just watch as your (now templatey and correct) khorne army has its 3-4 rhinos popped turn 1 by bloody guard autocannon spam every game.

Keep them nearish 10(although keep space for kharn somewhere), have a powerfist have a rhino (landraider if you venture over 1500). multiples of that.(to provide cover for each other and for when some get popped the others can make up for it)
Kharn- fluffy and fun-remember to have him get out a different door and charge a different unit. Demon prince a necessity unfortunately with the codex..
Yuk to the possessed unless your houseruling a chunk over them...just yuk, chosen with loads of flamers in rhino instead for khorneyness?
Drop plas pistol from your expensive champion , drop plasma take a second melta gun since its your primary anti tank..I'm assuming you'll drop the single lascannon).get them a vehicle.. far to easy to stay out of range of that(those) melta.. if your just walking around the block.

Super strongly dislike the all mixed weaponry havoc squad.. at every moment most of your points are doing nothing, choose a specific (cheap) role and invest yourself in that, or just say they are all autocannons (or all missile launchers).

Some silly things you might not have considered
Code: Select all
Kharn
8 beserkers inc champion with power fist in a landraider (EA)
8 beserkers inc champion with power fist in a landraider (possession)

is 1499 Its as if all the gods will it.

Khorne lord with demon weapon is stupendously silly but on jugger 17 str5 attacks (and a 1/3 shooting self in foot) is great for social laughing games)..just remember that even when everything goes to plan and doesn't fubar overkill will mean he's billy no mates in no mans land and is going to die :D
If you do consider footslog (with no apocalypse I get fleet fixes) you must take the lash, just change its name to the bloodthirsters call to battle whip or something.

Remux of yours through my durty mind
Code: Select all
HQ-295
Kharn 165
Deamon prince wings 130
Troops688
CSM 10 ,2melta icon of chaos glory, champion fist rhino with extra combi bolter -260

8 Beserkers inc champion with fist,icon rhino extra bolter-253

Those possessed, that look all slimy and mutated? use this unit entry rules=
5 plague marines 2 melta (psychic mewls) rhino-170 (exactly the same points)add icon=175

Heavy- 305
Defiler 2CCWS 150
5 havocs 4 missiles launchers (they are all missile launchers they just chaotic orky things carrying super ammunition)155

=1288
With basically the same models and points.
I'd then for 1500 lash out the prince add 3 obliterators and man up the zerk squad but thats me facing sociopathically practised opponents, if you hold your opponents in utter contempt I'm sure you could just take 16 generic demons,since I stuck icons in mobile drop zones all over your list :wink:
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby mattjgilbert » Mon May 02, 2011 11:51 am

Agree on adding some synergy to the havoc squad - right now they are confused as to their role.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby jonthebetrayer » Mon May 02, 2011 5:22 pm

I totally agree with the havoc squad thing, but unfortunately thats what you get in the box :(
Some silly things you might not have considered

Kharn
8 beserkers inc champion with power fist in a landraider (possession)

I really like this list :twisted:
jonthebetrayer
Traitor Legionnaire
Traitor Legionnaire

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links