ORDO XENOS?

Postby 765024730486 » Sat May 14, 2011 10:35 pm

is there gonna be any alien hunters
CHEE-ZUS!!!
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Re: ORDO XENOS?

Postby killmaimburn » Sun May 15, 2011 8:32 am

Urrrggh.. you know posting a question here automatically makes it top of the front page of articles?

Do you mean generally? Yes deathwatch the RPG has been out for yonks now at FFS

New Fluff- well we know that Garro is now running around with an "}{" badge calling himself the first 'Sigillite's Knight-errant' (audio books) but if he is founding the inquisition its unlikely he'll be setting up the xenos branch since he's mostly been fighting nurgle passed his intro chapter.

Gameplay wise- smurfs scouts with heavy bolter from the xenos chapter approved rules(minus suspensors).. and the sternguard are vaguely similar with their ammo types.Shame they dumped the template poisoned from other chapters scouts heavy bolters... :( You could do something with grey nights (corteaz geq groups greyknights/deathwatch).

On the back of grey knights being mostly meq a lot of homebrew codexs purely for inquisition have cropped up..I haven't looked at them.

Modelling?
Buy 10 *left shoulder* pads (+bolters+heads) from GWfor £ 15
And they are supposed to look like this

Do you mean codex ordos a 5th ed book for 40k tabletop, well the grey knights are out.. and there are a fair number of rumblings that witch hunters will be a pdf over summer (similar to a couple of years ago blood angels plaster-like) But no one has mentioned a xenos codex in the last few years.(much more chance of squats genuinely turning up in the new tau codex)And since 6th ed now has a date if it were to turn up it would be after the flagship codexs for 6th ed are buffed up.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Spack » Sun May 15, 2011 9:05 am

765024730486 , I've told you before that posting questions in the news section is not allowed. This is your final warning, if you do it again you'll get a temporary ban. I've moved this to discussion.

As to Codex Alien Hunters, I'd think there'd be zero chance. GK have Valeria, so you can already create a Xenos themed Inquisitorial army with her leading. SoB will likely get 3 Ordo inqs too, although it might be the same 3 (as allies rules have gone, repeating characters in codexes isn't an issue). A GK codex makes sense as the chapter will on occassion send out a large contingent to take down a large daemon incursion, and a SoB codex makes sense as the SoB do go out to battle in numbers. Deathwatch on the other hand tend, from the background fluff, to go out in small kill teams, so a codex doesn't make sense at all - you'd never see a whole army of DW turn up to a battle. As KMB has already pointed out the Sternguard are pretty much the same as the DW Kill Team rules used to be, so you can already field DW units in a Marine army; that takes care of single kill teams. There's no need for anything else.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby 765024730486 » Sun May 15, 2011 12:22 pm

it is on the news i agree but it does also say rumours aswell and thats the only place i could think to put it
CHEE-ZUS!!!
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Postby 765024730486 » Sun May 15, 2011 12:27 pm

and killmaimburn thanks for the info but to be honest i didnt know deathwatch was also the xenos
CHEE-ZUS!!!
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Postby hunter101 » Sun May 15, 2011 1:36 pm

FFS! Ya jokeing right! What do ya think Dethwatch were created for. Sumbody give me a rope and a pirate!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you like the Inquasishion then ya shood now thes things. Next you be saying ya ant hurd of the Ultramarines Xeno hunters. Tho ther Nid speshalists.

Well naw ya now I supows so Ial stop ranting.
disclamer. i cnt spell due to been dislexic or dropt when born. tho the 2nd has never been admitted.
http://waaaghpaint.webs.com/
hunter101
Commander
Commander

Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)

Postby 765024730486 » Sun May 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Well ive just started inquisition so ya
CHEE-ZUS!!!
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Postby Spack » Sun May 15, 2011 7:24 pm

765024730486 wrote:it is on the news i agree but it does also say rumours aswell and thats the only place i could think to put it

It's for posting news and rumours - not for asking if there are any. Please don't do it again. If you're unsure about where something fits, post it in 40k Discussion if it's 40k related.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Postby 765024730486 » Sun May 15, 2011 8:16 pm

k
CHEE-ZUS!!!
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Postby Ljundhammer » Mon May 16, 2011 8:54 am

Short answer: no deathwatch in 40k.

Long answer:

GW have forgotten about them. The GK codex appears to be "THE INQUISITION" codex badly misnamed. The SoB codex will, I expect, be "THE ECHLIASTY" rather less badly misnamed.

Xenos & Deathwatch, being akin to Malleus & Grey Knights simpley have nowhere to be within the codex structure.

If you want to represent Deathwatch, your best bet is with Codex: Space Marines. Deathwatch fluff being that the 'best of the best' of the space marine chapters are seconded to the Deathwatch (which I think makes them the 'best of the best of the best'). Deathwatch has no scouts & makes use of heavily upgraded bolt technology, as well as the standard special weaponary of the Space Marines. They also use heavy weapons (and had a special rule for 'suspensors' which demished range, but allowed them to be fired on the move, but there aren't current rules for that).

So with that in mind, Kantor & Sternguard armies would probably best represent them. If you want inqisition elements, then a librarian (as an =][=) and scrunts (as =][= stormtroopers) could work at a pinch, or, for a couple of months, you could use Codex Witchhunters.

As to how they operate, there is a Deathwatch novel from Black Library (IIRC), but there isn't a great deal within codex etc. sources (unless you google for the Deathwatch 3rd/4th ed special rules, which has some background etc). So any type of army (mech, foot, drop pod, etc) is possible. Dreads are a source of contention (as they don't have their own marines, how would they inter anyone), but I wouldn't get too hung up about it.

All the above is from memory, so anyone feel free to slap me down!

Hope that helps.
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby Angelwing » Mon May 16, 2011 10:30 pm

I see gw have taken down the deathwatch rules from the site. :roll:
Good job I printed them out.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby Spack » Tue May 17, 2011 7:31 am

Those rules were for 3rd ed with a minor revision for 4th ed, so were never intended for 5th anyway.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Return to 40K Discussion

Social Links