Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Forgeworld Newsletter #278 - Pre-Heresy/Great Crusade Dread

News and rumours

Forgeworld Newsletter #278 - Pre-Heresy/Great Crusade Dread

Postby Baragash » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:56 pm

Hi there,
In this week’s newsletter we have for you a fantastic new Space Marine Dreadnought – the Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought – along with the hotly-anticipated Carcharodons Transfer Sheet.

Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought

A true relic of the hallowed days of the Great Crusade, and of the heights of technological achievement once reached by the Imperium of Mankind, the Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought was a mainstay of the armoured might of the Astartes Legions of old. Larger and stronger than standard pattern Dreadnoughts, the Contemptor’s systems featured many examples of techno-arcana steeped in the sacred mysteries of the Legio Cybernetica.

Due to their spearhead assault role in the epic battles of the Great Crusade, losses were high amongst these potent war machines, and in the shadowed aftermath of the Heresy the ability to produce or maintain the Contemptor was all but lost. However, some Chapters still boast these war-relics amongst their ranks, and whenever the Contemptor takes to the field of battle it is an echo of the power of ancient days.

The Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought, designed by Will Hayes, is a detailed full resin kit that allows any Space Marine (or Chaos Space Marine) army to field one of these ancient war machines. Will has also designed two unique weapon options: a Contemptor Pattern Lascannon Arm and a Contemptor Pattern Close Combat Arm (Fist). These two weapons can be used on either side of the Dreadnought body, which is itself a fully poseable miniature.

Experimental rules for this storied and ancient Dreadnought are available to download now from the Forge World website, and this kit and its weapon arms are available to pre-order now for despatch in the week commencing 25th July.

Carcharodons Transfer Sheet

Packed with well over 500 individual transfers, the Carcharodons Transfer Sheet is a hotly-anticipated addition to Forge World’s range of A4 transfer sheets. Kenton Mills has crammed onto it Chapter badges sized for both infantry and vehicles, heraldic blazons, Void Maw devices and a wide range of different sigils and devices that denote an individual Carcharodon warrior’s record of carnage across the stars, albeit in a manner that ensures his deeds may only be read by another Astartes of this ill-famed and sinister Chapter.

The Carcharodons Transfer Sheet is available to order now for immediate despatch.

Forge World Events News

Last weekend Forge World, accompanied by Imperial Armour writer Alan Bligh, joined the Warhammer World Events team for their Badab War Part 1 Campaign Weekend. The event was based on our popular Imperial Armour expansion books, and what a weekend it was! We’d like to thank everyone who stopped at the stand to say hi, ask questions or get their copies of the Badab War signed.

Everyone attending had a great time and you will be able to see more of what went on, including some very impressive conversions and painted armies, in a review coming soon. If you missed out the Events team are keen to run Part 2 next year.

Forge World’s intrepid sales team are now in sunny Madrid for Games Day Spain which takes place on July 3rd at the Pabellon de Convenciones at Casa del Campo, with a massive selection of the Forge World and Warhammer Forge range of resin kits, books and modelling products. You can download a catalogue from the Forge World website here. We look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks,
Ead Brown

Customer Service Manager
Forge World
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Re: Forgeworld Newsletter #278 - Pre-Heresy/Great Crusade Dread

Postby Talus » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:42 pm

Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor Contemptor

have you seen the fist on that thing!

its a work of art

beauty

stunning

gorgeous

gimme 4

please?
Talus
Sir Hack'n'Slash!
Chief Justice

Medals: 25
Anvil's Hammer - 3rd Place (1) Gold (3) Silver (3) Bronze Wreath (1) Bronze (5)
Painting Entrant (12)

Postby Socaddict » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:01 pm

WANT!

Nevermind all the other stuff I have, This is my new shiny...
Waaargh.
Orks project log here
Socaddict
Mekboy
Warlord

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby DaBoss » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:03 pm

Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought, you've got to just love it....especially if you have a Pre-Heresy World Eater Army - Two Dreadnought close combat arms and is able to Fleet!!!

Puts my Rogue Trader Dreadnoughts to shame - got to resist but it's only £45!!!!

Is this also more of a hint of what the next Forgeworld Book after Space Wolves\Imperial Guard\Eldar campaign book is?
DaBoss
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Blog: View Blog (43)

Postby hunter101 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:06 pm

Just as I have placed an order. The GITS!
disclamer. i cnt spell due to been dislexic or dropt when born. tho the 2nd has never been admitted.
http://waaaghpaint.webs.com/
hunter101
Commander
Commander

Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)

Postby killmaimburn » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:11 am

I think there is one really good thing here..
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/P ... emptor.pdf
"Until a specific variant of this unit is featured in a forthcoming book, the Contemptor as listed here may also be used in a Codex Chaos Space Marines army. "
A small sentance but it yields so much.
1)FORTHCOMING BOOK
2)WILL HAVE A DECENT DREADNOUGHT IN IT.
Oooh kaloo kaleigh..
(nice to see they also rules wise distinguish types of when invulnerable saves on vehilces are taken..if anyone is still wanting bits of RAI on when saves apply)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Spack » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:20 am

Forthcoming book refers to an Imperial Armour book - and we already know they'll be pushing books out for a few years yet, so nothing new there.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby killmaimburn » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:32 am

Oh spacks.. you gave me sads. bwaaaaahhhh Hope book thing is going well.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Spack » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:17 am

Heh. Don't be so sad - if they change the name to Furibundus or Deredo class (the other 2 RT era Dread classes) when it comes out in an IA book then these experimental rules will still apply to CSM :)
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Postby Cain Tiberius » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Its pretty, very very pretty. But I think its a lil too big. And if the imperium had reached this level of technology, why would they revert so much to the walking bricks?

Before anyone gets the wrong idea. Yes I love the walking bricks, lol. Dreads where the one thing that got me hooked on 40K in the first place.

Nathanael
My BA Blog

Semper Fidelis
Cain Tiberius
Enforcer
Enforcer

Medals: 12
Gold (2) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (8)
Blog: View Blog (36)

Postby Ljundhammer » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:17 pm

They ming!
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby Talus » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Ljundhammer wrote:They ming!

-cracks knuckles-

you aint seen what im planning for it yet :D
Talus
Sir Hack'n'Slash!
Chief Justice

Medals: 25
Anvil's Hammer - 3rd Place (1) Gold (3) Silver (3) Bronze Wreath (1) Bronze (5)
Painting Entrant (12)

Postby hunter101 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:48 pm

Ha. Im Rustaling sumthing up my self. And considering FW have spackerd my order up im going to push for an early one. Like yer Right but worth a try.
disclamer. i cnt spell due to been dislexic or dropt when born. tho the 2nd has never been admitted.
http://waaaghpaint.webs.com/
hunter101
Commander
Commander

Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)

Postby Ljundhammer » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:53 am

Talus wrote:
Ljundhammer wrote:They ming!

-cracks knuckles-

you aint seen what im planning for it yet :D

Is it this?
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby Spack » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:27 pm

Cain Tiberius wrote:Its pretty, very very pretty. But I think its a lil too big. And if the imperium had reached this level of technology, why would they revert so much to the walking bricks?

Before anyone gets the wrong idea. Yes I love the walking bricks, lol. Dreads where the one thing that got me hooked on 40K in the first place.

Nathanael

The FW Contemptor is a 40k scale version of the Epic dreadnought that was on the plastic Marines sprues. Prior to this the metal ones were the RT era Fury, Eddy, and Chuck style (I still have some of these), and the later ones were metal versions of the current "brick" style dreads.

The "bricks" aren't a reversion - they're an evolution, in that they gain heavier armour and more mobility over the earlier ones. However, FW have made the new Chuck far more advanced looking than it should have been. Maybe they'll retro fit the fluff such that the MkIVs are bulkier because the Techmarines and AdMech can knock them out faster and keep them maintained easier than this Heresy version.

I may have to get one of these new ones - mixed in with my other Dreads I'll have 16 then, which includes the 4 RT models (3 loyalist and 1 chaos), the four 2nd ed loyal metals and 2 of the chaos ones, plus some FW (MkIV and MkV), AoBR one, ... losing track of them ... <bzzt>
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Next

Return to 40K News & Rumours

Social Links