Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

AoS meetup - 5th / 6th Nov' 11 @ Maelstrom

For event announcements to be shown in the recent news on the forum home page.

Re: AoS meetup - 5th / 6th Nov' 11 @ Maelstrom

Postby Red Devil » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:52 pm

Good thinking!
Red Devil
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby lostandthedamned » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:51 pm

killmaimburn wrote:Suggest we'll mostly finish and have tidyed up by 7 both days?

On sunday no problem as everyone has to get home, but you realise we can game really late on Saturday.
Last time I was there in May people where still gaming at 10pm and drinking in the bar till 2.
They even kept the shop open - turned out to be a good call as they cashed in on a number of people buying new Warmachine forces while drunk.
When you wish upon a star, your dreams can come true.
Unless it's a meteorite falling to Earth, which will destroy all life, then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for.
Unless it's death by meteorite.
lostandthedamned
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby DaBoss » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:58 pm

lostandthedamned wrote:
killmaimburn wrote:Suggest we'll mostly finish and have tidyed up by 7 both days?

On sunday no problem as everyone has to get home, but you realise we can game really late on Saturday.
Last time I was there in May people where still gaming at 10pm and drinking in the bar till 2.
They even kept the shop open - turned out to be a good call as they cashed in on a number of people buying new Warmachine forces while drunk.

I'll need to be leaving about 4:30-5:00pm Sunday to get back home at a reasonable time, which should still leave time on Sunday for at least 2 pick up games.

As to Saturday, sounds good for 1pm lunch which gives us 1 game in the morning and 2 in the afternoon for the tournament, plus time after for a pick game if people are interested? Or just time chilling down in the Bar.
DaBoss
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Blog: View Blog (43)

Postby ruffian4 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:24 pm

Well, neither me nor mine will be there, unfortunately, but ...

... I would let KMB sort everything out, he makes the most sense, plus, if it does all go tits up, blaming it on him will get you out of any "sectioning" unpleasantness, as the authorities are, no-doubt, shall we say, "situationally aware."

You know, just saying.
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby killmaimburn » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:38 am

OK so basic structure for tourney and weekend=good, with a clause that we should be allowed to play on in a less structured way till late on saturday.
(does it become busier or quieter at night... a bit of me was kind of thinking the place would be deserted so we wouldn't have to have our towels over a bunch of tables but I guess if we're formally stating something LATD has hit a nail on its head.)

Now we're getting closer I do have to ask has everyone been rehearsing their evil axe gang dance moves, I don't want anyone out of sync when we waaaaahhhhg!!!
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:27 am

Bump for 3 days to go..
(has stunty heard back from them after delievering our timetable?)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby mattjgilbert » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:18 pm

dunno

40K army is packed in one single small GW case ready to go! Played with the list twice.. one win, one draw.

I just need to pack up the undead now.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Red Devil » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:42 pm

mattjgilbert wrote:dunno

40K army is packed in one single small GW case ready to go! Played with the list twice.. one win, one draw.

I just need to pack up the undead now.

Lol! I still haven't written a list, so no play-testing for me. That said, my entire 4k+ BA army is in 2 KR cases, so I can still leave writing the list until Saturday morning!

Will make sure I write a KoW Ratmen list before Sunday!
Red Devil
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby mattjgilbert » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:16 pm

My undead don't all fit in one case :(
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Taumaul » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:55 pm

Is there anyone on Saturday not taking part in the tourny?
Taumaul
GamingFigures
Warlord

Postby lostandthedamned » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:00 pm

Thankfully i'm on holiday so painting 90+ Samurai in the next 2 days shouldn't be too hard...
When you wish upon a star, your dreams can come true.
Unless it's a meteorite falling to Earth, which will destroy all life, then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for.
Unless it's death by meteorite.
lostandthedamned
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Taumaul wrote:Is there anyone on Saturday not taking part in the tourny?

Apparently the other guys coming down with you. + stunty (although I'm still not 100% if he meant he wouldn't be there for much of the day).
Spack had said he might drift down and take some pics.. so maybe you could rope him into a game of aeronautica or some other complex card game like thing.
Don't think of it as a tourny, (especially since your not putting up a prize) think of it as a meet and greet, steal an army from someone at your club (e.g. king) and join in.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Spack » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:22 pm

At the moment it's looking like I won't be able to make it; Saturday is definitely out, Sunday was going to be a possible but I'm skint and don't have any petrol.

I'm at the point of prepping to put my Armorcast Titans up for sale, if anyone is seriously interested and would pay on the day then I could justify driving up to deliver them personally. I'd be looking for £300 for the Reaver (pics here: gallery/v/Spack/titans/acreaver/ , complete including the bolts to hold it together and the 3 painted weapons), £30 each for the spare unpainted Reaver weapons (will take £375 for the whole lot, Reaver + 6 weapons), and at least £250 for the Phantom (pics here: gallery/v/Spack/titans/phantom/ , it's got a partial black undercoat but is complete, the toe and 2 spines that were broken in transit have been glued on and the repair almost unnoticeable hence the low - comparitively - price, these were going for £600+ last year). If nobody wants them they'll be going up on eBay at next week at slightly more than those prices to cover the listing and Paypal fees.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Stunty » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:44 pm

I'll be there all day(unless my Mrs explodes then I'll be leaving, I should have planned better 9 months ago), the only reason I wasn't before is I was entered into the Malifaux GT but I pulled out of that as I decided I'd have more fun with you guys (I dunno what I was smoking when I made that decision lol).

I'm not taking part in the tourney as I don't have an army ready and I'll just get stressed out cobbling something together. I'll be taking my Malifaux stuff in case anyone wants a demo or just generally harassing people.

I've almost sorted everything with Maelstrom. I've told them we will be arriving at 9 both days and we are booked in till they shut. Sunday they close at 6. on weekends they don't have open gaming so not sure why they asked that.

sorry I've not been on top of posting the past week its been quite hectic here.

Stunty
Stunty
Destroyer
Destroyer

Postby DaBoss » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:55 pm

Stunty wrote: I'll be taking my Malifaux stuff in case anyone wants a demo or just generally harassing people.

I'll bring my Cult of December and maybe we can get a game in, haven't played a game yet though...
DaBoss
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Blog: View Blog (43)

PreviousNext

Return to Events

Social Links