Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

new necron rules warscythe

Discussion of anything 40K related

new necron rules warscythe

Postby thor24 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:57 pm

hey all recently played a game with the new necron codex i took imotekh trazyn and the royal court as my big hitters and found that the named characters imotekh and trazyn dont really have any shooting weapons imotekh gets his gauntlet of flame template weapon but couldnt fire with trazyn which sucked.
Also to my royal court with upgraded warscythes for the NL'S but the warscythes dont have a shooting profile any more old codex they had an in buillt gauss blaster so i couldn't fire with my necron lords or my Lynchguards who really should get a shooting profile . Have I missed something or is the just a further injustice from games workshop?????
thor24

Re: new necron rules warscythe

Postby jlong05 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:44 pm

In the old codex, The Warscythe only had a shooting attack for the Pariahs and Not the Lord. The new Dex adopts the Lord version, so you are not mistaken in that there is no shooting. They are basically a CC monsters though. Remember that the Warscythe grants +2 Strength, meaning the Lord and the Lychguards have S7 in combat and ignore saves.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.

jlong05
Master Jedi
Commander

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby timewizard » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:18 pm

thor24 wrote:Also to my royal court with upgraded warscythes for the NL'S but the warscythes dont have a shooting profile any more old codex they had an in buillt gauss blaster so i couldn't fire with my necron lords or my Lynchguards who really should get a shooting profile . Have I missed something or is the just a further injustice from games workshop?????

They're listed on page 83 as two-handed close combat weapons so yes as jlong said the gauss blaster that was built in has been removed.

So they're cc only, but as jlong said with S+2 and no armour saves, how bad can they be?
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby thor24 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:30 pm

not bad stood up to a unit of veteran blood angels termies the took the punishment just sucks they cant shoot.

still need to play around with them find there best army list for a heavy shooting army without royal court though necsw die far too easily these days a 5 to get back up ouch 4's with res orb you'll need at least 3 lords with res orbs and it only works on the unit there in not with the old 6 inch range grrrr :x
thor24

Return to 40K Discussion

Social Links