Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

2012 project log for everyone

For members to post long running threads about projects they are working on

2012 project log for everyone

Postby mattjgilbert » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:58 am

So a new year and perhaps a new list of objectives for the coming 12 months. Use this thread to list your gaming and modelling projects and ambitions for 2012. We'll then have different threads for each quarter as normal.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Re: 2012 project log for everyone

Postby mattjgilbert » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:07 am

Well of the top of my head, here's my list:

1. Finish the undead. I failed to hit the end of 2011 so my next target is the KoW tournament in February.
2. Assemble all the Mantic Orcs I've got and get my mate Paul to paint them up to match the rest of the army (which he's done the bulk of). I'll still do the heroes.
3. Finish off the Necrons including the few new models I bought along with the new rules.
4. Paint the last few bits for the Ultramarines.
5. Paint up the Dwarf King's Hold models in all the sets I have.
6. Paint up the Dwarfs from the Mantic KoW starter box
7. Paint up the Marauders and Forgefathers from the Fate of the Forgestar Warpath starter set.
8. Expand the Forgefather army.
9. Play 6th ed 40K!
10. Play more big games

So the only things I see myself buying at this stage are:
1. 6th ed 40K
2. Forgefathers
3. Any DKH expansions
4. Mantic's new Sci-fi board game once released

Anything else will be unplanned as new things come out which catch my eye. 2012 for me will be about trying to paint what I already have and not increasing the collection too much of unpainted stuff.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby markb » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:28 am

For me this year I intend to finish off my High Elves, legalise my Marines by painting the last 6 Tactical Marines, maybe finish off my Dwarves and Tau and if I have time start on my Orcs and Goblins and maybe start to repaint my Steel Legion Guard. However knowing my painting output I'll probably only manage to get the Elves done!
"The guns have stopped because we are at last about to attack. Even our generals aren't mad enough to shell their own men, they think its far more sporting to let the Germans do it!"

Capt Edmund Blackadder, the Somme, 1917.

markb
Captain
Captain

Location: On a high plains desert somewhere near Uzbekistan, lets leave it at that
Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)

Postby Angelwing » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Continue with the terrain, paint any more tyranid releases or ebay rescues (second wave please?), um and ah over the issue of buying 6th ed 40k.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby mattjgilbert » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:09 pm

25th anniversary for 40K I think this year?
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby skywalker » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:42 am

Get the last of my Space Wolves completed (bases and details on about 10figs..oh and 2 drop pods still!!!) I am starting a Vey British Civil Waar in 15mm so will have lots of new shiney stuff to do
skywalker
Cannon Fodder

Postby Red Devil » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:11 am

While I am in a fairly optimistic mood (driven by new year, and possibly still some alcohol in my system!), I would very much hope to get the following done over the year:

1) Assemble and paint Mantic Orcs (hoping at least some of the list entries are released this year to enable me to get my 1.5k list done)
2) Have a playable Skaven list painted (I have around 7k, so I think all Skaven would be impossible!)
3) Make inroads into my IG army
4) Begin work on my Salamanders army (fingers crossed 6th keeps meltas at the fore!)

Not a long list, but given I have a 17 year old Ultramarines army unfinished, it is ambitious!

I have been a spender, rather than a painter. Barring a couple of bits for the Mantic Orcs and a tank/tactical squad for the Salamanders (oh, and 6th ed 40k), I have everything. Should mean 2012 can be a bit easier on my wallet...
Red Devil
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Baragash » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:58 am

I'm going to go for a somewhat generic "paint at least 150 models" as I tend to jump between different things a lot
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby mattjgilbert » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:05 pm

From the responses here and other forums, I think 2012 will see people spending a lot less and concentrating on painting instead.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Baragash » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:09 pm

mattjgilbert wrote:From the responses here and other forums, I think 2012 will see people spending a lot less and concentrating on painting instead.

True here! Would be a mammoth effort to do otherwise I think, besides I got a wedding to start paying for ;)
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby Stunty » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Im going to be realistic too and say I hope to have a painted flames of war army. Since the surface area is about the same as that of say a land raider surely im in with a shot this year lol.
Stunty
Destroyer
Destroyer

Postby markb » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Don't think I'll be buying much this year either. Forgot about my FoW Soviets, might change my goals to finishing off my HE & SM & try & at least get the Tankovy Batalon done, think trying to get the Strelkovy done would be too much for me!
"The guns have stopped because we are at last about to attack. Even our generals aren't mad enough to shell their own men, they think its far more sporting to let the Germans do it!"

Capt Edmund Blackadder, the Somme, 1917.

markb
Captain
Captain

Location: On a high plains desert somewhere near Uzbekistan, lets leave it at that
Painting Entrant (1)

Postby conscriptboris » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:28 pm

now im finally home for a while, im going to reboot my BA project, my intention is to not buy models until 6th is released, at this point I should have saved enough cash to get hold of the goodies and bargains!

Plus if Chaos legions turns out to be true....ill need an extra £250-£400 :P

Elvis
conscriptboris
Elvis isnt Dead!
Commander

Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Cain Tiberius » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:59 pm

2012 already, who'da thunk it.

I have to be honest, I have done bugger all for the past 2 months.... Bloomin Space Marine game....

I've been working on (stripping, reconditioning and rebuilding) 4 Rhino's and 2 Landraiders. (1 LR is from my 10yo army, so very lil work on that one) But my progress has been so slow it wasn't worth mentioning. That being said, the 4th Rhino is almost ready to paint, so I'll be posting pre-paint pics of all 6 vehicles in a day or two.

Beyond that I am making no predictions, as I am still knee deep in that damnable game and also my wife is due to give birth any day now.

Any models I do get done will be posted as an when.
My BA Blog

Semper Fidelis
Cain Tiberius
Enforcer
Enforcer

Medals: 12
Gold (2) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (8)
Blog: View Blog (36)

Postby Spack » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:12 am

Thanks to WoW (not only gaming, I've been tinkering with PHP and the Battlenet API and the WIP results you can see in my sig), I haven't touched any 40k (or other!) gaming stuff for a couple of months. I will try to drag some out in the near future and start painting again, won't be buying anything though unless I win the lottery.

Congrats on the imminent arrival Cain. Having one this close to Christmas is going to be fun in the years to come :)
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Next

Return to Project Logs

Social Links