Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Help with my Army futures

Discussion of anything 40K related

Postby jlong05 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:06 am

DoctorTom wrote:Changing to a Wave Serpent would be good for the Dire Avengers.

I'm underwhelmed by the Guardians since the change I used to keep a small unit or two in my list, but always preferred Rangers/Pathfinders. With the codex change it feels like the cost/benefit tipped too much away for me, especially now that cheap jetbikes are available as troop choices. I like throwing in one of those, for annoyance value and for those timee you need to lead those 'must charge the closest enemy unit' types around by the nose. I like the jetbike units you have there. Have you considered a unit of Pathfinders instead of one of the guardian units, though? It'll give you something shooting that can pin units, or maybe get AP1 shots out.

You might want one guardian unit though, with a Warlock/Spirit Seer, if you're taking the Wraithlord. I don't care for them as much now either, but that's probably because there's so many good choices now they're not a 'must have'. You could always cut out a guardian unit and maybe the wraithlord, and throw in a full unit of Warwalkers (either all scatter lasers or all missile launchers, depending on what you face), then throw in a Farseer with Guide (or throw in Eldrad, if you want him to be able to live through a Perils of the Warp).

Great points. Honestly, I am building the army on a semi-limited budget and the boxes seem to provide the best bang for the buck. Most likely I will be doing pathfinders and Harlies around my Birthday(In March) to fill out a bit more on the army. I figure at that time I will probably be expanding to the 1500 to 1750 range.

So far it sounds like what I am getting is good, not perfect, but not terribly bad either. I also forgot, I have a farseer model that was laying around my bits box, just need to fix em up and create an arm for him and he should be good to go for an extra HQ unit.

Thanks again.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.

jlong05
Master Jedi
Commander

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby jlong05 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:29 am

Hello again. Thanks to everyone in the past that posted suggestions. Thought I would update you all on what I got and stuff.

HQ:

Autarch (on jetbike)

Farseer

Bonesinger(When it arrives via the mail? :roll: )

Elite:

None

Troops:

10 Dire Avengers with Exarch

10 Guardians (with grav platform)

10 Guardians (with Grav Platform) (Currently in a trade offer with will)

13 Guardian Jetbikes

5 Rangers (5 - 10 more in possible trade with will)

Fast Attack:

3 Vypers

Heavy Support:

Wraithlord

Falcon

I have recently come into a bit of extra money and have decided to flesh this army out a bit early. To that end I would like to get some additional suggestions on what I should add.

I have though about adding a Warlock squad to go with my Farseer or Bonesinger. I have also thought about converting the Farseer into a Warlock and only have the Autarch and Bonesinger models for HQs.

As for Elite options I am planning to get the boxed set of Harlie's, but that box only has the leader 2 with guns and 2 with kisses. Should I also get a seer and a deathjester? What other Elite choice would work with my highly mobile Troops?

For Troops, I am thinking of simply maxing 2 squads of Rangers so that will depend on my final deal with will on if I need 1 or 2 boxes still.

Fast Attacks I was leaning towards the Shining Spears(Maybe even 2 boxes) and then filling to 5 in each by snatching up 4 of my Guardian bikes for the conversions. How well are the Harks or Spiders?

For Heavy Support I figured to simply get a set of Reapers

Well Any input would be great. Thanks in advance!!
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.

jlong05
Master Jedi
Commander

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Previous

Return to 40K Discussion

Social Links