Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

FW 298 - Chaos Decimator Engine, Zone Mortalis doors

News and rumours

FW 298 - Chaos Decimator Engine, Zone Mortalis doors

Postby Spack » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:14 am

Hi there,
In this week’s newsletter we delve deep within the Eye of Terror to unleash a new Chaos Daemon Engine, the Decimator, which is available to pre-order now alongside two new Zone Mortalis Door Sets. We’re also now accepting reservation orders for the Forge World Open Day, and there’s still time to get your AdeptiCon reservation order to us as well.

decimator9nl.jpg
decimator9nl.jpg (12.5 KiB) Viewed 4186 times
Chaos Decimator Daemon Engine

The Decimator is a brutal and hellish creation; the essence of a creature of the Warp bound and fettered within the armoured bulk of a bipedal war machine. Great slab-shoulders of tainted and defiled ceramite and adamantium, and a low-set ‘head’ give the Decimator a characteristic hunched posture which exudes brooding and vicious menace.

Inquisitorial savants do not know for sure what malefic party is responsible for this sinful innovation as the Decimator is capable of fielding a wide range of armament: rapid-firing Butcher Cannons, multi-barrelled Stormlasers, and great raking Siege Claws to name but a few. Towering over even the mighty Contemptor Pattern Dreadnoughts of the Adeptus Astartes, the Decimator is believed to be an attempt to bolster the ranks of such ancient devices that still serve the Traitor Legions. If this is the truth, then it is feared that many warriors of the Imperium will fall before these deadly war machines.

The Decimator Daemon Engine, designed by Daren Parrwood and Edgar Skomorowski, is an incredibly detailed full resin kit that stands roughly 4" (102mm) tall. Weapons for this fell war machine are sold separately, and Daren has designed three weapons kits that are released alongside the body kit: the Decimator Stormlaser, Decimator Siege Claw and Decimator Butcher Cannon. All these kits are available to pre-order now for despatch from Monday 2nd April, and you can also download experimental rules for the Decimator from the Forge World website.

Zone Mortalis Door Sets
Following hot on the heels of our brand new Realm of Battle Zone Mortalis scenery tiles come two sets of detailed resin blast doors. Adding a new tactical dimension to the brutal and bloody conflicts of the Zone Mortalis experimental rules expansion, the Door Sets can be operated in one of three different modes in a scenario.

The Large Blast Door comprises a single, multi-part blast door measuring 3 ¾" (95mm) across and 2 ½" (64mm) tall, while the Small Blast Door Set contains two narrower doors, each measuring 1 ¾" (45mm) across. These detailed resin kits, designed by Blake Spence, are available to pre-order now for despatch from Monday 2nd April.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: FW 298 - Chaos Decimator Engine, Zone Mortalis doors

Postby Cain Tiberius » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:58 am

That thing is a beast. its begger than a Contemptor :O
Can't help think it looks like the Warjacks from Warmachine. If there was any justice GW would get a taste of their own IP crap.
Nice model though..

Nathanael
My BA Blog

Semper Fidelis
Cain Tiberius
Enforcer
Enforcer

Medals: 12
Gold (2) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (8)
Blog: View Blog (36)

Postby Baragash » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:27 am

Absolutely lovely model, same old Chaos rules fail
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby Spack » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:18 pm

It is a nice model, and size wise isn't too far off a Dreadknight. Now all I need is some spare cash to get one ...
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby estarriol » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Your in the GW Hobby and you even know of the concept of 'spare cash'?
--
estarriol

See my buildings at: www.templebuilder.wordpress.com

Home of 6mm Miniatures and offbeat 28mm Fantasy goodness: www.rapierminiatures.co.uk
estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Herne » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:02 am

Damn fine model. Damn awful rules! Think i'll buy one and use the chaos contemptor dread rules for it. Current rules are only test, but their 'test' rules never seem to differ much to the final ones. I can't believe they have the daftness to create a model bigger and more brutal than a contemptor dread, then give it rubbish rules like that! What ever happened to game balance between marine armies? ok mr imperial - you can have a BS5 12 shot rending killing machine with an invulnerable save. Mr chaos - you can have the parts left over and we'll glue it togethr with a bit of a daemon. Oh don't worry - it will probably be able to shrug off a glancing hit or two before the poor armour it's wearing gives out to autocannon fire! Gah!
My Gallery: http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/Herne

Nightbringer wrote:I like Amy Winehouse` music, although she looks like a Whippet in a bin bag.... 8)
Herne
Occasional brush wielder
Sorceror

Medals: 10
Anvil's Hammer - 1st Place (1) Gold (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)

Postby Angelwing » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:33 am

Odd. My first read of the rules and points cost and I thought, 'thats a bit cheap for what it can do'.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby Herne » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Angelwing wrote:Odd. My first read of the rules and points cost and I thought, 'thats a bit cheap for what it can do'.

Weight for weight I can't help the contemptor piddles all over it. I guess it's an interesting mid-way mix between the blood slaughterers and the contemptor dreads.
My Gallery: http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/Herne

Nightbringer wrote:I like Amy Winehouse` music, although she looks like a Whippet in a bin bag.... 8)
Herne
Occasional brush wielder
Sorceror

Medals: 10
Anvil's Hammer - 1st Place (1) Gold (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)

Postby Angelwing » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:16 am

I guess my view is effected by my gaming group playing quite 'soft' and at small point levels. The decimator would be quite nasty in my group.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby killmaimburn » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:55 am

Angelwing wrote:I guess my view is effected by my gaming group playing quite 'soft' and at small point levels. The decimator would be quite nasty in my group.
Group can't shoot 270 degrees of AV11.. are you kidding.. sounds like your group struggle against rhinos :wink:
I think (yet again) they force nurgle on us, 1/x chance of coming back to life every turn.. something like slightly better than 50:50 chance of ignoring weapon destroyed and immobiliseds. Or..oh look I get frag grenades..Hum let me think.
After that its just smoke and lights, either keep it as is with the crap WS3 (WHY WS3 I3 for KAOS standard??Khorne doesn't even fix it...descends into rage fit of hulk transformation) I need a lie down.

Best pic
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby hunter101 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Im likeing this model lots. :)
disclamer. i cnt spell due to been dislexic or dropt when born. tho the 2nd has never been admitted.
http://waaaghpaint.webs.com/
hunter101
Commander
Commander

Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)

Return to 40K News & Rumours

Social Links