Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

2012 Quarter 1 Project Log For Everyone

For members to post long running threads about projects they are working on

Re: 2012 Quarter 1 Project Log For Everyone

Postby mattjgilbert » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:06 am

The razorwire sections look excellent - I really should do mine. The wire has been sitting in the packet for years!

As for my Q1 objectives I think I've done well.

Undead army - completed what I had aimed to paint in Q1! I've bought some more since but will add to the army slowly over the year in between other things.

Bonus painting: Done about 2/3 of DKH: Dead Rising. Just the Revenants left to paint.

You know... I might do some ultramarine bits to start Q2! 8O
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Angelwing » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:03 pm

Oddly enough, my razor wire had been sat in it's packet for years too. I still have the roll of road from GW shrink wrapped too. Not sure what to do with it though. I guess decide what lengths and mount on thin board. I also bought the resin bombs, booby traps and minefield marker set at the same time, and thats still wrapped...
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby Angelwing » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Okay, probably the last thing to get squeezed into this quarter: The Swarm Lord
ImageImage

I've not glued the torso to the legs, using a simple pin instead to make storage a bit easier.
I've also replaced the metal lash whip and bonesword on my forgeworld winged tyrant with the new plastic versions and put a small pin into the raised foot. I've done this to increase stability and ease the pressure on the left ankle. I was concerned it was going to snap under the weight and movement stress. No picture of this as it looks identical to it's pre op look.

Edit: got the 2 tyrannofexes ready for green stuff and magnets, the plastic flyrant has had it's first ink wash, the 2 tervigons have been basecoated and the first batch of ebay warriors have been paint stripped.
Also, that very kindly being Cain Tiberius has very generously sent me a batch of 3rd ed space hulk genestealers! :D
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Postby ruffian4 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Uploading photos is a right pain in the arse, took about 20 mins and 3 failures to get these old pics that I didn't want to show up (my computer, not the site).

Anyway, the two defilers done ...

killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby timewizard » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:37 pm

ruffian4 wrote: (my computer, not the site).

What the hell are you running Ruffian? A Commodore 64?? 8O

But, the defiliers on the other hand are top notch!
The time and effort you put into them shows through in the finished product. Very nice work mate!
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ruffian4 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:00 pm

timewizard wrote:What the hell are you running Ruffian? A Commodore 64?? 8O

Don't know but I'm in last place and have been overtaken by a bloke in a deep-sea diving suit. :(

The computers pretty low-rent, but it might have something to do with me kicking it up in the air (accidentally) whilst bouncing about on an office chair to muzak.
Various bits fell off. :mrgreen:

So, now, I can only use it in safe mode, anything else is soooo sloooow, it drives me up the wall and my cameras software doesn't work in sm and it doesn't show up as a mass storage device.

"Come on you f****r!"
"Not responding."

I am pleased with the defilers though, cheers!
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby Angelwing » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:04 pm

Really like the use of the old searchlight for the 'head' on the second one. I've never liked the generic daemon head at all.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Postby mattjgilbert » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:51 pm

mattjgilbert wrote:The first half of the quarter gives me a deadline for completing the undead. There's a KoW tournament mid-February which I'm hoping to get to.
COMPLETE!

mattjgilbert wrote:I'll also try to get the Mantic Orcs assembled so my mate Paul can paint them for me (to match the bulk of the army which he already did).
FAIL

mattjgilbert wrote:After that I'm not sure. I think at this stage I'll have to see how I feel when I get there. It would be good to finish off the Necrons or the Marines but I'm also keen to start trying Warpath and want to get the starter set there painted up.
FAIL

mattjgilbert wrote:We've been playing DKH quite a lot and I'd like to get those models painted up too. I also like Baragash's idea of mounting the models on clear plastic bases so you can still see the tiles underneath.
95% COMPLETE
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Angelwing » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Angelwing wrote:This quarter:
1. I must finish the chemical tank terrain piece.
2. start the bastion terrain piece.
3. Finish the hat and hair photoshoot work.

Check, check, check, plus loads of extras. A small commitment at the start of the quarter allows a 100% this time.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Previous

Return to Project Logs

Social Links