Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

FW 302 - Storm Eagle Gunship, Chaos Decimator Weapons

News and rumours

FW 302 - Storm Eagle Gunship, Chaos Decimator Weapons

Postby Spack » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:11 am

Hi there,
With the dust of the Forge World Open Day settling, we’re excited to announce that three of the pre-release kits we had on sale are now available to pre-order. We’ve also got a reminder about our presence at Salute 2012, for which we are currently taking reservation orders.

steagle1nl.jpg
steagle1nl.jpg (14.63 KiB) Viewed 2580 times
Space Marine Storm Eagle Gunship
The legendary mobility of the Adeptus Astartes has won planet-spanning conflicts with a single strike; providing the precise application of deadly force at the point where it proved most decisive. A Chapter’s fleet of attack craft is the keystone that makes this possible, and it is the iconic Thunderhawks and Drop Pods that are at the forefront. Craft such as the Storm Eagle Assault Gunship follow close behind to lend their weapons to the devastating assault.
A formidable gunship, the Storm Eagle mounts fearsome firepower for a vehicle of its size and is capable of transporting twenty Space Marines directly into the thick of an assault. The exact provenance of the Storm Eagle is unknown, but it bears clear similarities to the Stormravens employed by the Blood Angels and Grey Knights. Certain sources place the principal manufacture of the Storm Eagle upon Tigrus and Anvilus IX, both primary-grade Forge Worlds that suffered catastrophic damage during the Horus Heresy.
In recent decades the number of Storm Eagles in active service has begun to increase, especially amongst those Chapters known to have favourable relations with the Adeptus Mechanicus. This has lead some observers to believe that production has been restored at an as yet unknown location.

Designed by Stuart Williamson, the Storm Eagle is a complete resin and plastic kit which is packed with incredible design work, including a fully detailed interior. It is available to pre-order now for despatch from 27th April. You can also download experimental rules for this fantastic model from the Forge World website. You can also see the Storm Eagle in our latest video.

decimatornl.jpg
decimatornl.jpg (11.65 KiB) Viewed 2580 times
Chaos Decimator Weapons
Towering over even the mighty, and exceedingly rare, Contemptor Pattern Dreadnoughts of the Adeptus Astartes, the Decimator is believed to be an attempt to bolster the ranks of such ancient devices that still serve the Traitor Legions on the part of the shadowed, now near-mythical, Legio Cybernetica. If this is the truth, then the warriors of the Imperium may well yet tremble before the might of this colossus.
Inquisitorial savants do not know for sure what unknown and malefic party are responsible for the sinful innovation of the Decimator Daemon Engine, which is capable of fielding a wide range of armaments.

The Decimator Soulburner Petard and Heavy Conversion Beamer, designed by Daren Parrwood, are finely detailed resin weapons for the recently-released Decimator Daemon Engine, [url=http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/d/decimator.pdf]experimental rules[/urk] for which can be downloaded from the Forge World website now. These weapons are available to pre-order now for despatch from 27th April.

Forge World Events News:

Salute 2012, 21st April, ExCel, London

Forge World will be journeying to London’s ExCel centre for Salute 2012 on Saturday 21st April. We’ll be bringing a wide selection of our range of books, resin kits and modelling supplies, but due to the limited space that we have available at this event we recommend you places a reservation order to ensure we have exactly what you want, packed and waiting for you.
As with all our UK shows, Salute reservation orders are pre-paid to make the collection process quicker and easier, leaving you with more time to enjoy the rest of the event.

Please telephone the Customer Service team on 0115 900 4995 to place a reservation order. We will require your name, contact telephone number and e-mail address along with the list of products you wish to reserve, and you will need your card details to hand. We’ll need to receive your Salute reservation by Tuesday 17th April, and we’ll process the payment while you are on the phone. In the week before the event you’ll receive a confirmation e-mail containing your order number. This is your proof of payment, and you must bring this e-mail with you to claim your order.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: FW 302 - Storm Eagle Gunship, Chaos Decimator Weapons

Postby Cain Tiberius » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:19 am

So the general release is official now.

Nathanael
My BA Blog

Semper Fidelis
Cain Tiberius
Enforcer
Enforcer

Medals: 12
Gold (2) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (8)
Blog: View Blog (36)

Postby Spack » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:24 am

At least the rules aren't too complicated - saw lots of posts elsewhere about having 20 model capacity would mean it would mean structure points so it could take two units, nobody even considered that terminators and jump infantry take up 2 slots so it just means it can carry squads of 10 of those. Also Chaos gets to use it, 20pts cheaper too.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Cain Tiberius » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:45 am

Yeah, rules seem simple enough. But I see BA cant take it again... So, I think I'll stick to my original idea of outfitting it as a Raven.

Does anyone think FW will release a Stormbird some day? I'm told they are bigger than Thunderhawk.

Nathanael
My BA Blog

Semper Fidelis
Cain Tiberius
Enforcer
Enforcer

Medals: 12
Gold (2) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (8)
Blog: View Blog (36)

Postby DaBoss » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:01 pm

Spack wrote:At least the rules aren't too complicated - saw lots of posts elsewhere about having 20 model capacity would mean it would mean structure points so it could take two units, nobody even considered that terminators and jump infantry take up 2 slots so it just means it can carry squads of 10 of those. Also Chaos gets to use it, 20pts cheaper too.

Great news that Chaos can use it, though you do lose Machine Spirit but can upgrade back t o normal price with Daemonic Possession.
As 20 man capacity means Chaos can take their larger units in an assaulting transport.
I can see me flying in a 19 man Berserker unit led by Kharm.....Happy Days
DaBoss
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Blog: View Blog (43)

Return to 40K News & Rumours

Social Links