Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

(painting)imperial fist assault squad

Discussion of anything 40K related

(painting)imperial fist assault squad

Postby Freddie the fist » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Hey guys. Sorry if ive done this in a roundabout way but ive never posted pictures on here and wasnt sure if anyone will see my picture in mu album. Anyway this is my squad of imperial fist assault marines and im after a bit of feedback. Ive altered the way i paint them a bit wich results in them looking alot more dirty and weathered. Does it look too much? Do i need to ease up on the washes? Like i said let me know what you think. Cheers guys. gallery/v/Freddie+the+fist/2012-04-11+14_04_02.jpg.html
Freddie the fist
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Re: imperial fist assault squad

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:35 pm

Wotcha, I'm crap at painting someone else will surely comment soon (I think they look lovely).
They might turn up quicker if you posted in the painting forum (painting-modelling/) :wink: Would you like someone to move it for you?

On here, you can either
a) directly upload up to 3 pics into each post (the bit beneath the box with upload attachment). This is handy if your making a thread thats like a blog.They will however only go at the end of the post, you can't embed them in the middle of text etc.
or
b) use the gallery and after uploading to it....
i)in posting click "img" box(I'm not really used to)just auto wraps code around the location of your pictures which you have previously copy link locationed using your browser. Image
or
ii) use g2img which babysteps you through.. click it, it opens a window explorer of the gallery,find your folder, tick the pic you want.. then go to the top right and choose what kind of pic you want (I generally choose full image with link to gallery) then go to bottom and click submit.. you can do this for several images at once, so its handy if your wanting to show 18 pictures in a post.
If you click quote you should be able to see the code its used (I didn't type it the two posting buttons do that), theres probably a load more.. but those should work for what you want :D
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: (painting)imperial fist assault squad

Postby Freddie the fist » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Cheers mate ill give that a go.
Freddie the fist
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Spack » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:09 pm

I'd recommend using the TMBL code, copy and paste that from below each image - it creates a square thumbnail linked to the original which will use the lightbox wrapper to overlay each image in turn when clicked on. eg.

Nice painting. Often IF are far too bright yellow, I like your muted tones and it gives them a much more battle worn feel.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Ljundhammer » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:16 pm

I like them very much. I tried painting some marines yellow. Got bored by the 5th one! Yours are infinately superior. Recipe?

And I don't even get to say "Drill your gun barrels!" :(
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby Freddie the fist » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Thanks guys. Its taken me a while to get them looking like this but here goes. Undercoat skull white basecoat vomit brown. I used to fill all the joints and creases with devlin mud but now i just coat the whole mini. Highlight 50/50 vomit brown and bleached bone. Then highlight again in bleached bone. Then a light coat of the old gw yellow ink. then its just painting all the details. Trouble is my first 2 tactical squads are painted the same but look a lot more clean and tidy compared to my later models. I guess the newer ones have been "in country" a while.
Freddie the fist
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Freddie the fist » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Thanks guys. Its taken me a while to get them looking like this but here goes. Undercoat skull white basecoat vomit brown. I used to fill all the joints and creases with devlin mud but now i just coat the whole mini. Highlight 50/50 vomit brown and bleached bone. Then highlight again in bleached bone. Then a light coat of the old gw yellow ink. then its just painting all the details. Trouble is my first 2 tactical squads are painted the same but look a lot more clean and tidy compared to my later models. I guess the newer ones have been "in country" a while.
Freddie the fist
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Freddie the fist » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:57 pm

Oh and just for the record my gun barrels are always drilled. Its kinda a pet hate of mine lol.
Freddie the fist
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Cain Tiberius » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Very nice bud, first rate paint job :icon_thumleft I'm curious to see the tac squads now you've mentioned them.

Nathanael
My BA Blog

Semper Fidelis
Cain Tiberius
Enforcer
Enforcer

Medals: 12
Gold (2) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (8)
Blog: View Blog (36)

Postby Freddie the fist » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:20 am

In total i have 3 tactical squads 1 sternguard squad 2 rhinos a droppod pedro kantor painted in imperial fist colours and lysander all painted like this. ill get some more pics up tonight. thanks for the feedback.
Freddie the fist
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Return to 40K Discussion

Social Links