Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

N.E.R.V. Fleet for Star Trek Online

Discusson of Age of Titans for Star Trek Online

Moderator: Talus

Re: N.E.R.V. Fleet for Star Trek Online

Postby conscriptboris » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:44 pm

right, im playing, how do i join the fleet?

Elvis
conscriptboris
Elvis isnt Dead!
Commander

Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Talus » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:41 pm

you send me your @handle and i send you an invite!
Talus
Sir Hack'n'Slash!
Chief Justice

Medals: 25
Anvil's Hammer - 3rd Place (1) Gold (3) Silver (3) Bronze Wreath (1) Bronze (5)
Painting Entrant (12)

Postby Talus » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:21 pm

at the risk of sounding like a soppy little school girl

i just wanted to say thankyou to everyone who's signed up, the groups we've had the last few days have really made me enjoy the game again, and i mean REALLY enjoy the game!

and to boot, the fleet is doing better than ever! within the next couple of days we SHOULD have the first tier starbase made :)

so really, thankyou everyone :)
Talus
Sir Hack'n'Slash!
Chief Justice

Painting Entrant (12)

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:44 pm

tis an odd game. With other MMOs I've played you press alt and enter to switch it to windowed mode( e.g. doing something long, checking a web resource whilst playing etc) here it seems to be the windows key, but half the times I press it it causes the engine to crash whilst its minimising it..I've sent a bug report in about it, cos its a pain.
And I'll take a photo of interesting bits of web (e.g. Talus' instructions on changing uniforms)and look at them on my phone whilst playing I guess.

(Is it quiet (/not 20 servers ..not active forum etc) because its really new/really old or just badly supported?)
Still willing to give it a few more bashes :D
But I do have a limit on times I'll let stuff crash on me. :?

My system is tight, it ain't me.

EDIT...lol how much does it want to upload?? 700 meg to log that it can't shrink to taskbar? it can suck my chuddies :evil: .
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Talus » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:49 pm

alright, when you load the patcher, head to options at the top right (prefer you hit engage), and untick the box for full screen

then when in game, press esc and go to options, then display, and change it to windowed maximised

you'll be able to alt tab without crashing then

as for the forum, its active, you just have to be a gold member to see alot of it, and the servers quiet? since when? above your nav map, you have a button for change instance, there is a maximum of 40 people per instance and EVERY system/station/sector has its own instances, at any one time theres around 5k people in the game
Talus
Sir Hack'n'Slash!
Chief Justice

Painting Entrant (12)

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Talus wrote:there is a maximum of 40 people per instance and EVERY system/station/sector has its own instances, at any one time theres around 5k people in the game

I got stuck between academy and fps on my ship because I didn't talk to the right guy (well I did but the mission hasn't moved on from saying I need to talk to him. You might have spotted I get a lot of that with this for some reason).. and I saw that I could switch instances of academy. :D
But in the lawsuit against DDO, the plaintif suggests that they have roughly 60k of people on sometimes (and about 1.2 mill using it daily).. and DDO are very quiet about how many they have on as that would not help their case :) . (can't validate, may be BS)
I just mean quiet in that when I google answers to stuff aren't instantly popping up from the community like other games.(I might just be overthinking it :lol: )
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby timewizard » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Talus is doing a great job managing the direction we want the starbase to go.

He suggested to me (and I agree) that if anyone in the fleet jumps in, either on their own or with another fleet member, hold onto any fleet marks you get.

In other words, don't contribute them to any of the projects just yet.

Talus will put out a fleet message telling where we need the fleet marks to go, so if there's no message, or if you find that the project that was recommended is full, then just hold on to those fleet marks until directed.

We're close to getting the first tier which will give us fleet mail, then we think the projects change. We'll have to see.

Oh, and if you're anywhere near a bank, have a look at the fleet bank. Feel free to take what you might need and drop off whatever you don't.

So far the fleet is off to a good start, had a great time with Talus, Galador, Stryder and myself (once we got clear of the name confusion;)) hope to do it again soon!

Cheers all!
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby conscriptboris » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Talus pm sent,

Elvis
conscriptboris
Elvis isnt Dead!
Commander

Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Talus » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:50 pm

as far as the current starbase projects go,

6 more medical duty officers are required in the theoretical modeliing project (at time of this post)

and both of them require 180 marks

267 marks are needed in the special project, which needs to be filled as soon as possible

do NOT enter in a trader in that project, i spent 2million getting a guy to go in there, and its being held till the base upgrades are available, it has a 30 minute countdown on it to complete, and i cant take out the project lined up after it, only change it. so that will be changed to the fleet upgrade assignment when available

i keep reading conflicting reports about when the base upgrades will be available, some say its after 10 projects, other say its after all 3 (tac eng and sci) are tier 1, so we'll find out once we have the fleet marks to finish the projects in at the moment (currently 9 projects have been completed, 1 more (in theory) will give us access to the base upgrade)

will let you know
Talus
Sir Hack'n'Slash!
Chief Justice

Painting Entrant (12)

Previous

Return to Age of Titans

Social Links