Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Chaos release isn't awesome.

Discussion of anything 40K related

Re: Chaos release isn't awesome.

Postby killmaimburn » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:36 pm

Marks and icons are available on those guys, but of course they aren't going to have havocs move to troops just because of a mark.. that was the silly bit about all late 3rd/4th smurf and chaos lists..).. power balance aside the only thing thats terribly left out is the dreadnought (sonic weaponry, etc etc etc)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Baragash » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Icons + Marks is not Legion. Besides which it's WHF Hero-sniping 101 to punk the icon bearer with the first PS you get.
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby killmaimburn » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Just as it is snipe the sarge/special weapon. And why I vigorously support the reintroduction of marks over and above icons. My khornate assault berserker flying psychopaths don't cease being angry when one guy dies.
And yes they are a legion.. in my head. :wink:

As I say dreadnought is again the only really poor done in fellow, and now we can't even cynically bitch about it being because of the old model.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby BANE » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:21 pm

But is chaos 40k legion? I thought that's what HH is going to be. Having looked it over again I would happily play this codex, if I didn't have so much invested in the various SM ranges and now a unstarted DE I would glady build a chaos list as some of the models are awesome.
BANE
Captain
Captain

Postby Baragash » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:00 pm

HH is set in 30k not 40k, it's a different thing with very little actual Chaos present.

Would it be satisfying if the next C:SM release declared C:BA null and void but taking Dante allowed you to take Assault Squads as Troops/made them scoring and replaced Combat Tactics with Red Thirst?

Would it be satisfying if the next C:SM release declared C:DA null and void but taking Azriel allowed you to take Terminator Squads as Troops (cos you can already take Bikes as Troops through an existing mechanism so that's covered)?
My Hobby Blog!
Gallery
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Postby Stunty » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:13 pm

so since the new C:CSM you cant use codex word bearers? bummer
Stunty
Destroyer
Destroyer

Postby Baragash » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Since I don't have a Word Bearers army that's not relevant for me.

Would you like a corn field to stand your strawman in? <- see I can make arguments that are sarcastic too ;)

EDIT: aside from being a complete logic failure, don't forget there was a Word Bearers sub-list in the 3.5 Edition so yes, Codex Word Bearers has already been taken away, so please have a second slice of fail. For Bane's benefit, that was the one where the Designer's Notes started "overwhelming feedback was that Chaos players wanted Legions".
My Hobby Blog!
Gallery
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Postby BANE » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:48 pm

Actually that IS the way I think SM should be done! One codex that covers all the chapters, with chapter HQs and characters unlocking different units and foc. It would free up GW time on working on theses dexs separately and would maybe allow for all codexs to be updated during the lifespan of an edition, so yes I would be satisfied with it. Maybe the depth of the background needed to fire your imagine is greater than mine.

Just for clarity, as a amature rules writer what would you have done differently?
BANE
Captain
Captain

Postby Stryder » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Bane i agree with that but GW have put so much work developing so many different unit types for SM that they need a main codex and reference codexes to show what is available....if they do it all in one book that is going almost to be as big as the rulebook
Stryder

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Stunty » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Got my codex through today (cheers Gav/Nige), might have to start a new army :)
Stunty
Destroyer
Destroyer

Postby Cain Tiberius » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:28 pm

I agree it's unfair that Space Marines have 5 codecies (not including C:GK) where as all other races including C:CSM, only have 1.
I also agree that if GW focused on a single Codex for all Marines, then they'd have more time to develope all the Codecies for every new Edition of 40k.
But I do object to GW's Blue Boy Fandom in C:SM. By that I mean, if you collect/play Imperal/Crimson Fists, Raven Guard, White Scars or Salamanders..., are you really happy with 1 special character/unit and 1 picture in an otherwise Ultrasurf Fandex?

I wouldn't have a problem them combining them all back into a single Codex, just have say 2,3 or even 4 special characters from the named Chapters that unlock various units. Or even Chapter Traits.

My point is, I wouldn't have a problem loosing my C:BA if the 40k game benifited in other ways.
My BA Blog

Semper Fidelis
Cain Tiberius
Enforcer
Enforcer

Medals: 12
Gold (2) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (8)
Blog: View Blog (36)

Previous

Return to 40K Discussion

Social Links