Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

tau codex

Discussion of anything 40K related

tau codex

Postby harbo1993 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:18 am

does anyone know when there will be a new tau codex and what new stuff it will include
harbo1993

Re: tau codex

Postby Darklighter » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:40 am

Nothing solid has come up on the rumour mill. The best line of thought I've seen is that the current experimental equipment will see a wide spread implementation. And that some FW units like XV-9s and tetras will be in the main codex (like they did with piranhas).
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

Medals: 19
Gold (3) Silver (2) Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (13)

Postby mattjgilbert » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:26 pm

I thought early 2013 was the rumour at one point for the new codex?
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby markb » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:22 pm

I'd heard that the release would be possibly Q2 next year, after the DA Codex and possibly the new HE army book. As Darklighter says the rumours doing the rounds are that the experimental stuff will become standard issue, this was the way GW were supposed to be going with the Tau which is why the rail rifle was an experimental weapon after the 3rd ed Codex was released (complete with gets hot rule) and became standard issue in the last Codex minus the gets hot rule. Admittedly this was before Matt "Fluff Mangler" Ward got hold of 40K so this will probably change. Also there's a rumour that the smallest FW Tau flyer (forget the name of it) will make it in to the main list along with some new auxillery units, heard that it would possibly be Squats.
"The guns have stopped because we are at last about to attack. Even our generals aren't mad enough to shell their own men, they think its far more sporting to let the Germans do it!"

Capt Edmund Blackadder, the Somme, 1917.

markb
Captain
Captain

Location: On a high plains desert somewhere near Uzbekistan, lets leave it at that
Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)

Postby Darklighter » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:05 pm

The tau flyer is a Barracuda. I'd like it to be in the main dex but needs to be recosted as it's a little bit expencive for what it can do.
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

Medals: 19
Gold (3) Silver (2) Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (13)

Return to 40K Discussion

Social Links