Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Grots in a can

Post your army lists here!

Grots in a can

Postby DoctorTom » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:36 pm

Inspired by an earlier Doc Grotsnik question, and feeling Dared on Warseer by someone complaining about Apocaplypse "FOC Charts" leading to stupid armies, I felt it necessary to point out that you can end up with stupid armies in 40k.

The more I looked at it, the more amused I was though and might want ot actually see it in battle sometime.

Anyway, here goes
Mad Doc Grotsnik

4 Units of 30 Gretchin, 3 runtherds with Grot pods, all with Cybork bodies

2 Zzap Guns, 5 extra grots for the unit, Runtherd with grot pod, all with Cybork bodies (including the 2 original crew on each gun)

1500 points

Just the idea of all those grots getting invulnerable saves.... :twisted:
DoctorTom
Exarch
Exarch

Postby jlong05 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:27 am

That would be a seriously fun army to play. Both with and against I would think.

Too funny!
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.

jlong05
Master Jedi
Commander

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Angelwing » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:09 pm

very good! it would be a hell of a surprise to pull this lot out of the case.

*reaches for gnoblar boxsets*

no! must resist buying more orks!
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby Culven » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:13 pm

Angelwing wrote:no! must resist buying more orks!

Good luck. :roll:
I have too much 40K stuff as it is and I have found myself planning a Mek army (Deathskulls or my own Mek clan, decisions, decisions). Argh! There I go again...and I don't even have any Orks. Maybe just a Combat Patrol...no...must...resist... *Resistance is futile* No...... 8O
Culven
Commander, Catachan XIII "Black Cats"
Pray that a Black Cat never crosses your path.
Culven
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:49 pm

Culven wrote:Maybe just a Combat Patrol...

^those 5 words are usually my downfall too. :cry: :P

been able to resist the Orks so far... although il have to have another look and see if theres anything i need a set of rules for it to "count as"...

:roll:

~ Tim
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby Culven » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:03 pm

LordMalekTheRedKnight wrote:been able to resist the Orks so far... although il have to have another look and see if theres anything i need a set of rules for it to "count as"...

Good thing the Ork rules wouldn't lend themselves to a band of humans living out in the Ash Wastes using scrap to build their weapons and vehicles. Or could they...?
Culven
Culven
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Postby DoctorTom » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:10 pm

A lot of army lists I come up with come out of the idea of "what else can I do with dwarf models" - the Redneck Dwarf "Speed Freeks" army lists came from that. I was starting to actually paint models and go beyond some 'counts as' vehicles when I knew the new Codex was coming out. But, I'll get back to that list if I don't try to go out and do the Grot list now.

Or put together my 1KSons list, using modded Necron figures for the 1Ksons units.....

Or the goblin figures I bought for doing a WH/Inquisition list with them.... (though I do want to see Squat Speed Freeks vs. Goblin Inquisition sometime :D)

Or going back and re-figuring exactly how I was going to do the Eldar Exodite list with the Tyranid Codex....

Or.....;)
DoctorTom
Exarch
Exarch

Postby Culven » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:24 pm

I know what you mean. ;)

I have a large Empire army that will eventually become another one of my IG armies. :D

I also have a few Grots and a knocked-up "Looted" Chimera for my Rebel Grots Combat Patrol, also using IG rules. I can't wait until I finally move my "Looted" Chimera up to unload a pack of Squigs (Warrior Weapons, Hardened Fighters, Die Hards) on the enemy. :D
Culven
Culven
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Postby killmaimburn » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:05 am

DoctorTom wrote:Or put together my 1KSons list, using modded Necron figures for the 1Ksons units.....

Novel, I think I prefer the fellas who use tomb kings tho :D
I'm currently being a tad venomous and using my thousand son squads to represent the old ways... in the new ways, so if you see a thousand son on the table this week it might be one of 27 terminators with the icon of tzeentch in 1850. :icon_scratch
I'm currently staring at my LATD\counts as\ scraps boxse (3 of them the size of the 3rd ed 40k starter box) working out what I can do with it.. awfull lot of old brettonians (lots of archers (40) some hth (30)) lots of dark elfs with capes (50ish)(counted as leaping mutants- now may be demonnettes- since the 100 demonnette hoard+ 2 DPS 1500 seems to be the obvious cheese in the next dex) and an incredible amount of those one pose chaos knights\warriors (I think I saw on ebay 80 of them for £2 and bought them before brain had engaged) I also have 3 tupperware boxes of nasty fantasy orcs, I got them because it was the cheapest way to get fleash hounds the other 80 models I just couldn't bin(note this is why I don't trade here, if it ain't an army for a penny I'm not interested :lol: ) (could be boyz I guess) and about 1850 of nids (mostly stealers some warriors some gaunts)I'm just twiddling my thumbs over...oh yeah and a small amount of undead and zoats. For chaos and imperials, near on everything has a place, even those 5 ancient techmarines, but I do have near on 60 beserkers, who will probably be some sort of demon with a bit of cutting and slashing (cos nobody needs 80 beserkers :oops: ) and a fist full of old led nasty guard.
Basically from here on I really ought to be putting a bit of effort in and having counts as armies for everything.
(and yes I did have to go up into the attic to look at that lot :wink:
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DoctorTom » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:13 pm

I refuse to use the 'normal' *gaak* Chaos Space Marine troop choice in a 1k Sons list since it just doesn't feel right to me.

I will, however, consider using Bikers, since the idea of Turboboosting Icon Delivery Systems who get a 2+ Invulnerable Save when they Turboboost is just too sweet. (Have also considered it as a potential Greater Daemon delivery system as well as getting Lesser Daemons up to the front lines quickly). Chaos Lord on a Bike with MoT and Daemon Weapon might be sweet too - picking off people with his ranged AP3 Daemon Weapon shots (if the weapon behaves ;) ).

I wasn't doing Tomb Kings though because I'm using skeletons, replacing the heads with round beads to make giant eyeballs, giving them an Egyptian necklace/mantle (whatever they call it) and using those as Lesser Daemons. The Necron bodies would look more like SM Armor 'morphed' into skeletal vessels (when I get them assembled they'll still have CSM backpacks and bolters, though I'm thinking of integrating some translucent blue rods into the bolters the way Necrons do the green rods).
DoctorTom
Exarch
Exarch

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links