Ok the team is currently as follows;

Bane
King
Darklighter
Markb
Red devil
KMB
LH

Names can be changed, removed or added just let me know.

I am going to suggest Rampage 2013 held in Bristol on 27/28 April. Details here http://battlecult.wordpress.com/

I think its a good first event as there is tickets available and there is plenty of time before the event to sort stuff out, from what I have read we could reserve the tickets before payment giving us some flexabilty. I will looking into a transport and accommadation plan to minimise costs.

Let me know if your interested and I can move things on.

If you have any alternatives to suggest could you do it by pm as I don't want this thread to fracture into 7 different events with one person attending each, sort of defeats the point.
BANE
Captain
Captain

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: AoS National Tournament Team

Postby markb » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:20 pm

I can officially rule myself out of that one as I go back to work on 12th March and won't be back again until towards the end of May.
"The guns have stopped because we are at last about to attack. Even our generals aren't mad enough to shell their own men, they think its far more sporting to let the Germans do it!"

Capt Edmund Blackadder, the Somme, 1917.

markb
Captain
Captain

Location: On a high plains desert somewhere near Uzbekistan, lets leave it at that
Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:27 pm

highlights 1750 within 2.5 hours.
bloke with car staying overnight to game is £105+food (I'm guessing pooling stuff we might whittle that down a bit)
bastions and fortifications are av12, forgeworld 40k approved is 0-1.

over the weekend I'll check calendar and see if I can play that fast in that bracket comfortably...first opinions its not 100%ideal for me.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Darklighter » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:41 pm

The FW isn't a flat 0-1. The rule is to stop people spamming FW units you can still have multiple differing units from FW, but it does rules out my tau as I'd not be able to take 2 Barracuda in one list.

Al you'd have to let me know what you could get the cost down to. I'd be more interested in the one day events (cheeper and takes less childcare arrangments). Or I could just curl up on someones back seat for the night, lol.

As for time, that's plenty enough to get through a game even if you don't plan your list correctly.
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

Medals: 19
Gold (3) Silver (2) Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (13)

Postby BANE » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:29 am

The cost would be nowhere near what first glance suggests, just basic digging found hotel for £30, there is a couple of one day and team events I can look into. Looking at the GW onesthe tickets are expensive which means no amount of forward planning can really reduce cost as the ticket price ain't going to change.
BANE
Captain
Captain

Postby killmaimburn » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:04 am

Darklighter wrote:The FW isn't a flat 0-1.
Pants your right, and they allow proxies so its gonna be battle of the storm eagle vs different types of sabre platform and hyrda platform to get round the cap. On the plus side, from the whole "must be stamped", that only came in in IA11ish(??release date wise) so no alphastrike CCdreadnought 1stturn assaults to get round all of 6th.

Darklighter wrote:As for time, that's plenty enough to get through a game even if you don't plan your list correctly.

Think of a nice flowing river in the highlands for a while.. your watching the the foaming churning water and breathe. :)

Meh, Not for me.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Darklighter » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:46 pm

BANE wrote:The cost would be nowhere near what first glance suggests, just basic digging found hotel for £30, there is a couple of one day and team events I can look into. Looking at the GW onesthe tickets are expensive which means no amount of forward planning can really reduce cost as the ticket price ain't going to change.

It's not that I can't make two day tournies it's just that I'd be able to make more of the one day events. I'd don't mind giving GW ones a miss, I'd rather not do ToS as the recent changes make it impossible to win all your games and win (my last doubles partner got stung with that).

My dad (being a shop fitter) has been in and out of brisol quite a bit and he said we should be able to find diggs for around £25 just out of town in fishponds, but £30 should be fine. Also is that per room or person? I don't mind sharing or slumming it on a floor/sofa.

KMB,
I wasn't trying to say you're doing anything wrong Just that time limit is one of the things we need to consider when making lists. e.g. no point running a guard blob army or foot sloggin' warggh list if your not going to get past turn 2 due to set up and movment.
Last edited by Darklighter on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

Postby Baragash » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:45 pm

@KMB - IIRC Imperial Armour Apocalypse Second Edition stamped everything including the Lucius Pod, though that just leaves a BRB versus IAA2nd issue rather than clearing it all up.
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby killmaimburn » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:21 pm

Darklighter wrote:KMB,
I wasn't trying to say you're doing anything wrong Just that time limit is one of the things we need to consider when making lists. e.g. no point running a guard blob army or foot sloggin' warggh list if your not going to get past turn 2 due to set up and movment.
Sorry for misinterpreting you. :)

being up at that points bracket I'm trying to work out what LH would bring if he couldn't take a couple of blobs for scoring. :? Mechvets +greyknights?? (but I appreciate same as it ever was.. you don't see green tide at tourneys because ....)
Baragash wrote:@KMB - IIRC Imperial Armour Apocalypse Second Edition stamped everything including the Lucius Pod, though that just leaves a BRB versus IAA2nd issue rather than clearing it all up.

Dammit man, stop being on point. :lol: Yeah that redux does have a 40k stamp all over it..so everything expensive has to have a transport or be able to come off reserve in case someone brings one of those.. 8O.
If redcar lot have no idea what I'm talking about you might want to proxy one into a game some time..(my *overlong* apoc vid has one tearing up pretty much everything)
Actually.. in this world of flamers being more than just flamer bomb..its probably about the same points damage wise as that and the solution is the same.. maybe I'm just being hysterical.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Darklighter » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:27 pm

It's just a shame BA's can't take one in a standard game!
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

Postby Darklighter » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Any news on travel cost yet?
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

PostThis post was deleted by Darklighter on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:00 pm.

Postby BANE » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:22 pm

I cant really work out travel and accomadation costs out any better than a rough guess until i have a idea of who is planning to attend, once i know that (the sooner the better) i can look at group hotel bookings and travel costs (car sharing) etc. At the minute there is rooms available from as little as £20 per night, these will disapper in time, travel will range on how far you are travelling (obviously) but i would say from the NEast maybe get a hire car (or someones private car) for £100 for weekend plus £60 fuel, pick up LH and/or KMB on route split the cost around £40 each. So with tickets about £100 for the weekend. Around the same as a good night out in town.
BANE
Captain
Captain

Postby skywalker » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:10 pm

If you are looking for local independent tournaments have a look at Games of War in Seaham they run tournaments on a semi regular basis.
www.gamesofwar.co.uk
If you register on this site you will get emails of up and coming events
skywalker
Cannon Fodder

Postby Darklighter » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:50 pm

Could we not maybe go by coach I believe (If I've used the site correctly) that's possible to get from Boro to Bristol (based on a 4 person booking) for £10 per person each way.
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

Next

Return to 40K Discussion

Social Links