Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Fluffy lists, i doubledog mutherfudging dare you.

Post your army lists here!

Re: Fluffy lists, i doubledog mutherfudging dare you.

Postby killmaimburn » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:36 pm

Oh thats such a leading question I think we can have a 180o we are now a thread about what 1 or 2 nids do to hives
the FIRST image I saw for gw was a gash one of a minotaur (the one with the club- terrible pic)..
the first 40k image I saw was some space hulk librarians psychic shield..
but the first pic that made me say I wuv you little toys..was this one \/ \/

I think I had it cut out the magazine on my wall somewhere in the collage as a kid.

basically all cults are the enemy within, you know how you read in the horus heresy books about the lectio divinicus and how hidden cults of 'emprah must be god' are roaming around the place as religion is a useful tool of oppression. and how the bear cult etc are floating round to get people to join traitor legions.. well before nids were "they eat everything"fluff.. you'd have one land on a planet and be the most persuasive vampire cult leader awesome freaknut on the planet.. he'd have a load of crossspecies hybrids maybe one or 2 purestrain genestealers hiding in a closet somewhere.. but mostly just thralls.
Angelwing and ruffian could probably write a good long essay on their history,demise as sublist and resurection.
(of course if someone wants to post another list they can do that too I guess).
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby KInG » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:06 am

so allies can allow this to be really fluffy then - IG and Nids mix??

But Ruffian has Daemons in his list :|
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby ruffian4 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:04 am

Once upon a time in a grimdark galaxy far far away ...

Stealer cults were once a big part of the background.
Before tyranids, stealers were pretty much a race of their own, they infiltrated alien societies, hypnotised victims and implanted genetic material in order to reproduce.

Sucessive generations were human/whatever stealer hybrids until we get back to purestrains again.
The cults were just "lebensborn" sex pot breeding centres intent on taking over their host society.

Later, stealers were "refluffed" as vanguard organisms for the hive fleets.

I have daemons in my list, yes, because I can't have nids.
The closest "counts as" to a high initiative, solely close combat rending claw armed thingimagig is a daemonette.

For eg, if penal legionaires could choose the rending ability, I would use those as hybrids, but I can't (orville).
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby Red Devil » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:48 pm

killmaimburn wrote:I like hestan lists.. personally I think it works really well. I think your dread needs a pod (although the chapter were nearly wiped out in a drop site massacre) and I think your tactical squads need rhinos and combi (meltas or flamers)..
Ruleswise he won't effect the redeemers flamers but its quite fluffy to take them anyway. Stick hestan in there.
I'd consider (with playtesting and seeing how you feel..) dropping the regular transportless termies so you can do all the above in the same bracket.
I find it hard to reconcile that nearly all elites/pyrae were wiped out.. but that they have a huge chunk of thundernators..I'm not sure where the fluff canon (this week) lies.
For just pure fluff(as in rubbish) it would be cool to fit in a librarian with pyromancy powers.. their librarians did that.
There isn't much stuff for 6th in there but thats kind of fluffy, they lost their flyers. They just have shed loads of artificer armour and master crafting., to coin the ultimate lazymans phrase lets see what happens to the salamanders in 6 weeks time. :lol:

I know he doesn't effect redeemer flamers, but in terms of the fire and short-range fire-fight loving marines fluff, it works for me!

I have alternate an alternate list where the "normal" termintors are replaced by melta, rhinos (for tacticals) and a pod for the dreadnought, but I read fluff somewhere that Salamanders, despite their low numbers, have a disproportionate amount of terminator armour because they are all artificiers who maintain their own wargear, etc. So from a fluff view, extra terminators kinda worked.

I like the Librarian idea! I also think there needs to be a techmarine, even if he does nothing (except maybe man a Thunderfire cannon!)...
Red Devil
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Ljundhammer » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:23 am

Here we go with a new SM list. Space marines come in to save the beleaguered guardsmen camped in their defence lines.

1850 SM Angels of Death strike force:

Chapter traits - Salamanders (natch)

HQ: Chapter master - 235 (rides with Honour Guard)
Artificer, Storm shield, plasma pistol (free Mater craft), burning blade (not a weapon so I don't think I can MC this)

HQ: Honour guard - 245
7 strong, chapter banner, drop pod

Elite: Sternguard - 200
sarge with MC grav pistol, 2 x combi-melta, 1 x heavy flmer, drop pod

Elite: Sternguard - 200
sarge with MC grav pistol, 2 x combi-melta, 1 x heavy flmer, drop pod

Troop: Tactical squad - 130
sarge with MC combi-plasma, plasma gun, drop pod

Aegis defence line - 100
Quad gun

IG detachment:
HQ: CCS - 80 (rides in vendetta)
2 x plasma gun

Troop: Platoon - 270
PCS, naked, mans defence line until dead
4 x troops squads with auto cannons

Fast: Vendetta - 130
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby Baragash » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:29 am

I didn't find many of the lists in here particularly fluffy TBH.

Re Burning Blade above, isn't there a comment somewhere that says something to the effect of "has profile = weapon"?
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby KInG » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:27 am

You didn't find my khorne list fluffy? :/
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Baragash » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:59 am

Make all the units 8 models then we're talking :P

(Actually I don't find mono-God lists any more or less fluffy than mixed-God lists TBH, so really running all units in sacred numbers is the only real way to invoke fluff IMO).
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby Red Devil » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:32 pm

Why wasn't my Salamanders list fluffy? :/
Red Devil
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Ljundhammer » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Everyone has a different interpretation of what fluff is.

Given the vastness of the 40k galaxy - I'm of the opinion that anything (even rending ponies and female marines) can be justified.

Presenting the 40k universe's fluff in a tiny skirmish on 40k scale terms will never work.

Do what you like.
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby killmaimburn » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:46 pm

I quite fancy making an iron hands master of the forge list with a load of dreads..mostly allied with some GK codex allies, cheap inq.. assassins (/ robots- possibly use spacecrusade space androids) and crusaders.. just a silly in your face list from mars.
EDit- I would post it, but the embargo on using list builders is still in effect and I'm way too lazy/busy..(pick one)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby KInG » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:53 am

Lazy. :)
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Spack » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:31 am

killmaimburn wrote:I quite fancy making an iron hands master of the forge list with a load of dreads..mostly allied with some GK codex allies, cheap inq.. assassins (/ robots- possibly use spacecrusade space androids) and crusaders.. just a silly in your face list from mars.
EDit- I would post it, but the embargo on using list builders is still in effect and I'm way too lazy/busy..(pick one)

*looks at 40k collection* ... Techmarines (at least 2 with harnesses, plus another 5 or 6 normal ones), check ... servitors, 6, check ... techpriests, 10, check ... boxy Dreadnoughts, 12, check ... GKs, lots, check ... inquisitors, 3+, check ... stormtroopers,lots, check ... assassins, 6, check ... RT era dreads as robots, 3, check ... now all I need is a list :)

Embargo? What embargo? If you gave up on AB because of the yearly license renewal, good news - it no longer requires renewal, any current license is now permanent; expired licenses still need a one-time renewal though.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby KInG » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:33 pm

10 tech priests !!!?
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Spack » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:57 pm

What's wrong with 10 techpriests? :) Miscounted, seems I've got 11, possibly 12. Got the Skullz limited edition set, so that's 6 plus 2 servitors plus scribe.

Image Image

In the pic below the group front centre is the 9 models above. Behind them are two RT era priests, one in power armour and one with rags over his armour. On the right is a Techmarine with harness (I think I've got another one with harness, the limited edition one with helmet, but haven't got pics of it so might be mistaken), with 3 normal Techmarines behind. On the left is the FW techpriest, with 2 IG techpriests behind him and 5 servitors.

That pic has a total of 11 Techpriests, 4 Techmarines, 7 servitors, and 1 scribe. And I'm pretty sure I have another RT era priest in a box somewhere, shown in the following pic as "Adeptus Mechanicus 2" (1 and 3 are the two in the pic above behind the Skullz figures) along with the two servitors on the right:

rt-techpriests.jpg

Got to keep my tanks in battle ready condition somehow :D

All hail the Omnissiah ...
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

PreviousNext

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links