Forgot Password?

Merchandise

40K 7th Edition

6.45pm Monday - Downley community centre, School close, Downley HP13 5TR

Moderators: BigJim, Jimster

40K 7th Edition

Postby battletank » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi Guys,

With 7th edition around the corner does this mean my expensive rulebook is now useless? All the stores have pulled the rulebook but what happens to Dark Vengance? I read that 7th edition will merge the Stronghold, Death from the Skies and Escalation etc together with some rules changing.

I didn't get much ownership ( less than 2 years) from that rulebook, does anyone have any update? :cry:
battletank
Initiate
Initiate

Re: 40K 7th Edition

Postby timewizard » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:05 pm

Just the same rumors you heard. It is supposed to incorparate allies, stronghold, escalation, etc. into one book.

It's not going to be 7th edition, just basically a "Rulebook 6.5".

My questions are;

How much are we going to be charged for this "patch"?

When did Bill Gates buy out GW? (because it sounds like the same stuff he's been doing with windows since day 1!)
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby KInG » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:18 pm

what about people like me who have bought either the books, the digital versions, or in some cases, both :(
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby timewizard » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:26 pm

GW appreciates your support! ;)
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby KInG » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:33 am

Lol
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby battletank » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:10 am

Seem's strange that they are releasing this so soon, 6th Edition isn't the best but certainly wasn't the worst. 2 years doesn't seem much ownership given that I paid over £120 for the limited edition package when it first came out. Someone said there will be some news in May's White Dwarf.

If anything I really hope they scrap *First Blood* :P
battletank
Initiate
Initiate

Postby gleep » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:48 am

I dont mind First blood, it the stupid Challenge system, Fantasy warhammer yes, 40k NO.... i could even live with the random charge distance if i had to..
gleep
Warrior
Warrior

Postby battletank » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:40 pm

It will be interesting to see what happens and what changes, Andy why do you thinkthey are updating it so soon, did they have bad feedback from gamers?
battletank
Initiate
Initiate

Postby berger15 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:06 pm

I think there was some general "bad" feeling about the rules. I kow there are fewer 40K games at our club than there used to be. I'm waiting for another reboot myself as I didn't like quite a few of the changes.

If I was new to the game, I don't think the rules would put me off too much - they are probably not that bad. But there does seem to be quite a lot of "ill-feeling" toward the rules. And as the saying goes, bad news travels fast. There are probably more people happy with the rules than not - they are just not as vocal about their feelings until the damage is done. Shame really.
Last edited by berger15 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D&D quote of the decade:"Wait, doesn't anyone have a Rod of Resurrection? If you've got one, I need it bad. Get in here with your rod and give it to me!"
berger15
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby battletank » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:24 pm

I agree with that, I have noticed that no one plays blood angels anymore and it is difficult to field a Chaos Khorne Theme army etc.

I think as well that 6th edition has made some games imbalanced on the field.

However I doubt they will ever produce a perfect set of rules. :cry:
battletank
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Ljundhammer » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:39 pm

battletank wrote:However I doubt they will ever produce a perfect set of rules. :cry:

They can't - not in the business model. You can't release updates & new editions to perfect rules.

Good rules would be an improvement.

5th edition again would be prefereable to another botch job. I remember stopping playing because I was bored of 5th. How naive I was...

That said, I won't be buying 6.1th / 7th until I see what others have said for a least a 6th month period. One bitten...
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby KInG » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:16 pm

played a big game with all holds barred the other night at club without a hitch everyone had a good laugh and the game went quite well considering we had three hours and 8 players. the rules in any game can always be better, I don't think 6th rules are bad. if you basing your judgement on what ur read online then your not gonna like it because happy ppl don't post moans online.. they're too busy having fun playing games :)
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Baragash » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:43 pm

Ljundhammer wrote:
battletank wrote:However I doubt they will ever produce a perfect set of rules. :cry:

They can't - not in the business model. You can't release updates & new editions to perfect rules.

Good rules would be an improvement.

5th edition again would be prefereable to another botch job. I remember stopping playing because I was bored of 5th. How naive I was...

That said, I won't be buying 6.1th / 7th until I see what others have said for a least a 6th month period. One bitten...

^All of this! Having good rules doesn't prevent you from a rolling model of updates, they'll always be units or rules that don't quite work out, or new/better ideas that occur over time/are inspired by other games, or a general need to tidy things up.

I'm sure they'll release some Citadel Finelube for people's wallets.

EDIT for facetiousness: 3 hours Nige? Sounds like not enough D-weapons to me :lol:
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby Angelwing » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:57 pm

Ljundhammer wrote: I remember stopping playing because I was bored of 5th. How naive I was...

Perhaps you were more bored of the naff main rule book missions? My group were, so we used the 3rd / 4th ed missions, plus cityfight and 3rd ed codex missions. We do this in 6th as well.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby BDA » Thu May 01, 2014 12:25 am

i have heard a rumor the new box set will but guard vs Eldar but large lump of salt should be taken with this lol.

from the bits i have heard 7th will tweak some existing rules and incorporate things like lords of war but this is me reading between the lines.
BDA
Exarch
Exarch

Next

Return to Armageddon Inc

Social Links