Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Canon Camera Kit

Got figures to sell? Or something you want? Post ads for sales, trades, or wants, and see if any other members can help out

Canon Camera Kit

Postby _stu_ » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:13 pm

On the off chance anyone is interested, I'm looking at selling on my current kit as I'm hoping to upgrade before baby warner arrives - or at least thats the 'official' way to justify it - I really just want some new shiny :)

Canon 600D boxed with charger etc
Battery Grip (including timer) and +5 batteries
Sigma 10-20
Canon 18-55
Canon 55-250
Accessories including cable shutter release, a couple of memory cards (probably an 8gig and some smaller ones), and some other bits and pieces to make up a starter bundle. Could also throw in a bag if needed.

It's really served me well and I've been able to learn a lot in the time I've had it all - it would make a great starter bundle for someone looking to get into the hobby. Give me a shout if you want more info or pics

Stu
Attachments
all.jpg
Facebook @ Lividfish Paints
_stu_
Darth Addictus
Veteran Sergeant

Medals: 16
Anvil's Hammer - 2nd Place (1) Gold Wreath (1) Gold (3) Silver (4) Painting Entrant (7)

Re: Canon Camera Kit

Postby Darklighter » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:44 pm

It looks like an awesome bundle. I'm just not sure I could offer you anywhere near the money it'll be worth. Have you got a price in mind. I'm also a total newb could you give a brief overview of what the different lenses are for and please don't say the camera?
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

Medals: 19
Gold (3) Silver (2) Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (13)

Postby _stu_ » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:04 pm

It's a cracking set of kit, and I'll be sad to see it go as we've got on really well over the past three years or so.

In terms of the lenses, the 18-55 is pretty much a standard 'walkabout' lens. You can use it for most things from general landscapes (at the 18mm or 'wide' end) in to fairly close 'portrait' style shots at the longer end (55mm). It's quite a versatile range to have on the camera, and falls in to the category of standard lens. Most cameras in this price bracket come with an 18-55 to get people started. The 10-20 sigma is classed as an 'ultra-wide' lens. Generally used for landscape and architectural stuff. This one's a favourite of mine and is rarely off the camera. The 55-250 is a 'telephoto' zoom - what most people would classify as a typical zoom lens. It brings stuff closer and lets you fill the frame with the subject.

Price wise, I've posted it to facebook and a couple of other frequent haunts for offers in the region of £725 plus postage for the lot (posting lenses has cost me a small unexpected fortune in the past!), and that would include the body, grip, batteries and lenses, along with as many extras as I can justify bundling in with it. From memory of what's in the camera spares box, there would be a remote release cable (useful when using a tripod), a couple of memory cards, some basic screw in filters (UV/Polarizer/ND), and some other bits and bobs (I don't just hoard gaming stuff, I think it's a deep-running character trait).

If I'm honest, I'm looking for a fairly quick sale (one new body I had my eye on has already sold within my budget), and I'd much rather it went to someone that's going to make good use of it and hopefully get hooked the way I have. With that in mind, I'd be able to drop the bundle down to something like £630 all in - and could probably drive through to deliver rather than put any trust in parcel farce, royal fail or dh hell. Would also be good to put a face to a name :) I've had some interest in things if I decide to split, so breaking a bundle out of the full kit wouldn't be a problem either if that suited better.

For pics, a lot of my pics are on flickr @ https://www.flickr.com/photos/lividfish/sets

I haven't really tagged my photos as well as I should, but most of what is on here was taken with the camera and one of the three lenses I'm selling - big exceptions are our trip to Skye (I was test-driving a 24-105L that I later bought), and the Sunderland Airshow (used a big 150-500 that I've now sold on to fund other upgrades). Any questions about any of the pics just ask ;)
_stu_
Darth Addictus
Veteran Sergeant

Anvil's Hammer - 2nd Place (1) Gold Wreath (1) Gold (3) Silver (4) Painting Entrant (7)

Postby Darklighter » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Wow just looking at your flicker account you have a real talent with a camera. I'm more than sure your kit is well worth every penny, but my budget just will not stretch that far at the moment. Thanks for the info though and I wish you luck in finding it a new home. I'm off to go look at more of your lovely pictures :)
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

Medals: 19
Gold (3) Silver (2) Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (13)

Postby _stu_ » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:07 pm

No worries :)

Thanks for taking the time out to look at the pics on flickr. It's been a bit wierd since moving that I havent been out anywhere near as often as I used to - although I've well and truly got the itch back in the past few weeks. Hoping to get down to the beach tomorrow night to scope out the scenery (Noses Point / The Blast Beach is pretty popular with local photographers and somewhere Ive had on my list for a while).

Cheers

Stu

Just to close this one off, I've managed to move all the kit on to new homes and upgraded to a shiny new 6D (and kept my 24-105L lens). Hopefully it should serve me well for the next few years, although I'm starting on the next round of lens purchases (gone from 6 lenses down to 2!)
_stu_
Darth Addictus
Veteran Sergeant

Return to Trading Post

Social Links