Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Markb's DzC (and Friends) Blog

For members to post long running threads about projects they are working on

Re: Markb's DzC Plog

Postby markb » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:23 pm

Trust me, it's beyond touch up! It's a huge great blob of the stuff! I genuinely have no idea how I did it. Still, the beauty of getting several starter sets of Scourge means I have a few spare Invaders.
"The guns have stopped because we are at last about to attack. Even our generals aren't mad enough to shell their own men, they think its far more sporting to let the Germans do it!"

Capt Edmund Blackadder, the Somme, 1917.

markb
Captain
Captain

Location: On a high plains desert somewhere near Uzbekistan, lets leave it at that
Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)

Postby markb » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:50 pm

Well back in sunny Kabul now. I've found out that I'm not going to the site I was originally but going to be up north with ze Germans. This is a good and bad thing. The bad thing is I won't get as much time to paint as I will have to be in the office all day. The good thing is I've been promoted with a pay rise!

A slight update, I've made a start on my starter set and have got a couple of Hunters base coated, I hope to get at least one finished by Friday. I've worked out that I will get one vehicle done roughly every two days, it'll take eight to ten hours to do each one.
"The guns have stopped because we are at last about to attack. Even our generals aren't mad enough to shell their own men, they think its far more sporting to let the Germans do it!"

markb
Captain
Captain

Location: On a high plains desert somewhere near Uzbekistan, lets leave it at that
Painting Entrant (1)

Postby timewizard » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:33 pm

Sounds like a plan Mark.

Grats on the raise and promotion.
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby markb » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:10 pm

Just to prove I'm actually doing somethig! Problem I've got at the minute is I don't have a paint station, I'm working on one though and hope to have it sorted by the weekend. this is a WIP, as you can tell by the lack of highlights and the fact the turret hasn't been touched, plus there are a few areas that need touching up.

markb
Captain
Captain

Painting Entrant (1)

Postby timewizard » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:49 pm

That really looks great Mark! Very nicely done.
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby cgra1 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:58 am

Keep it up mate. Looks great
cgra1

Postby KInG » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:26 pm

yes keep it going fella ;)
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby markb » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Thanks, lads.

Update, I've got a desk! Wahaay! Nicked it out of the company storage container, well Thales are a multi billion dollar corporation, I don't hink they'll miss it. Already done a bit more work on the Hunter and hope to have it finished by Sunday.

markb
Captain
Captain

Painting Entrant (1)

Postby timewizard » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:33 pm

Good news!

And as long as the desk doesn't belong to the CEO, I doubt they'll miss it either.

Plus, once you're done painting, cutting and gluing on it, you can just bring it back! ;)
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby markb » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:40 pm

Truthfully, I wouldn't care if it was the CEOs desk, he's French! :)

markb
Captain
Captain

Painting Entrant (1)

Postby timewizard » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Oh! Even better! I doubt the "sun king" will even notice it's missing!
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby markb » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Update:

Here is some shots of my first finished Hunter. I'm quite happy with the result.

ImageImageImageImage

markb
Captain
Captain

Painting Entrant (1)

Postby timewizard » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:15 pm

You should be happy with it, that's really incredible looking.
Nice job! The detailing is over the top. Very well done mate!
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby BDA » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:37 pm

They are looking very good :)
BDA
Exarch
Exarch

Postby markb » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Thanks lads.

Update: Got three Hunters finished now and a Marauder basecoated. Once the Marauder is finished I will put some photos up of all the finished models. I'm hoping to get it finished by Tuesday.

markb
Captain
Captain

Painting Entrant (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Project Logs

Social Links