Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Markb's DzC (and Friends) Blog

For members to post long running threads about projects they are working on

Re: Markb's DzC Plog

Postby cgra1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:24 am

Very nice scheme mate can't wait to see them in the flesh.
cgra1

Postby markb » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:34 am

As promised here are the photos of my finished 3 Hunters and Marauder. I really need to keep telling myself that I shouldn't go overboard on models! This lot have taken around 60 hours to complete. At this rate I may have a completed 1500 pt army sometime next decade.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Next up is a squad of 3 Reapers and another Marauder. Hoping to get them finished before the Summertime competition deadlin but it'll be a push.
"The guns have stopped because we are at last about to attack. Even our generals aren't mad enough to shell their own men, they think its far more sporting to let the Germans do it!"

Capt Edmund Blackadder, the Somme, 1917.

markb
Captain
Captain

Location: On a high plains desert somewhere near Uzbekistan, lets leave it at that
Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)

Postby timewizard » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:59 pm

They do look fantastic though Mark!

Incredible detailing.
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby markb » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:05 pm

Cheers TW. Btw I shamelessly robbed your idea on the Marauder of making it look like the gun was about to fire. Actually, I like to think of it as a homage :)
"The guns have stopped because we are at last about to attack. Even our generals aren't mad enough to shell their own men, they think its far more sporting to let the Germans do it!"

markb
Captain
Captain

Location: On a high plains desert somewhere near Uzbekistan, lets leave it at that
Painting Entrant (1)

Postby timewizard » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:26 pm

markb wrote:Cheers TW. Btw I shamelessly robbed your idea on the Marauder of making it look like the gun was about to fire. Actually, I like to think of it as a homage :)

You honor me sir!

I noticed the glow of the plasma hose, it actually got me to thinking about putting a dab of white or very light blue on mine.

Managed to get most of the force highlighted last night. Just have to finish up a couple more, then it's on to detailing in the eyes and weapons. Then I can get the widgets attached to the flyers.

Still mulling over putting the skimmers on some kind of bases to lift them off the ground.
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby markb » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:31 pm

You're welcome. :) . What the photo doesn't pick up is that it is actually 3 clours, starting with Caliban Green, layered with Skarsnik Green then a small dot of Vallejo yellow in the centre. Thinking of doing it on the Hunters as well.

markb
Captain
Captain

Painting Entrant (1)

Postby markb » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:43 pm

Got three Reapers done now. Having a night off and will start on the Marauder for them tomorrow. Hope to get that finished by Monday or Tuesday next week and that will be as much as I can get done in the time I have for the Summertime comp.

ImageImage

One good thing that not having enough time to finish the whole starter set is that it has led me to decide to get the metal Scourge Warriors. While the plastic ones are ok they lack any great detail for my OCD to cope with. I will still paint the plastic ones but just to a very basic standard and mainly as a tester to see if the colour scheme and basing ides I've got in mind will work.

markb
Captain
Captain

Painting Entrant (1)

Postby timewizard » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:48 pm

They do lok great Mark.

You've got me thinking of finishing mine off in a semi-matte varnish.

This way it's not a glossy as some I've seen, but not a complete matte finish either.

Hmmmmm.............
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby skywalker » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:19 am

They look very nice Mark :D
skywalker
Cannon Fodder

Postby markb » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:18 pm

Thanks for the compliments, lds.

Well my entry for the SUmmertime comp is in, as I could only do one picture it was a collage that I don't think shows the models off very well. Here is the base photos that the collage was made from.

After that lot I'm debating whether to have a few days off to give my eyes a rest before I start the Doomsquid for the September competition or wheather I should start the infantry. Ooo the agony of choice!

markb
Captain
Captain

Painting Entrant (1)

Postby markb » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:05 am

Not updated for a couple of weeks. Heres a WIP of my Desolator for the C&C comp. Got the main body done now, just have to paint the legs, should have it all finished in the next week or so.

markb
Captain
Captain

Painting Entrant (1)

Postby timewizard » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Looking great Mark.
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby BDA » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:55 pm

yes looking very good :)
getting the chaps at my local club to play this a bit more but getting them to paint it is another thing all together lol
BDA
Exarch
Exarch

Postby markb » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:43 pm

Better late than never! Didn't manage to get it finished before the end of the September comp, mainly due to me having one of my regular demotivated painting periods, but have at last got the Doomsquid finished.

I'll be back home in Blighty next week and my boxes of Ruinscape are waiting for me. So when I'm at home I'll have some time off from painting and start work on my Ruinscape sets. I will hopefully post a few updates on here as and when I make some prgoress on it.

markb
Captain
Captain

Painting Entrant (1)

Postby cgra1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:43 pm

Looking great
Dont forget to make time for a few games mate :D
cgra1

PreviousNext

Return to Project Logs

Social Links