Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

1500pts Nurgle Chaos

Post your army lists here!

1500pts Nurgle Chaos

Postby Solar » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:48 pm

Sup, here's a little Nurgle army. I tried to fit in a good amount of different stuff I have, without jeopardizing a nice core of infantry.

Code: Select all
1500pts Chaos Nurgle, "The Cunning Plague"

HQ

Typhus - 225pts

HQ total - 225pts

Elites

Chaos Terminators
6 Terminators w/Icon of Nurgle, Chainfist, 2 Powerfists, 2 Combi-meltas, Combi-flamer, 4 Champions - 310pts

Elites total - 310pts

Troops

Plague Marine squad
10 Plague Marines w/Champion, Power fist, Personal Icon, 2 flamers - 285pts
Rhino w/extra armour - 50pts

Plague Marine squad
8 Plague Marines w/Champion, Power Weapon, Personal Icon, 2 Plasmaguns - 249pts

Plague Marine squad
8 Plague Marines w/Champion, Power Weapon, Personal Icon, 2 Plasmaguns - 249pts

Troops total - 833pts

Summoned Daemons

10 Lesser Daemons - 130pts

Summoned Daemons total - 130pts

Army total - 1498

EDIT: Typhus added, changed termie weaponry, added a few more plague marines, ditched GD.

So, anything to say?
Last edited by Solar on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Seonnut on IRC.
Solar

Postby plan9au » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:24 am

Since the new chaos codex, you can do a lot more with the nurgle force than previously, how ever a few suggestions that have worked for me (my chaos army got a re-write post codex and has been seen on the local tables more often now than my sisters) and these are suggestions feel free to ignore them of course....lol

I only ever use the base Chaos lord, and then i use 2 - one in terminator armour to accompany my terminators, and the second as a cheap heavy hitter to drop into a squad, both using demon weapons of course.

Combine your marines into larger squads, since you are using plauge marines the feel no pain means you can have a huge mass of hard to kill marines putting out a lot of firepower, i use 2 maxed out squads , much harder to kill than small squads even if against large template weapons.

Make all your terminators into champions, nothing is worse to your opponent than 6 terminator champions teleporting behind his lines, think about adding them to the lord choice for extra killing power.

And my biggest sugestion is to lose the demons and add more marines, you can never have to many marines. Heavy weapons of course are best chosen for the opponent in my mind...
plan9au
Battle Sister
Battle Sister

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:58 am

The smaller squads are fluffy, and also make sure you don't waste shots, maximise target potentials and get access to special weapons... that said the cheesemonger of me says even numbers are better for scoring if you can live with yourself (I can)

That sorceror is expensive, typhus is fluffy and the only guy to auto pass left (important in a world where everyone now takes cheap libbies and runes to stop the lash) note the rules discussions on whether his "typical demon weapon"+ force weapon is a nurgle demon weapon or not (maybe some rules heads can glance at it for you (i'm to tired right now)I haven't used typhus but he looks fairly funny, throw him against a horde and watch it melt.

your termies are doing something of everything and thats making them way too expensive. Lets go through it a bit..Shooting configuration, 2 combi weapons (good, I always save them to the last bit of list creation to top up left over points with) Autocannon but your aiming to DS them?.. will you give up shooting your combi rapid fire plas shots to take 2 rather poor shots at medium AV stuff? If your DSing and going for a blitzing landing I'd replace the reaper with 2 more combi weapons (1 st turn bang bang 6 enemy termies fall over or similar, or go for the melta and try to pop a tank) CCwise, Thats several fists.Again are you aiming to tank hunt?(MON will be redundant) why not drop one fist+ 1 champion, make the chainfist guy a champion (4 attacks on charge agaisnt a tank is going to hurt it) and have one redundant champion (maybe a combi weapon thats all)for if you really must have a greater demon.
As a luxury to facing all comers maybe the heavy flamer (but really I wouldn't waste a good DS surprise on a 1 unit swarm i'd still go for a big bloke, and then in subsequent turns block up the hordy bits.)

I dislike the greater demon, (he can be great coming off cheap fast troops..including your near naked termie champ), but here your looking at DSing them (who still aren't the cheapest hosts) so it will have to be your footslogging guys at the back (and he'll have to walk into mass fire to try to do anything, or you'll have to kill off your rhino squad champ that makes him cost 163 ish points and weakens that squad an awful lot.

I see why the smaller demons are there (I'm probably unneccesarily harsh about demons,I know how they work and they never do it) if they do it for you then whoopee (and post a batrep saying how prejudiced I am against them without founding. But I'd prefer you mechanised your other units, or added 6 raptors for counter assualt, or put it with the greater demon points for a whole other nurgle squad or something..
It depends how you invisage them
Last edited by killmaimburn on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby plan9au » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:51 am

killmaimburn wrote:The smaller squads are fluffy, and also make sure you don't waste shots, maximise target potentials and get access to special weapons... that said the cheesemonger of me says even numbers are better for scoring if you can live with yourself (I can)

That sorceror is expensive, typhus is fluffy and the only guy to auto pass left (important in a world where everyone now takes cheap libbies and runes to stop the lash) note the rules discussions on whether his "typical demon weapon"+ force weapon is a nurgle demon weapon or not (maybe some rules heads can glance at it for you (i'm to tired right now)I haven't used typhus but he looks fairly funny, throw him against a horde and watch it melt.

your termies are doing something of everything and thats making them way too expensive. Lets go through it a bit..Shooting configuration, 2 combi weapons (good, I always save them to the last bit of list creation to top up left over points with) Autocannon but your aiming to DS them?.. will you give up shooting your combi rapid fire plas shots to take 2 rather poor shots at medium AV stuff? If your DSing and going for a blitzing landing I'd replace the reaper with 2 more combi weapons (1 st turn bang bang 6 enemy termies fall over or similar, or go for the melta and try to pop a tank) CCwise, Thats several fists.Again are you aiming to tank hunt?(MON will be redundant) why not drop one fist+ 1 champion, make the chainfist guy a champion (4 attacks on charge agaisnt a tank is going to hurt it) and have one redundant champion (maybe a combi weapon thats all)for if you really must have a greater demon.
As a luxury to facing all comers maybe the heavy flamer (but really I wouldn't waste a good DS surprise on a 1 unit swarm i'd still go for a big bloke, and then in subsequent turns block up the hordy bits.)

I dislike the greater demon, (he can be great coming off cheap fast troops..including your near naked termie champ), but here your looking at DSing them (who still aren't the cheapest hosts) so it will have to be your footslogging guys at the back (and he'll have to walk into mass fire to try to do anything, or you'll have to kill off your rhino squad champ that makes him cost 163 ish points and weakens that squad an awful lot.

I see why the smaller demons are there (I'm probably unneccesarily harsh about demons,I know how they work and they never do it) if they do it for you then whoopee (and post a batrep saying how prejudiced I am against them without founding. But I'd prefer you mechanised your other units, or added 6 raptors for counter assualt, or put it with the greater demon points for a whole other nurgle squad or something..
It depends how you invisage them

(Shrug) Fluff is the most important thing ill agree, but that said, unless he is vital to the fluff in any game 2000pts or less he does eat a lot of points that could be better spent (IG with melta and you can say good bye to a hefty amount of points) If you are going to DS then CCW are your teminators friends, one reaper for fire power and combi tje rest...pf course i wont disagree with the demon comment
plan9au
Battle Sister
Battle Sister

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:30 pm

If the termies are going to hide in CC, why spend a terminator of points on a gun you'll only use once? Better to make the first hit a guarenteed elite or heavy removal system, and then try to keep them in CC all the time.
Re typhus, I appreciate its a bit theory hammer, but its only 10-15 points more than the other guy is, he can deepstrike off the core purpose units for support (something the JP can't do safely )or take on whole units himself.He'll be able to cast his powers when the other guy would be next to useless (everyone in the universe with their anti psycher gear :cry: ) and imagine nurgles rot if he charges off by himself into a hordy thing, auto pass, auto hit 4+ rings deep of models with str 3 hit.
I figure (again theory hammer as nurgle is my nemisis) that for an army who although ok at CC aren't the bestest, having an auto 12"+ pie plate str3 area denial that can go into locked models would kick some serious butt agaisnt most of the races that would naturally threaten them with tarpitting etc.
What do you reckon?
I mean my basic line for all of these things is get rid of the HQ and put in 2DPs, but I'm getting bored of saying that.
Last edited by killmaimburn on Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Solar » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Oh wow, comments. How lively this is!

Now, about stuff: The Terminator unit is WYSIWYG, they are the older metallic ones so the weapon choices are a bit pants. I plan to deepstrike them or just but them on the field from start. Really, depends on the enemy. Also, there are a lot of fists cause I like them, handy against most stuff. And I'm terrible at rolling dice. :P EDIT: Actually, screw that. I've got another 7 of those old termies so I can have pretty much any weapons config. I like. So?

Also, daemon princes are boring ands stupid. Daemon weapons are silly, worth trying yeah, but silly.

Add a terminator lord to a terminator unit? I'd had to count on them coming down at the same time from reserves then.

Yeah, the greater daemon is a bit stupid, maybe in a bigger game. I'd really need something like a Raptor squad or bikes to use it properly, but I'm trying to be atleast a bit fluffy. I could drop him off for some more plague marines in the squads.

I'll see if I can fit Typhus in then, I like the model and his rules aren't that bad.

Editing the list now...
Last edited by Solar on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Seonnut on IRC.
Solar

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links