Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

1500 Sisters of Battle

Post your army lists here!

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:38 am

plan9au wrote:Still no Exorcists as the event is WYSIWYG so no subs allowed (damn)

i dont think they were suggesting using a stock Whirlwind to proxy for a Exorcist - more like adding the rocket launcher from the Whirlwind to a SoB Vehicle (like an Immolator) to make your own Exorcist model. i saw a very cool conversion using that method. 8)

afterall, its not like there is just 1 defined look for the Exorcist (compare the FW model to the GW verison, for example). as long as its clearly an SoB tank that fires multiple missiles, that should be good enough (and to note, you arent proxying or even using "counts as" - its a conversion). it would even have the same hull size as the GW/FW models, as it will be based off the same chasis.

hope that helps :)

~ Tim
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby Angelwing » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:47 pm

mattjgilbert wrote:Well that certainly makes them the focal point for both you and your opponent, especially if they are right up there leading from the front. They still sound vulnerable to me but I guess a lot of it is going to depend on the terrain you have.

Oh they are vulnerable, especially to fast chargers (jump pack/winged stuff etc) which is why they never make it into anybodies serious lists.

My last game with them was against orks. They all died eventually to heavy weapon fire, but they absorbed 5 turns of mob shooting, stalled the whole advance and destroyed 6 kans, whilst holding the centre. My mounted girls then drove in and finished them off with heavy flamers.
On the other hand, I've had them wiped out in a couple of turns without firing a shot (cursed dark eldar!), but they still absorbed alot of pain that I didn't want directed on my troop squads.

anyhow, back to the list!
For a serious tournie event, I would still trim some fat from your list, but I hate to see cookie cutter serious lists, so I won't! ;)

I will say this though: That priest is attached to the dominions yes?
Don't. The unit will be forced to charge (by the priests special rule) if in range (which with flamers, I should hope they are...). I think the dominion squad is too valuable and useful elsewhere than stuck in combat.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby plan9au » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:05 pm

Angelwing wrote:
anyhow, back to the list!
For a serious tournie event, I would still trim some fat from your list, but I hate to see cookie cutter serious lists, so I won't! ;)

Im playing more for the fun side of things, as long as it has a chance to do some damage, and i hate to see the boring (sucks the fun outta the game) lists as well, fluff is important.

[quote I will say this though: That priest is attached to the dominions yes?
Don't. The unit will be forced to charge (by the priests special rule) if in range (which with flamers, I should hope they are...). I think the dominion squad is too valuable and useful elsewhere than stuck in combat.[/quote]

No he isn't, he is meant to be attached to one of the battlesister squads to give them a little extra bite in CC (maybe i should have made that clearer)...my dominion squad rides up flames and leaves dodge as quickly as they can...
plan9au
Battle Sister
Battle Sister

Postby Ljundhammer » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:16 am

plan9au wrote:Cannoness
- Blessed Weapon
- Cloak St Aspina
- Inferno Pistol
- Mantle of Ophelia
Retinue
- Celestians x 5
- Veteran Superior
- Stormbolters x 2
- Sacred Banner
Transport
- Immolator (Multi Melta)
- Laud Hailer
- Pintle Mounted Bolter
- Extra Armour

Nice. I would have gone for a flying leader, IIRC they are the only I5 items in the list - I'd rather have them in combat...

plan9au wrote:Priest
-Close combat weapon
-Eviserator
-Bionics

I'm afraid I just don't get this guy. What is he for? What does he bring to the army that 7(!) sisters dont?

plan9au wrote:Domination Squad x 6
- Veteran Superior
- Flamer x 4
- Power weapon
- Book of St Lucius
- Imaginfier
Transport
- Immolator
- Holy Promithium
- Holy Icon
- Laud Hailer
- Pintle Mounted Bolter
- Extra Armour

Battle Sisters x 10
- Veteran Superior
- Power weapon
- Stormbolter
- Stormbolter
- Frag Grenades x 9
- Krak Grenades x 8
- Book of St Lucius

Battle Sisters x 10
- Veteran Superior
- Power Weapon
- Stormbolter
- Stormbolter
- Frag Grenades x 9
- Krak Grenades x 8
- Book Of St Lucius

Nice. What's with all the stormbolters though? To me they sound a pretty long way behind flamers & melta's in use. If you are drive-by-ing the the flamer/ heavy flamer combo is the business (perhaps with a combi-flamer/ that ccw that is also a flamer (name escapes me...), if you are tank hunting then the meltas are obviously better. But you already have a load of bolt-gun death in each squad - what do the stormbolters really add?

plan9au wrote:Retributer Squad x 6
-Veteran Superior
-Power weapon
-Heavy Bolters x 4
-Frag Grenade x 6
-Krak Grenade x 6
Transport
- Holy Icon
- Pintle Mounted Bolter
- Extra Armour
Seraphim x 9
- Veteran Superior
- Power weapon
- Master Crafted
- Twin Inferno Pistols
- Twin Inferno Pistols
- Melta bombs
- Book St Lucius

Total - 1499

Again, nice - but with the retributers, if you are going to keep the stormbolters on the troops, would some anti-tank be nicerer here? Also, keep your squads even numbered!

I'm assuming that the inferno pistols are tank busting? But you've a full (almost) assault squad there! You fly up, pop a land raider, that squad is now in range & LOS for an ungodly amount of fire power back from the rest of his army, the remains will be assaulted & wiped out. Not a happy situation... Especially when the Dreadnaught turns up (you now have no weapons that can hurt it!)
The upshot is that you can put antitank on seraphim, but if you do, keep the squad small (and as disposable as possible), use large squads against infantry.

I would be more than a little concerned about the lack of anti-tank & the lack of cc ability. The midrange shoot-outs should be fantastic for you, but be honest, when was the last time you had a firefight at 23" in 40k?

I'd say a good evolution, but still needs work. The squads are good, but need more focus on what you lack rather than adding more of the same.

Hope that helps, hope I'm not being an overbearing bore :)....

Ljundhammer
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby plan9au » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:25 pm

Ljundhammer wrote:Nice. I would have gone for a flying leader, IIRC they are the only I5 items in the list - I'd rather have them in combat

Probably, but since her retinue dont have access to the jump pack it had to go....
-Close combat weapon
-Eviserator
-Bionics

I'm afraid I just don't get this guy. What is he for? What does he bring to the army that 7(!) sisters dont?

CC killing, sisters can hold there own generally in combat, he just makes them a little better,

Nice. What's with all the stormbolters though? To me they sound a pretty long way behind flamers & melta's in use. If you are drive-by-ing the the flamer/ heavy flamer combo is the business (perhaps with a combi-flamer/ that ccw that is also a flamer (name escapes me...), if you are tank hunting then the meltas are obviously better. But you already have a load of bolt-gun death in each squad - what do the stormbolters really add?

the sister squads are used mainly to hold the line/objectives, the flamers are used to clean out the areas that are then occupied by the basic squads...the stormbolters give extra firepower, and at a greater range than most of anything else in my army

plan9au wrote:Retributer Squad x 6
-Veteran Superior
-Power weapon
-Heavy Bolters x 4
-Frag Grenade x 6
-Krak Grenade x 6
Transport
- Holy Icon
- Pintle Mounted Bolter
- Extra Armour
Seraphim x 9
- Veteran Superior
- Power weapon
- Master Crafted
- Twin Inferno Pistols
- Twin Inferno Pistols
- Melta bombs
- Book St Lucius

Total - 1499

Again, nice - but with the retributers, if you are going to keep the stormbolters on the troops, would some anti-tank be nicerer here? Also, keep your squads even numbered!
seraphim squad is maxed IIRC...anti tank is an option ill agree

I'm assuming that the inferno pistols are tank busting? But you've a full (almost) assault squad there! You fly up, pop a land raider, that squad is now in range & LOS for an ungodly amount of fire power back from the rest of his army, the remains will be assaulted & wiped out. Not a happy situation... Especially when the Dreadnaught turns up (you now have no weapons that can hurt it!)
The upshot is that you can put antitank on seraphim, but if you do, keep the squad small (and as disposable as possible), use large squads against infantry.

Hit and run special rule, i pop a tank and then jump away, or at least outta assualt range

I would be more than a little concerned about the lack of anti-tank & the lack of cc ability. The midrange shoot-outs should be fantastic for you, but be honest, when was the last time you had a firefight at 23" in 40k?

i find sisters have a general lack of At anyway....and if i set the fight up right i should only be attacking at range

Hope that helps, hope I'm not being an overbearing bore :)....

Ljundhammer

all this advice helps....i gotta get a competative army up....
plan9au
Battle Sister
Battle Sister

Postby Ljundhammer » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:44 pm

plan9au wrote: Probably, but since her retinue dont have access to the jump pack it had to go....

She doesn't have to have a retuinue, she can fly with a seraphim squad...

-Close combat weapon
-Eviserator
-Bionics

CC killing, sisters can hold there own generally in combat, he just makes them a little better,

Ok, I can see your point. But IMO he takes away more than he gives. As you have already noted, a battle sisters squad doesn't want to be in combat - boltguns FTW. This guys makes you charge, no option. He will make a squad slightly better in CC, but he looks like a mixed armour target, so may be sniped out before you get there!

For his points, I would find it hard to justify him (I will be running penitient engines in my next WH army so I have to take him - the only roles he seems to be good at are getting a plasma gun for another body in a drive by (hopefully he will then die), or as a line leader in an arbites squad (carapace & eviscerator) as an extra S6 attack (and no IC status!))

plan9au wrote: the sister squads are used mainly to hold the line/objectives, the flamers are used to clean out the areas that are then occupied by the basic squads...the stormbolters give extra firepower, and at a greater range than most of anything else in my army

I'm afraid that you'll be dissapointed. But I don't know for sure, try it out & let us know...

plan9au wrote: seraphim squad is maxed IIRC...anti tank is an option ill agree.

Oh I see, it's 9 + a VSS? That's a big squad to keep hidden, but effective

plan9au wrote: Hit and run special rule, i pop a tank and then jump away, or at least outta assualt range.

IIRC you can't hit & run from a vehicle, anyway, you'll be killing it in the shooting phase - so no hit & run anyway...

plan9au wrote: i find sisters have a general lack of At anyway....and if i set the fight up right i should only be attacking at range

Unless you have exorcists 8)

A couple of things that may help you with your army:
1: the Warseer Witch hunter tactica - it's long, but it's awesome! http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151
2: Bell of Lost souls: tactica multi melta - to get the best out of a weapon you can have in spades: http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/200 ... melta.html

Hope it helps
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby killmaimburn » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:56 pm

Ljundhammer wrote:http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/2007/01/tactica-multi-melta.html
Anyone else note that the preview mode to that link takes you to a yahoo shop to buy cookie cutters, laughed my head off (but then I'm easily amused) :D
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:16 pm

Ljundhammer wrote:IIRC you can't hit & run from a vehicle, anyway, you'll be killing it in the shooting phase - so no hit & run anyway...

you can H&R from a Walker Squadron (assuming you dont wipe them out first), but otherwise, yeah, no H&R from Vehicles.

you can Massacre! Consolidate from a Walker/Walker Squadron, but not from other Vehicles (although the FAQ suggests a houserule where you move back 1"... which should have been just over 1" :roll:).

you cant J-S-J either, or charge another unit after destroying a tank in the Shooting Phase - so all you can hope to do is hide behind the Wreck/Crater (might be worth clarifying the Size Category of Craters placed in this way before the game).

hope that helps :)

~ Tim
p.s. any thoughts on the Exorcist conversion idea?
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Previous

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links