In order to maintain some sort of order in the anarchy that is the internet, there are some rules to follow when using the site. Please read them carefully.
(1) No profanity. This site is used by people of all ages.
(2) No posting of copyrighted material. No posting links to download copyrighted material. No requesting links to, or copies or, copyrighted material.
(3) No "netspeak". Please take the time to type out your posts in proper English so that they are easy for us old-timers to understand, and to greatly reduce the chance of misinterpretation.
(4) Please post in the appropriate forums. If you're not sure then post it where you think it should go, and hopefully a moderator will move it if needed. Do not post questions as new topics in the various News forums!
(5) Respect the moderators. Heed their advice. If you have complaint about a moderator then send a private message to me (Spack).
(6) No flame wars. No trolling. No posting deliberately to provoke people.
(7) No bumping. Bumping is the pushing of a topic back near the top/first page without adding any useful content.
(8) Please post in the Helpdesk forum
with any technical problems/flaws you believe you might have found with the site, do not attempt to directly use said flaws (for any purpose) as this will be treated as a hostile act on your part no matter how you actually intended for it to be.
Failure to follow the rules will result in posting rights revocation, or in extreme cases bans.
These rules may be updated from time to time. Update notices will be posted when changes are made, please read the rules again when this happens to make sure you understand what the changes are.
Disclaimer: all communication direct between members, via either private messaging or email, is solely the responsibility of those members and neither the site administrator or it's hosts can be held responsible for such communications.