Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

I'm back ... sort of

Discussion of anything 40K related

I'm back ... sort of

Postby Spack » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:55 pm

The 40k itch is starting again. Just pulled the trigger on Blackstone Fortress, organised a regular having night once a month at my house and have so far played Arkham Horror twice but wanted to try something new. Looking forward to opening a new game for the first time in years.

Might have to play some other games too, got Space Hulk and Aeronautica Imperialis out of the attic yesterday, but not really suitable for 4/5 players. Will keep then on standby for nights when a couple of people can't make it.

20220220_154116.jpg

I guess I should look at maybe modernising the site a bit, I've let it go for far too long. Just need to get into the mindset again, work has been non-stop over the past few years and i don't want to burn out.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: I'm back ... sort of

Postby Socaddict » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:04 pm

ONE OF US, ONE OF US
Waaargh.
Orks project log here
Socaddict
Mekboy
Warlord

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby conscriptboris » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:13 pm

IMO, you withdrew peak era. I love the hobby for the lore, primaris have no lore, live in the era you have!

I would support a project that develops 7th Edition onwards with no primaris ever existing. All those IA books are void, all the historical campaigns books just seem weird with primaris.

Dont get me wrong mate, I have primaris, but in building and playing with them, I soon realised it was the lore that kept me in.

Welcome back!

Elvis
conscriptboris
Elvis isnt Dead!
Commander

Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Spack » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:19 pm

Haven't had chance to play Blackstone yet, but winning to get it started on the next gaming night. Send like a pretty nice have to get into, can break a single game up into multiple sessions without losing track of progress, and the figures are really nice too.

Shame that the expansions went OOP some time ago, the second hand prices are crazy on them.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Postby _stu_ » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:53 pm

*waves and says hi :)

Blackstone is still on our list to play, although we have a complete painted playset now, and a full set of 3d printed tiles for the core game (that was a fun project).

Mostly playing Titanicus now ( 3 legios and a knight household so far, 4th legio and 2nd household in planning), with a bit of Aeronautica on the side. Still struggling to get into 40k, but have a copy of Killteam to crack out at some point.
Facebook @ Lividfish Paints
_stu_
Darth Addictus
Veteran Sergeant

Medals: 16
Anvil's Hammer - 2nd Place (1) Gold Wreath (1) Gold (3) Silver (4) Painting Entrant (7)

Postby RotweillerofJustice » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:50 pm

Welcome back.
RotweillerofJustice
Shas'ui
Shas'ui

Medals: 6
Silver (1) Painting Entrant (5)

Postby Socaddict » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:29 pm

I've been playing quite a bit of crusade recently, and I think that's the best way to play 9th if you don't want to go to tournaments. You can really play up the "your dudes" aspect of the game...
Waaargh.
Orks project log here
Socaddict
Mekboy
Warlord

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby conscriptboris » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:04 pm

Socaddict wrote:I've been playing quite a bit of crusade recently, and I think that's the best way to play 9th if you don't want to go to tournaments. You can really play up the "your dudes" aspect of the game...

Agreed!
conscriptboris
Elvis isnt Dead!
Commander

Painting Entrant (1)

Postby Spack » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:15 pm

Hadn't heard of Crusade. Getting a bit confusing with all these variations now; Kill Team, Crusade, and Fireteam.

I'll take it slow, next session i think we're playing one more Arkham Horror and then in May we'll give Blackstone Fortress a go. One of the guys in the group doesn't want to play 40k, but he's open to the shorter boardgame style.

Doesn't help that I bought Elden Ring last week ...
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Postby conscriptboris » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:42 pm

Crusade - Just the standard table sized W40k battles, but your units can gain renown etc (more about roleplaying/fluff battles).

Kill Team - A Necromunda style (small skilled squads), kinda necromunda but with typical w40k armies (5 plus man squads). Essentially a whole new games system.

Fire Team is just a throwaway standalone board game. Simpler versions of the old space crusade etc.

I did gather up the BSF, but no one my way wanted to play! (sad noises).

Currently im painting 2nd Edition Necrons!
conscriptboris
Elvis isnt Dead!
Commander

Painting Entrant (1)

Return to 40K Discussion

Social Links