Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Someone elses project log (latest WD demons vs guard batrep)

For members to post long running threads about projects they are working on

Postby timewizard » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:21 pm

killmaimburn wrote: styrefoam (how do you spell that word??)

Styrofoam
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:51 pm

Image Well since I stuck it up elsewhere,here is my damocles.. based from a wooden block (sides are genuine rhino sides though) top from inside of landraider and spare rhino bits for sattelite dishes.
The guy is sat on a normal round base, which means he can be pulled out and I can add turret weapons if I wish (or anything really)..at the moment I have a demolisher cannon based on a round base (?) so I can swap it around a bit if I like.

Image Typical you wait four centuries to reincarnate and your born to a bunch of cannibals.
(thanks for all the congrats and stuff AoS)

Not much else going on apart from that I restarted the Tzeentch tactica for 5th ed tips and tricks (if antubis is around he might want a glance at the new one)

Pause for tumbleweed to roll across thread.... :P
Last edited by killmaimburn on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby timewizard » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:30 pm

killmaimburn wrote:Image Typical you wait four centuries to reincarnate and your born to a bunch of cannibals.
(thanks for all the congrats and stuff AoS)

They taste better when drizzled with a balsamic vinagrette! Covers the odor of pablum, porridge and milk! :lol:
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby mattjgilbert » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:21 am

That damocles looks really cool
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby ruffian4 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:39 am

HOODWINKED!!! HUMBUGGED I SAY!!!

SCARY RED EYED DREAD SPOOKED MY NEW EBAY HORSEY. CAPS LOCK STUCK AGAIN!

LIKE THE DAMOCLES "RED LEATHER" EFFECT FRONT DOORS.

Last edited by ruffian4 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby KInG » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:51 am

What you now need KMB is one of the deep Ali army cases we are going to be selling very soon at www.GamingFigures.com

Should be in stock within the month ;)
(please excuse my pitiful attempt to sneek in my sales pitch there ;))
Last edited by KInG on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby timewizard » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:02 pm

KInG wrote:(please excuse my pitiful attempt to sneek in my sales pitch there ;))

Wasn't pitiful at all, and it was hardly sneaky! Looks very nice KInG, what's the ball park price for the case, dimensions?
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby KInG » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:38 pm

cheap and big :D lol

To be honest TW, I'm not sure. I do not have all the details to hand, but watch this space ;)

That was the large one and it rrps at £50. Now I'm not sure if that is with or without trays, I suspect the later :(

If it gets our usual 20-25% off it will make it around £40.00 or a bit less :)
Last edited by KInG on Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:28 pm

So lets see what have I done since I last posted ermmm.. not done much with the FAQ stuff,.. erm
I did a bunch of stuff in the attic involving me upping my armour value
I now get +1 to energy saving

I chopped the choppy chop of our Leylandii (I know I know, does it make you feel better if you know I dug 24 of the other buggers up when I moved in, they were all around me 6 years back)
Image Image
I'm going to get a chainsaw next time,using just a wet kipper of a saw and relying on pure waaagh..isn't very effective (took me a month)
earns me -1 to neighbour hostility.and +1 to BS because we can see more daylight.(cover saves reduced by 1)Free movement phase with the better half for the straight line when it was finished. 8)

Finally started my AoS competition entry, there will be no jaunty and pleasing angles added, the body will be what at the moment the mods believe may be the model (and i'm not going to change it now)
here is a pic of it after its touch up undercoat wash..to maintain a theme that enchanted blue pot will be in the back of all my shots so that people don't think I robbed it off CMON

And figured meh..since this is my tell it from the mountain log and no body reads this I'd put the immersion piece in here (I wrote it to parrelel ruffians piece and to show why I can't play guard..its just too darned real..and to remember I really don't like all the rules that fanfic insists on :))

Leadership test

The globs of mud impacted on him with a rough muted splutter, a sound that his brain couldn't associate with the stopping power that that mass of land churning up and hitting him, hating him, had on his momentum.
He shook his head wearily to get his balance back, to get that buzzing sound out of his ears.
He had a clear view..gods this planet was beautiful, the full panorama had been denied him by his... tight ....formation... THRONE WHERE ARE THE FRONT RANKS!!
He looked down at the mud clogging his equipment and sloughing off in greedy double helping clumps and spotted the almond shard telltale signs of bone and shreds of green camo.
A vox communication came shouting down the line this was no time to stand around gawping.. he had to move out...
The officers, they were the ones, if they hadn't opted for the soft option of marching across clear ground this would have never have happened. He looked down with a wry smile as he remembered where their arrogance had had them stand in the formation...
Looking down was a mistake, he'd been marching using his training to automatically walk around all the obstacles and debris, but looking down his brain couldn't protect him. The truth was too plentiful, the viscera too exposed...his fallen brethren some bloodied some without a stain to their perfect uniform but with some key piece missing to the jigsaw that was their armour, it showed more clearly than any blood could that those puppets of war would never get up.
Another screaming order down the vox, took his mind off the grunts whimpers and pleading of the dying as he trod over them, he loved that voice.. that commanding condescending basterd took him to nirvana.. it took him through his friends.
And the sounds his boots made on them.

As they cleared the mire of their compatriots he heard a whizzing popping, he wondered if it was an aftereffect of being so close to the shell but as the man at his shoulder burst into a fine red mist he knew his mind had been elsewhere,
“MELTAS” the warning too late as normal, the super heating already having made every part of his battle brother become a ichor mist, he stood stock still in horror,he took a moment to coldly mechanically check his venting systems,
Gods don’t let me breath him in,…He had given me his food rations when mine fell off in the charge of Anteus 5.

Where was that voice that sweet reassuring pitbull in his ear….where were his brothers,a moment…. a flash of doubt took hold, he spared a glance over his shoulder seeking the reassurance of the wave of humanity behind him, seeking out the grim resolve, the hatred, the determination in the eyes of his fellow men…but all he saw was that wondrous panorama again…that beautiful isolation…quiet…stillness.
So seductive…. nightmares aren’t beautiful…. horror isn’t meant to be so inspiring..
He casually brushed remnants of the mud and bone from his uniform now sticky and auburn from the near atomized stains of his colleagues.
He started to laugh but his equipment and chinstrap got in the way.. he drew up his combat knife and casually cut them away so they fell loose, dangling tugging, allowing a full roar…an uncontrolled bellow, unrestrained- free laughter, mocking his emblems, deriding his core….. he was suddenly so tired.. the maniac edge passing as he stumbled down to his knees. There was fresh red on his armour now, blossoming down from the cut..it felt like the only warmth left, the cloying stream flowing down his chest as he started to slump he heard the marching feet ..he hoped that the drumming in his head stopped before those heavy boots reached him.
Last edited by killmaimburn on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby mattjgilbert » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:40 pm

For someone elses project log you sure have gone into great depth. Life, hobby and fluff all in one. Was the story based on your month long fight against the Leylandii? Good story by the way :)
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:41 pm

killmaimburn wrote:Finally started my AoS competition entry,
here is a pic of it after its touch up undercoat wash..to maintain a theme that enchanted blue pot will be in the back of all my shots so that people don't think I robbed it off CMON

dont forget, the competition rules specify that we cannot post pics until the closing week.

cant really make anything out in that one (i think that dark blob on the left is a Terminator? :P :lol:) so i dont think you need to be disqualified. ;)

by all means take WIP pics as you go along, just dont post them until its time to submit your entry.

and dony worry about validating pics - i have a top secret method planned for that (all will be revealed later).

cheers :)

~ Tim
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby ruffian4 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:01 pm

killmaimburn wrote:I did a bunch of stuff in the attic involving me upping my armour value

Ah, but to complete that look (as opposed to the Innsmouth look of course), you need heavy duty, elbow length rubber gloves and small round rimmed glasses with strong lenses that quadruple eye size.
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby Spack » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:10 pm

I keep meaning to get my attic sorted, I've stil got 3 huge rolls of insulation to replace the crap stuff that still covers about 1/4 of the floor, and I've done about half the chipboard flooring up there too. I always seem to forget to use the overalls I have still neatly folded, brand new in their packing, in the garage. At least last time I remembered to wear a mask - got a couple of those BMX style ones with replaceable filters that go inside the plastic, and a proper one with the two large vapour+dust filters on the sides, the latter is much more comfortable and you don't end up finishing for the day looking like your face is about to burst. Bath/shower is fun after that, it's amazing how much dirt is in an attic.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:33 pm

Ok so its been a while.. but Dylan is being nice..and the break from the interwebz let me do some painting so I thought I'd check back in.
Games wise.. had around 13-15 in 2 months (thats an awfull lot of games)
Orks are coming along well. both painty wise (though might not make it for christmas) and effectiveness wise, so the Mrs is happy.
Here my objective from the last game they played
The dreads and oblits are my kans, the LR upside down is my popped battlewagon and I've just dispatched a fire prism and a wave serpent who tried to last turn steal my base (my whole army came back to defend it)
Mr 6 had an autarch with one wound left and a ranger on his base (only things left of his in the game)so even though I had over 50 models left it was a draw (dylan shows my face well :cry: )

Mark (UM- a rarity at ours) turned up last week and told me to surprise him.. so I quickly jury rigged a conversion beamer master of the forge on a bike.
I had to chop the backpack to bitz and remake it to fit the weapon mount.. I think it needs something coming off the gun for the claw to grab hold of and I think I need another wire going from the lower torso to the under side of the gun.. but the basics are done (the bitz came from mr6s scrap pile and a space crusade box from my loft)

More soon..I hope to copy angelwing and update my army pics.. because most of them have grown by a third since they were taken..(some of that third is even painted 8O :lol: )
Last edited by killmaimburn on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby mattjgilbert » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:39 pm

The conversion beamer looks like the BFG from Doom! I like the wires.

I see you have Dylan well trained. Such astute in-game narrative at such a young age. He'll be kicking your butt in about 18 months time...
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

PreviousNext

Return to Project Logs

Social Links