Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Tim

Discussion of rules in Warhammer 40K - use for existing rules only, for discussing new rules or changes/alternatives use the Rules Development forum

Moderator: mattjgilbert

Tim

Postby KInG » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:55 pm

Are you here?
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby mattjgilbert » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:11 pm

He's probably on his way. He convinced me to sign up :D
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:19 pm

yes, im here (AgeOfStrife is now my internet explorer homepage :P).

im going to take a day or so to catch my breath and adjust a bit before getting down to some serious posting. :)

cheers guys (and good to see you Matt)

~ Tim
p.s. anyone who wants to chat about the events of the past couple of days, it would probably be best to send me a PM rather than us discussing it in a public thread. just thought i would say that now, before it came up. thanks!
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby KInG » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:03 pm

excellant.

I have a favour to ask of you. I have a small bunch of friends on my online shop's forum who would also love your insight when it comes to rules questions.

Dan if you think I'm trying to steal Tim from you, you're right :P j/k.

They don't come up alot, tbh... but we would love your input there also, time allowing obviously now "you're a dad!!" ;)

Maybe I just post a link when one comes up, I'm sure Dan wouldn't mind that. :D

(www.gamingfigures.com)
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Democratus » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:03 pm

Good to see you still online, Tim. It was a rude shock to see you gone from "that other place".

Best wishes!
Democratus

Postby Antubis » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:02 am

The Changer of the Ways has sent me for reasons unknown. DTWATKINS I was, Antubis I shall be now.

Good to see you again Lord Malek ,I don't feel I've earned "Tim" yet ;)
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. "
Antubis
Chosen
Chosen

Postby Ranhothep » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:19 am

Well, seems like this will be the forum of choice then if one would want to consult rules with the best of them :-) Let us hope there are not too many patriots around here, nor people with a nurgle itch.
FACT: I do like the sites avatar gallery!
Ranhothep
Chosen
Chosen

Postby Angelwing » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:45 am

greetings tim.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby Lastie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:04 am

Sorry to hear about your ban Tim; the Warseer boards will be quiet without you. :(

<over on Warseer a lone tumbleweed blows through the boards>
"The cake is a lie!!" - Anon
Lastie
Lastie

Postby Pharon » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:25 pm

Ranhothep wrote:Well, seems like this will be the forum of choice then if one would want to consult rules with the best of them :-) Let us hope there are not too many patriots around here, nor people with a nurgle itch.

Now that's not nice.....funny though :lol:
Pharon

Postby mkerr » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:48 pm

Don't you Brits have a saying in situations like this? "The King is Dead, Long Live the King!" or something like that?

I don't know if I have the strength to keep up with the Rules Forum without you. Without another rational poster around, I'm not sure I can endure Nurglitch's insane rants about logic... :)
mkerr

Postby Spack » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:18 pm

You know, until today I didn't even know who Nurglitch was, I don't remember seeing a post (unless I blanked them all out). I looked at the Rules Master post on Warseer, and immediately realised he's a grammar nazi. I thought I was bad sometimes, but jeez. He doesn't seem to realise that Logic + GW = destruction of the known universe :P
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Pharon » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:28 pm

I don't think he's a grammar nazi. But he spends all his time telling people how what they say doesn't mean anything because they didn't strictly define what they meant....or how they arrived at the conclusion. So his posts end up being extremely wordy and rambling yet don't ever actually contribute much of significance to the topic at hand.

If you really want to see a good example of it look at his latest stuff in the current lash thread in the rules forum.

He kind of seems to me like the guy standing at the starting line arguing with the judge about if his starter pistol is 'regulation' while everyone else is already off and running.
Pharon

Postby killmaimburn » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:14 pm

mkerr wrote:Don't you Brits have a saying in situations like this? "The King is Dead, Long Live the King!"

Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi!
I'm not completely sure of its origins off the top of my head, I know mark twain refers to it, and I had an enigma album (which wasn't very good)by that name.I may even wiki to fill the knowledge bucket.
Oh yeah... hi folks. If I didn't come over here Malek would have to discuss nappies with you lot instead.
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby timewizard » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:43 am

This was first uttered in France in 1422 at the coronation of King Charles VII after the death of his father Charles VI. (Wikpedia, qv.)
I believe this is apropos when alluding to Tim. He does not give one the rule, this teaches nothing. He gives the references to the rule, which frustrates those without the rulebook (Shame, shame!! :evil: ) and for the rest of us, makes us read the rulesbook over and over ad infinitum, from which knowledge grows!
"Give a man a rule, he challenges a better player...Make him learn the rules, he becomes the better player! 8)
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Next

Return to 40K Rules

Social Links