Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Combat Patrol Chaos Marines... Now with fluff added...

For members to post long running threads about projects they are working on

Combat Patrol Chaos Marines... Now with fluff added...

Postby estarriol » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:44 pm

Had some time for myself instead of building terrain or doing other thiongs and I built a CSM squad with a difference.

Now without further ado meet the lads...

http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/estarriol6
Last edited by estarriol on Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Combat Patrol Chaos Marines...

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:55 pm

wow - those certainly are different! :o

what sort of rules are you using for them? standard CSM, or something else? and what is the fluff behind them? :?:

very interesting!

cheers :)

~ Tim
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby estarriol » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:09 pm

They will be standard CSM rules I think, mostly to make things simpler.

Fluff is still being thought on, but something to do with a warp storm and a Hive patrol...
--
estarriol

See my buildings at: www.templebuilder.wordpress.com

Home of 6mm Miniatures and offbeat 28mm Fantasy goodness: www.rapierminiatures.co.uk
estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:32 pm

hehe i like it! 8)

looking forward to seeing them progress :)

cheers

~ Tim
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby killmaimburn » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:11 pm

Nice, I have a chaos lord with a CSM raptor body, a giants arm heroquest bloodthirster wings and a old led termaguants head...
Choppy choppy sticky sticky..always good.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby mattjgilbert » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:41 pm

very cool
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Angelwing » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:38 pm

Heresy! It makes me cry to see good wholesome tyranids chopped up at the whim of a mad chaos lord!

Nah, I like these. Very sinister! Now get painting before you feel the Lash of Submission / Lash whip (whatever is appropriate ).
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Now the Fluff

Postby estarriol » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:44 pm

Well the first part:

The Lord of Change looked gleefully into his viewing device. The Warband of Heretics, misfits and tainted unbelievers had proved remarkably effective. The Great Chaos Gate stood before them, finally found after 10,000 years of looking. It looked battered and torn, but operable still. With this back in his hands and fully functioning a new wave of Chaos could be unleashed on the Galaxy, from a totally unexpected quarter. He cackled maniacally as he watched them start to build the encampment ready for the fallen techmarines to start to repair and power up the mighty artifact.

But what was this, movement, something was approaching them. The Marines deployed in skilled fashion, the commander, a man of some talent, pity his soul does not belong to me, readying the battleline and deploying his scant forces with a speed and tactical awareness to be admired. The interlopers flushed from cover and charged mindlessly, six limbed exoskeletoned creatures.

The defenders held fire waiting, waiting, waiting, then an onslaught was unleashed, the creatures started to fall in droves, mown down by the accurate autofire from the Marines. Then something more sinister appeared, greater upright creatures, similar only in there colouring and many limbs followed the suicide wave in, bio weapons firing as they picked off the areas of toughest defence. But they took hit too, lascannons slicing into their chitinous armour, autocannons ripping them into shreds, one was even broken in half by the might Dreadnought Grimnir, but there was too much firing now, indiscriminate, wild and the gate was being hit.
It’s already weakened form started to crack and the maelstrom of Warp energy started to circle around the field of battle. Gathering pace the Warp storm built and built, some, the wiser realised what was starting and tried to run clear, but the storm would not be stopped and exploded in sinister glittering lights and started to sweep across the battlefield, enveloping all engaged.

The Lord basked in there screams and cries, until it realised that one Marine stood still and tall and was calling on the mighty Chaos Gods to aid their children. The Lord of Change grinned a feral grin; ‘very well,’ he thought ‘I shall help you’.

Drawing on his mighty powers and casting them into the warp storm before him he gathered all the life and flesh and forms there remaining and moulded them into marines again, using whatever form and shapes he could find as the storm whiplashed across the sparsely inhabited planet.

When the storm receded, drawn back into the gate by the force of the other Lords of Chaos, the Lord of Change surveyed his handywork. There stood a full battle company of Marines, the vehicles and equipment, but all of it was warped, some subtle and change others strange inhuman creations, part creature, part man, but still upright and in the Marine armour.

He chuckled further, a good day’s work for the Lord of Change…
Last edited by estarriol on Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Postby estarriol » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:33 pm

Bahhh I hate GW, there isn't a command type I can take for Comnbat Patrol with the Chaos codex.....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
--
estarriol

Home of 6mm Miniatures and offbeat 28mm Fantasy goodness: www.rapierminiatures.co.uk
estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:33 pm

estarriol wrote:Bahhh I hate GW, there isn't a command type I can take for Comnbat Patrol with the Chaos codex.....

unfortunately not. :(

although you could tool up a normal squadleader (maybe in a cult unit, bikers or Raptors so he is even better than a normal CSM). :)

~ Tim
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby mattjgilbert » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:00 am

Cool story estarriol - some aspects shared with what WLH and I have written for our second campaign game!
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby estarriol » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:47 am

Further update, another 8 fallen members of the Imperioum and Tyranids finest.

4 Havocs, 3 heavy Bolters and an Autocannon.

2 Aspiring champs with combibolters and powerfist.

And a couple of plain Marines.

Construction work has now stopped due to a lack of Tyranid carcasses to chew up for the project, so they might well get undercoated, then to find a nice colour scheme.

I know there is a lost of loyalist Marines out there, is there one for Chaos, giving colour schemes, I need ideas.

Onto the pictures:

http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/estarriol6
--
estarriol

estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Postby killmaimburn » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:53 pm

p18,20,21,24 of the chaos codex, apart from that its really just index astrates on the typical chaos ones.. I can't remember if liber chaotica has paint schemes in (I think its more demon and fantasy based.. but i'll have a quick check)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Project Logs

Social Links