Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Batrep, armylist +rules queries, AIO

Got a batrep? Post it here

Batrep, armylist +rules queries, AIO

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:23 am

Do necron wraiths *ONLY* have an invulnerable save?+others
This is a list, it’s a batrep.. and please point out any issues arising from it (I highlight a few) and correct us.

It came up briefly last night.. and I decided in favour of MR6s point that the statline had a 3+ and let him take regular saves against regular fire.. If it had only been an invulnerable my null zones libby should have made him reroll ALL good saves.
(I was nice, I didn't replace machine curse.. which had nothing to do all game.. and I forgot to put 200 points of my army on the table- so I made up for it by being foul mouthed)

I took
Librarian with nullzone (and machine curse)=100
4x5men in razorbacks with twinlinked lascannons and hunter seeker missiles, the command vehicle had a vindies dozer blade on=705
3 dual HB speeders=180.. oh no I didn't-I forgot them
3 MM attack bikes=150
2 MM attack Bikes=100
3 Predator destructors (HB + autocannon) one of whom had a storm bolter.=265
=1320 + some landspeeders on a shelf somewhere :)

Last time I faced a tri prism all fast autach reserve GT clone (which killed me to a man before 2nd half turn 3)I did walk through my list and wargear 2 days prior to my opponent making his, and due to our local game its an appalling list- in that it doesn’t have the 12 lascannons capable of stopping LHs 2 LR deathwing.(as was shown last Thursday)
I think it might be a bit crass to play king with this list btw.. views?

He took 9 wraiths( close up on the right flank.. and I reminded him again about null zone before he deployed )9 Heavy destroyers a rezzie orb lord 4++ sycthe and min troops hid behind a piece of terrain on the far left flank protecting his base.

Game went pretty fast.
I moved my razors forwards freeing up my predators to shoot with a full arc.. I focused fire on the wraiths initially with Mr6 announcing when he was taking cover and when he was using his invulnerables, laid down suppressive fire only on the left (1 pred 1 razorback).
His turn the wraiths (now5) zoom forwards.. he pops the razorback that moved 12" with a bunch of heavy destroyers..(cataclysmically, so I have to take saves as does a bike squad (safe) and one of his wraiths dies in this event.. quite funny.) Heavy destroyers fail to guage range accurately and fail to shoot at a razorback in plain sight (almost unheard of mistake on MR6s part) other one removes another razorback closest to his troops (disembarked the squad move back to hold our base).. He assualts the ruined razor with his 4 wraiths..(I couldn't remember whether wraith flight was immune to dangerous terrain too.. so I didn't raise it as a query). Drawn wombat he's down to 3 I have libby and 3 guys (inc naked sergeant) left
My turn, right flank slows lets out a squad who sit waiting to join combat, MM attack bikes do likewise,3 man MM attack bikes zoom up to right in front of the destroyers for maximum balls, razorbacks and predators all open up (including their hunter seeker missiles) at the cocky destroyers.. who to get range are stood mockingly on top of a hill.
3MM attack bikes at silly close range, 2 preds full, 1 only autocannon, 4 shots from the remaining stationary razorbacks..2 Heavy destroyers remain Woooo!
Combat is won (with 1 wound lost from attack bikes) last necron wraith thing runs (high initiative)
His turn2 he WBBs a guy as he falls back, says one isn't in range, I assume thats correct so I'm gonna chase them off the board now (3 man squad reduced to 1, now at 2, from another squad =s above half strength and can regroup.... blah.. is that right?)
He has a shocking (for him) WBB roll on the destroyers, and has a 3 man squad and a one man squad now.
Destroyers try to take out a bike squad and tanks and fail..(funny bad dice) wounds but nothing to serious.His warriors have something to shoot so they do. I drop down to 2 attack bikes (1 wounded, yes it can still use its multimelta..was an interesting phrase I needed to repeat a few times :D )

My turn 3 I chase his wraiths with bikes and 2 squads libby enacts ability but they die to the twinlinked bolters (weird).
MM attack bikes on the left zoom passed the warriors to the now cowering destroyers hid behind the warrior line, everything in my army opens up on the 1 lone destroyer and it evenuatlly falls over bored.I then spend 10 minutes trying to gauge from MR6 whether I should shoot with the remaining 2 man MM attack bike and kill a fewof the 3 man destroyer squad (WBBs likely) or charge and tie up for a round (less death more tactical).. he refuses to be baited on the issue (keeps saying that the lord would kick my ass, but the lord isn't part of the squad).. I shoot them and get a freak of nature..all 3 die (2 of them to bolter shots) Mr6 says I told you so but I think the chance of 4 bolter shots killing 2 destroyers is not statistically an advisable root to trust in (woo joygasm)

His turn 4, his lord walks over tries to crump the MM attack bikes and loses combat by a wound (tee hee). With only his hidden warriors everything else of mine is to far away so his warriors move back out of sight and around their base.

he says to roll a dice to see if there is a turn6 (somewhat confuse d I do and there is- I think I slept through a round where he just sat hiding behind the hill and I forgot to move all my stuff, whoops)

I send a few pitiful advancing shots through gaps in the hill to whittle down his numbers, I take another wound off the lord (null zone and 2 bikes from right flank bikes die in response I think. Not sure- but I’ll call them dead for VPs) but lord survives.

Somewhere around then it ended.. he had a lord with one wound and approx 12 warriors left (414pts left if Lord is full points).. I had Libby full wounds 3 full 5 man squads 1x2 man. 3 predators unharmed, 2 razorbacks still good.(and the speeders which never made it on) remaining points 1030, or a 40% dispersion in victory points for a moral victory. Only his wraiths were ever more than 12”s from his base, I always had a pred and a 5man squad on mine.
Mr6 calls it a progression of his unbeaten record as he held his base, whilst also saying he couldn’t have concived of a softer list to take against me.
I ruthlessly mocked his inability to play if he didn’t have last turn skimmers/jetbikes. (I said I was rude :P He was :coffee :lol: )
KMB
Last edited by killmaimburn on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Batrep, armylist +rules queries, AIO

Postby mortiferum » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:30 am

killmaimburn wrote:Do necron wraiths *ONLY* have an invulnerable save?+others

I believe the most recent FAQ has bestowed a 3+ armour save (aswell as Inv) to Wraiths aswell.

EDIT: taken from online FAQ

Q. Do Wraiths ever need to take Dangerous
Terrain tests?
A. No.
Q. Does a Wraith have both an armour save and
an invulnerable save?
A. Yes, a Wraith has a 3+ armour save and a 3+
invulnerable save.
Last edited by mortiferum on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
mortiferum
Justicar
Justicar

Postby mattjgilbert » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:40 am

Sounds like you won the game and he is a sore loser ;) :P (especially as you played him under-pointed and mashed him to a pulp).

Necron FAQ says:

Q. Does a Wraith have both an armour save and
an invulnerable save?
A. Yes, a Wraith has a 3+ armour save and a 3+
invulnerable save.

What's wrong with the list to take it against KInG?
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:49 am

He has a demon army, all invulnerables low T, My current army (like last one) is massed shooty with a few anti tank bits.. it pumps out 83 shots+ a turn if I like and he'd have to reroll nearly all his saves.
Seems a bit silly..might have to come up with a slightly more polite one for him.
Last edited by killmaimburn on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby mattjgilbert » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:54 am

I see... a not-so-friendly game over after your turn two shooting :D

Yes you may want to make a softer one to prolong the dismantling of KInG :D

BTW... I think the 5th Ed BRB summary pages at the back list Wraiths as having a -/3+ save in contradiction to the FAQ...
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Ljundhammer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:47 am

Sounds like a good game. Shame you rolled for the auto-draw mission...
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Re: Batrep, armylist +rules queries, AIO

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:48 am

killmaimburn wrote:Do necron wraiths *ONLY* have an invulnerable save?+others

others have quoted the FAQ, but i just wanted to point out that i had maintained the position that they did indeed have both (based on the codex) for some time before it was confirmed officially, despite rather strong opposition. ;)

killmaimburn wrote:(I couldn't remember whether wraith flight was immune to dangerous terrain too.. so I didn't raise it as a query).

the codex (3rd ed) says they dont take "Difficult" Terrain tests, because back then thats what they would have taken. thankfully (and quite suprisingly, considering this is GW...) the 5th ed FAQ updates this, stating that they do not have to take Dangerous Terrain tests.

killmaimburn wrote:(3 man squad reduced to 1, now at 2, from another squad =s above half strength and can regroup.... blah.. is that right?)

yes, models added to the unit due to WBB count when working out unit strength for Regrouping purposes (its also in the FAQ :P).

hope that helps :)

(good batrep BTW :D)

cheers!

~ Tim
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby KInG » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:24 pm

bringing SM to AOS now :P Ur gonna get it ;) book my rematch down for sunday morning plz :D
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Return to 40K Battle Reports

Social Links