Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Trim Eldar 1750 into 1500

Post your army lists here!

Trim Eldar 1750 into 1500

Postby BigJim » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:11 pm

I got talked into playing a 1750 point game last week and liked the way that my list peformed (it helped that I won the game). I have another 1750 this coming monday.

The challenge is how to trim this list to get it back down to 1500 without losing the balanced feel.

HQ – Eldrad Ulthuan 210
HQ – Avatar 155

Troops – 10 Wraithguard, Warlock (Spiritseer, Conceal) 396
Troops – 10 Dire Avengers, Exarch (Assault 4 shuriken cata) 137
Troops – 10 Dire Avengers, Exarch (Assault 4 shuriken cata) 137
Troops – 4 Jetbikes 88

Fast Attack – 3 Vypers (all with shuriken cannon) 150

Heavy – Wraithlord (Wraithsword) 100
Heavy - 2 War walkers (2 x bright lance)
- 1 War walker (bright lance & scatter laser) 255
Heavy – 3 War walkers (2 x shuriken cannon) 120

Total – 1748 points

General tactics are if playing objectives wraithguard, avatar and wraithlord walk straight for opponents ones (Dire Avengers hold mine), Walkers stay near Eldrad for Guide and Fortune assistance. Vypers on general harrasment duty. Jet bikes last minute objective taking or contesting.
BigJim

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:34 pm

Droping 1 jetbike, the warwalker that uses the leftover points (the bright lance/scatter laser one) and 1 whole squad of dire avengers is 239 then you drop one bright lance down to a missile launcher to fit 1500.
Thats a bit of everything but keeping your units primary purposes.
How does that sound? i don't want to mess with the Advance line Wraithguard need to stay at 10, wraithlord could become the heavy weapon guy instead of the warwalkers but then your changing his role, eldrad is a keeper. 3 Vypers..could be got rid of but they chuck out shots and contest stuff I think you need to keep them for the 6 bases scenarios.
It does weaken your base holding (and makes the KPs slightly easier) but thats what 250 points more points does :lol:
Last edited by killmaimburn on Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Gymbol » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:45 pm

I'd drop the vypers and add a waveserpent/spirit stone for the Dire Avengers. That is 40 pts.

Other than that, as always, KMB is my hero.
The rule of 40k is "most special rules winzzors (unless your grey knights)" so sayeth me.

(KMB)
Gymbol
Exarch
Exarch

Postby BigJim » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:08 pm

Thanks for the ideas.

The vypers were actually the last minute add to this list, however I think that if i take KMB suggestion to lose a sqaud of DA then I don't need the wave serpent for the one I keep.

KMB suggestions - all noted - only slight difference I think I will try is keep the 2 war walkers with 2 x bright lance, drop one of the 2 x shuriken cannon and add EML to wraithlord.

The bright lance warwalkers are my only serious anti-tank, and with the usual guardian shooting of missing barn doors I want as many chances as possible.
BigJim

Postby killmaimburn » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:01 am

Gymbol wrote: KMB is my hero.
“A hero is a man who is afraid to run away.” (english proverb) :lol: , Please place all idolations on collection plate on the left ;)

I had a little sit back and stare again last night..(for one thing I decided that you hadn't split the FA into seperates and that they weren't dual cannons on each).
How about this
Put on EML to wraithlord (25)upgrade shurican catapult on one vyper to shurican cannon (10)=+35
Drop 1xdire avengers(137), drop the mixed warwalker (75) 4th jetbike (22) drop one vyper(50)=-284
=1499 (you swap 1 anti tank shot from WW for the option of anti tank on WL-you keep the volume of fire from the vypers if you want, you lose out on the dire avengers.)
Alt 1- instead of the second weapon on the vyper, put it on the more conventional jetbike (more chance of firing it-but this might mean they get shot at how you play makes the choice for you)
Alt 2-Drop a 2nd vyper (so you only have the one) give it scatter laser and shurican cannon (just sits somewhere shooting 7 shots a turn), give a shurican cannon to jetbikes,up EML on WL to brightlance.Means you can buy bladestorm for those direavengers (handy to chuck out an extra 10 shots if your about to be charged etc MR6 and Lord M have shown me it can actually hurt :))
Last edited by killmaimburn on Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links