Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Someone elses project log (latest WD demons vs guard batrep)

For members to post long running threads about projects they are working on

Re: Someone elses project log (now with added GT!!)

Postby Ljundhammer » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:00 am

Nooooooooo! Not Dragonell! I hope it's not too bad!

Those bikes are looking really good. I thought you couldn't paint?
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby KInG » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:51 am

Toby, sorry to be such a pain, i thought u weren't beyond that stage yet... the piccies weren't too clear.

Anyways, Im sure that we will all get the lists tourney legal by the deadline. U should have seen my Sm this time last year. Infact if i take a piccie of one of the troops, you will see exactly what I mean, coz they've not seen a paintbrush since :D
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:01 pm

Why thank you.I’m almost tempted to delete the picture of the cat so I can aspire to have 2 compliments per page for once in this mo fo… but it’s a cat. :mrgreen:
The gluing is done (and not dripped and made everything look dodgy and white unlike that front marine in previous pic..dagnabbit PVA glue means his shoulder and helmet really could do with redoing)..he looks like he's been on a few too many tables (alot of his peripheries ..tips of spears, horns and wings have chipped off, which is an arse,..as that’s the blendy drybrushy end and I never quite got which shades the artist had used.But all in all he just looks like he went to WHW and back.-very lucky escape..for the kitten.(who has in the mean time got herself trapped in the larder..done a poo in the onions box and is still on my Sh1t list)
I’ve lost the defilers 2 heads of turny roundy expression though.. will need to wait until everything is out of there before I can have a good look around for them.(hopefully not eaten)

Faces..its tricky, I've already used the foundationy stuff.. my aim (theme) is for scorpian green eyes (geneseed mutation carrotis magnificum) but I always fudge up the eyes..and I always fudge up the toning down of the skin colour.. so I'm going to have to chicken and egg.. carefull not to tone down the crevass that is the eyes, but also get the green to fill it out with a hue. (pro folks out there are saying no big deal.. but you don't want to know how many attempts at this sort of thing it normally takes me)
then I have the skull mount/extras of the dread to do.
Finish the locator beacon (which already has all the base colours on)
and if time allows grey line some of the black so it doesn' look so basecoaty.
Oh and then a few more trophys if I have time to paint them and mount them.. the genestealer head was a last minute addition but I think I could do with a few more similar things on a few bases etc.

EDIT- and then maybe fret a bit more about the relic blade and the forms :lol:
Last edited by killmaimburn on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Ljundhammer » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:02 pm

Nige, I remember that they were green. Very green if I recall...

KMB - you want to paint eyes on your heads - that's commitment - I've never bothered, sometimes you have to do a cost:benefit analysis...
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:06 pm

Not that dedicated.. i just mean glowing as and not to horrible bright face.. example
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby timewizard » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:31 pm

Those glowing ones are a little large though. On the models it might look a lot like the 'bug eyed' look.
Your bases are looking better, you're nearly done with them. Looks like your army will be ok.
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Socaddict » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:53 pm

tiny blob of silver, and some green ink or wash?
Waaargh.
Orks project log here
Socaddict
Mekboy
Warlord

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby timewizard » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:01 pm

That might do it.
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby mattjgilbert » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:43 am

Looking good Toby. Sorry for any perceived bitching (not the right word at all) about how to go about doing things. Only trying to offer some advice :)

The best part about going through all the motions and chores putting an army together is sitting back when it's all done and admiring what you have done.

And don't be upset if people don't notice things like the 6 hours you spent lining stuff - YOU know you put the effort in and that's what counts.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:32 am

Socaddict wrote:tiny blob of silver, and some green ink or wash?
I've tried that, pics up soon.
mattjgilbert wrote:Sorry for any perceived bitching
i can cope with the ones that actually offer help :D
mattjgilbert wrote:The best part about going through all the motions and chores putting an army together is sitting back when it's all done and admiring what you have done.
thats not what happens :cry: What happens is I look at my other 6000 points and start bringing them up to the same standard (its painting communism for my models) So far I've brought a dev squad and a few others up the same standard just because the voices tell me I must :lol: .- Instead of grey lining my GT stuff 8O :roll: I've also pulled apart a speeder in an attempt to get it to fit together better..and think it will only ever fit together worse (horrible horrible model to put together those 3rd ed speeders)Probably going to use 1/2 ounce of green stuff

From parrellel threads
1) (baragahs thread on whether I meet basic 3 colours)
Black basecoat, washed over to not be dry or flakey(mostly)..liche purple shin and elbow pads+ bike bits(lined warlock pinky purple).Silver chest dry brush,silver back pack with exhausts in brazen brass. White shins and shoulder pad trim Main shoulder pad 3 coats of storm blue (bloody hard to work up from black (harder I reckon than purple) dry brushed ultramarines or white dependant on rank..Scorpian green eyes and lascannon barrels.Brown>yellow>bleached bone for tethers of purity seals..Red gore, then the lighter one on top for wax of purity seals, targeters and 5 bar gate kill counts that break up the black..Lightening blue and sliver for power weapons.
Most black greylined and gloves codex grey.
Bases are as they come, with pale sand and grey slate.

2) General Gt thread on what tray to take.)
I tried 5 trays none fitted my whole army so I'm following angelwings advice and using a fruit box..just need to make a little foam slit for my infantry to sit in :D

Pics up soon..but I've been sick as a dog since saturday (everytime I eat anything(inc a single satsuma segment) its like I'm getting a swift jab to the gut)Had a 34 hour fast(just water)..had zentac and decided that I shall be in attendance at my local informal community medical facility on the morrow :oops:
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby mattjgilbert » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:21 am

Sonds grim. 24 hours water only normally does the trick.

Looking forward to the pictures though. I agree that speeders are horrible. At least they are all plastic; metal/plastic models are the worst.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby cgra1 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:38 am

"painting communism for my models"

I have to agree with that, the voices are telling me that I cant possible use unpainted or unfinished models with my newly painted SM army now, so Im desperatley painting the rest of my SM stuff instead of play testing my GT army :cry:
cgra1

Postby killmaimburn » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:27 am

cgra1 wrote:"painting communism for my models"

I have to agree with that, the voices are telling me that I cant possible use unpainted or unfinished models with my newly painted SM army now, so Im desperatley painting the rest of my SM stuff instead of play testing my GT army :cry:

And here they are..my totally (mostly Un Gt) updates
Biotitan invades a table (all the other opponents seemed to not show up :evil: ) She's put on 1/3rd of her bodymass in the last 3 weeks. 8O

Took on board angelwings idea.. but I then realised it was too big to go down anywhere in WHW full of geeks so bought an large tray from ikea (£5)

Babayaga throne is now pinned and I've started making the dreaded tentacles I've been putting off for a year or so (last seen middle page 4)

The damocles rhino has had a refurb job to pull it up to the standard (last seen top page2)

Random bits I've pulled up, 2 dev squads worth of heavy weapons and some attack bikes,some demonettes started,
[/url]Image

before and after pic of the gaps in the speeders..thats all 5ish done up to the new norm.
[url=http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=25800]Image

I grey stuffed and attempted to the skulpt the relic blade to have some magnificence (which was decidedly not magnificent in its previous version..middle page 5)

I also worked a bit on plague lord nurglitch, but a green rincse on subtle yellow went really wrong, and I did a few bits and bats more to the techmarine HQ conversion beamer.. but not enought to merit a whole new pic :D
So lets see how this page config comes out..test test :D
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby KInG » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:53 am

do u use these SMs as tznch or slannesh at any point? they are very colourful Toby :)
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:57 am

I do use my smurf-lights for slightly spikey marines( to bolster tzeentch and undivided..and once in a while khorne) as well as using the BA codex (must get around to posting my 35 assualt marines..)and possibly soon the wolves.

The slanneshhy gold and purple is a slow unintentional creep, not sure quite why it just seems to be how the colour theme of my army stands out.. so I'm bigging up the more colourfull elements over the black with black bits.. its all the call of slannesshh :)
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

PreviousNext

Return to Project Logs

Social Links