Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

GT heat 3 news

For event announcements to be shown in the recent news on the forum home page.

Re: GT heat 3 news

Postby Daimyo52 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:00 pm

just a very short note of my weekend's games............

I took................CSM

2 x Lash DP
7 PG........2 melta / PF / Rhino
6 PG........2 flamer / PF / Rhino
8 Zerks.....PF ( in LR )
2 x 2 oblits
LR

Rob

just got back from heat 3 3 wins / 1 draw / 2 losses, just missed olut qualifying in 51st

Game 1.......( Spearhead / Seize ) SM bike army with 3 Landspeeder and a drop pod................. killed all but 2 bikes/3 bikes and 1 speeder left with lots of lash action on the bikes, but lost on turn 5 because although I had troops on 2 objectives, they weren't surrounding them 3 inches out so, he turboed onto all 3 of them and the game ended on turn 5

Game 2......( Pitched / Capture ) 4 Battle Wagon ork army..........nailed two wagons coming across the table and the 3rd when my oblits d/s into the flank and melta'd it............ he got desperate and grounded the 4th wagon trying to back his boyz up, 20 boyz hit 2 oblits killed 1 and lost 2, Zerks hit the orks and they kill 17, DP flys on his objective to contest and I win

Game 3.....( Dawn / Annihilation ) CSM..... killed dakka pred and rhino T1, oblit unit and rhino T2 and same again T3 then backed off and feed his princes my own princes to run the game out.............

Game 4.....( Dawn / Seige ) Orks 3 BW / 2 trucks one full or rocket orks................ tough game but contested 2 and held 1 for a win but killed most of his army

Game 5....(Spearhead / Capture ) CSM........ usual draw but lost some stuff to 3 noise marine blastmasters, a defiler and vidicators templates that hardly missed, but held for a draw.

Game 6....( Pitched / Annihilation ) deamons.....Older italian guy, .just couldn't keeps everything off my army lost 5-3 on KP's although in hindsight I might have scraped a draw as most of his stuff was in difficult terrain and I killed the 2 Griders early and probably should have left him the 2 oblit units and pulled everything back and lashed the fiends away ( ani't it wonderful looking back )

so all in all learned a lot about both my army and the scenarios's so overall a great weekend.
Daimyo52

Postby zipper-fish » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:58 pm

Evening chaps, great weekend even though my orks had plans of their own. I don’t think ive ever lost as many in the first turn of a game before as i did with Peter Corps, the ones he didn’t kill i killed myself by sticking PK's into tanks and not surviving the explosions lol. Oh well better luck nxt time. The only issue i had with the weekend was the smell coming for Mr King on the way home. Haha
zipper-fish

Postby KInG » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:11 pm

:( lol wasn't me!

Wow great to see the new friends we made posting here, welcome to you all. We are always excited when new regular visitors come join our community here, so hopefully you enjoy your stay at AoS.

We have regular AoS meet ups, 2 x a year, at WHW, so maybe we will see you again soon. February '10 is the next one. Check out the thread for that one. Would be great to see you all again there :)

Must write up my games especially the last one, where I just scraped into the finals. Having discussed the game though afterwards with Gav it seems his Tankbustas who zoomed around the table in a trukk killing all 3 Vendettas must have found their trukk somehwere other than their codex coz it's not listed as an option in there :( As far as I can recal his whole army was mounted, so there wasn't a spare trukk for them to be given. :D lol
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:30 pm

Anyone having trouble navigating the site do say.. but here are links to the threads Mr the king refers too
2010 signin viewtopic.php?f=50&t=3899
2009 spring write ups viewtopic.php?p=30427%23p30427#30427
summer (when we did a friendly tourney).. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3638&hilit=tournament after fast forwards I might go back and fix those image links in that thread..looks messy
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby mattjgilbert » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:39 am

Sounds like everyone had a great time and there were good games had all round.

Welcome to all the new folks.

I'll start a new thread for the Feb 2010 meet-up as the last has got a bit messy. WHW is booked, I just need to sort out accomodation for everyone (if possible).
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Baragash » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:10 pm

TBH, having thought about the Eldar and Lash armies that are likely to be rolling up, I'm tempted to switch armies to acquire some psychic defence. I didn't really encounter psionics in the heat due to being tanked in the first two games.

Should I be concerned?
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Thats a bit of an open question really dude.
I took pretty much the only defences one can take (other than null rods or stacking runes) and still got pillaged by the dice and a competant psyker.
Remeber Jaws of the world wolf and other stuff will start to show up..and maybe (maybe) some new zoanthrope powers.
Do you want to take it back to your project log and start shouting out a few things you have in mind (chaos have virtually nothing apart from kharn, meching out or killing them before they get you)
Do your BA get the old hoods without any range?
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby lostandthedamned » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:17 pm

I think that the number of psychic powers used may drop slightly due to the new space wolves. Being able to nullify any power on a static 4+ makes things much more difficult for them.

In fact Njal Stormcaller seems to be a very good anti-metagame character at the moment. His free winds + Murderous Hurricane start to hamper skimmer based armies and his dispel is at 3+.

The problem though is predicting the meta. Are enough people going to be using wolves that it's not worth playing the current eldar/chaos and instead play something that beats up on the wolf list...
When you wish upon a star, your dreams can come true.
Unless it's a meteorite falling to Earth, which will destroy all life, then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for.
Unless it's death by meteorite.
lostandthedamned
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby KInG » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:11 pm

magic smaj-ic ... just make sure you have enough shots to do any unit in tha game :)

do DA have 'no limit' hood?
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Killsiwtch » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:49 pm

KInG wrote:
do DA have 'no limit' hood?

They certainly do.
Killsiwtch
Guardian
Guardian

Postby KInG » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:53 pm

mmmmmm might have to have another look at my DA list again, it starts to look better al the time:

Turbo scouting bikes.
No limit hood.
Speeders as troops.
Mixed termie units.

any others I should consider?

This is my old DA list which did well Heat 3 07/09 4th Ed. 2nd place.

Sammeal in speeder.
3 x 3 bikes with meltas in one, flamers in another, and melta flamer in next. 2 w. PW and 1 w. fist.
3 x Preds with TL Lassie and HB spons.
3 x speeders, AC and MM on two and MM and HFlamer on the other.

Moved and fired very well in 4th, but lost alot of that mobility in 5th.

I was thinking a termie heavy, raider list, so what would be best DA, SM, SW or..... DH.
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Baragash » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:30 am

Was looking at a the rules for another reason just now and realised that if you stop 1" away in the move phase, even a double 1 doesn't fail the assault. Kept having to roll for that at the weekend (didn't fail, but good to know) - will have to declare I'm stopping 1" away in future.
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:36 am

KInG wrote:Turbo scouting bikes.
No limit hood.
Speeders as troops.
Mixed termie units.

Sounds like you want to start havibng a peek at the "doublewing" thread over on warseer.. bit dusty I think.
Baragash wrote:if you stop 1" away in the move phase, even a double 1 doesn't fail the assault.
Its a handy one to always have up your sleeve.. in case someone pulls the myth that a one always fails out.. (its only the case with saves p24 rigth hand side)
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby KInG » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:44 am

even at 1" away, u still roll... coz that let's you know how far the rest of the guys who aren't 1" away can move. Important for large units with Claws and fists and also if you're wanting to assault more than just the primary target.
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby KInG » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:46 am

killmaimburn wrote:
KInG wrote:Turbo scouting bikes.
No limit hood.
Speeders as troops.
Mixed termie units.

Sounds like you want to start havibng a peek at the "doublewing" thread over on warseer.. bit dusty I think.
Baragash wrote:if you stop 1" away in the move phase, even a double 1 doesn't fail the assault.
Its a handy one to always have up your sleeve.. in case someone pulls the myth that a one always fails out.. (its only the case with saves p24 rigth hand side)

can u take Sammael and Beliel and have troops as bikes and termies?
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Events

Social Links