Image M10 Tank Destroyer Plaroon and Security Section
26%
Image Ra, ruler of Abydos
24%

Total votes : 25

Re: AOS Painter of the Month - March 2013 Voting Poll

Postby ruffian4 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:35 pm

Those wheels are the dogs b******s!
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby conscriptboris » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:04 pm

voted :)
conscriptboris
Elvis isnt Dead!
Commander

Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Talus » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:17 pm

poll ends at 00.27 tomorrow (sunday 31st) morning, so any one else that wants to vote, get it in now

sometime tomorrow evening, the entry thread for april will be put up, so figure out what you want to enter!
Talus
Sir Hack'n'Slash!
Chief Justice

Medals: 25
Anvil's Hammer - 3rd Place (1) Gold (3) Silver (3) Bronze Wreath (1) Bronze (5)
Painting Entrant (12)

Postby Talus » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:38 am

Well to end this first contest, we have a tie for 1st place, and a tie for 3rd!

congratulations to Cain and Timewizard for 1st place, you each get yourselves 3 points!

and congratulations to Spack and myself on 3rd, we each get 1 point!

of course you lot suck, i literally broke my wrist getting him repainted on time!

the thread for next months contest will be started tomorrow, so prep your entries!
Talus
Sir Hack'n'Slash!
Chief Justice

Medals: 25
Anvil's Hammer - 3rd Place (1) Gold (3) Silver (3) Bronze Wreath (1) Bronze (5)
Painting Entrant (12)

Postby Cain Tiberius » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:59 am

Wow! Couldn't have gotten much closer could it? Well done guys :)

I still think those who voted for mine are deluded, lol. But thank you for your votes.
My BA Blog

Semper Fidelis
Cain Tiberius
Enforcer
Enforcer

Medals: 12
Gold (2) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (8)
Blog: View Blog (36)

Postby Spack » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:55 am

Wow, that was incredibly close.

And before someone adds up the votes and wonders why it says "Total Votes: 25" at the bottom, the 25 is number of members who voted ... although that means it's are 8 votes short, I guess 8 members only voted for one entry :|
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby killmaimburn » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:20 am

Is that that you are all equal in the eyes of the paint god, or that with 2 votes to spread around.. just throwing enough pasta at apples and oranges created a 50/50 split?

(suggest not 2 votes, or slightly more comparable stuff next time?did we just get lucky that 2 things were tanks tasnk world of tanks tanks tanks or is it that all you lot read any more is tanks tanks tank you very tank tank).

(I voted once, for spack, cos his bored guys shuffling their feet looked awesomely bored and shuffly)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby timewizard » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:46 pm

Only 1 vote per registered member?

Interesting idea, we'll take it under advisement.

As far as comparable stuff, the idea behind the competition is to get people working on any project they might have. I've gotten into flames of war, so I had some AFVs I needed to paint. Other entrants had different projects. If we say that this month is a competition for 40K models, what do the people here working on WFB stuff do? If we say it's a contest for painted figures, then the folks doing up vehicles are shut out.

By leaving the contest open to any modeling project, we thought it would give everyone a chance to work on and show off anything they were working on. For example, the work Spack did on his railroad table was very impressive and very well done, why not enter it in a contest? Cain did a great scratchbuilt Thunderhawk. So should the contest only be open to 40K, or to scratchbuilding? Bob_to_Some is working on LOTR figures. I've got a few sci-fi and fantasy kits that I've never gotten around to finishing. The idea is to leave the contest open to all areas of the hobby so that everyone can enter, regardless of interest.

That's why the rules said, and will be expanded to stress, that you should pick your favorite(s) based on the entire project. Maybe someone does beautiful painting, but it's on a simple stock model. Maybe someone doesn't paint up to 'eavy metal standards, but they did a tremendous amount of work on a scratch build or a difficult conversion. take all aspects of the hobby and the individual project into consideration when making your choice.

I'll be posting up the rules and deadlines for April's contest later on today. But as we said in the beginning, this is still a work in progress (the contest that is) and we appreciate any and all suggestions, comments and criticisms. I think we are off to a great start with this contest!
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Cain Tiberius » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:21 pm

I think the 'open' contest is the only way to go on this forum. We just have enough members, or rather, enough members in the same system/catagory to do specific system or catagory.
I like it personally as my entry for April has nothing to do with 40k or even GW. Yet my budget wouldn't allow for a different system/manufacturer every month.

As for 2 votes each.. The problem is not having 2 votes, but rather not enough entrants. Because there was only 4 entries to vote on, we had the above result. If we had more, those votes would have been a little more spread out.
Possibly in future contests, the organisers can vary the number of votes depending on the number of entries. Say 1 vote per member from 2<10 entries. And 2 votes per member for 11< entries etc etc.

Just my $0.02 (now $1.85 due to inflation)

Nathanael
My BA Blog

Semper Fidelis
Cain Tiberius
Enforcer
Enforcer

Medals: 12
Gold (2) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (8)
Blog: View Blog (36)

Postby timewizard » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:25 pm

Good idea Nathanael!

And yes, the number of entrants was problematic. Unfortunately estarriol and Bob_to_Some were unable to get their entries in. Hopefully this month will see more people jumping in to the competition.
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:29 pm

massacred by me so it fits on my phone
timewizard wrote:As far as comparable stuff, the idea behind the competition is to get people working on any project they might have. If we say that this month(...) the folks doing up vehicles are shut out.
The idea is to leave the contest open to all (..)regardless of interest.

take all aspects of the hobby and the individual project into consideration when making your choice.
this is still a work in progress (the contest that is)
yes I read that when responding to matt. =)

who said gw? you guys and your boxes.
The nature of comparing carving out a Victorian table leg to most innovative use of dental floss to nonmetallic metals to most Muppet like animatronically controlled vehicle, without any design brief such as "something that inspires hope" or best use the "aggression" "colour me blue" leaves the voting bit pretty mindless. tis the literal apple orange.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ageofwar » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:42 pm

No one won then because it was draw :|

It's because of this "8 Votes Short".
I like this website :)

My Gallery

Spack wrote:Welcome to the forum :) Be gentle with him, he's my son!
ageofwar

Previous

Return to Competitions

Social Links